February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

Jeffort

Gold

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by Jeffort » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:48 am

PourMeTea wrote:Feb LSAT should be CHEAPER imo
At the very least it would be nice if LSAC released scores with a shorter wait after test day than for the other 3 times per year since they don't have to provide disclosure files with scanned answer sheets and whatnot and get all that stuff uploaded and ready before sending out scores. Not having to do the computer work to get all that stuff ready should cut down at least a few days of needed processing time to get everything ready I would guess. Too bad any hopes for an unusually early score release should be pretty much dashed due to the make-up test some people have to wait for.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:00 am

Test day anxiety has finally started to set in... Slept like a baby last night. But now, wired...

carmensandiego

Bronze

Post by carmensandiego » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:23 am

For those who had two LG sections, anyone remember the game with only "rule?" It was my first section and it was a horrible way to start the test. Think they did that on purpose. I was able to rebound and when I saw the second LG section, which was considerably easier, I almost cried tears of joy.

Overall, LG was decent. That diplomat chair game was a little difficult. The two LR sections were easy, and the RC kinda tripped me up with the two comparative passages but the other passages were fairly straight forward.

Mauve.Dino

Bronze

Post by Mauve.Dino » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:06 am

Looks like I'll be taking it in October, then.

As soon as I opened the test, my brain froze. Reading RC (my first section) was like reading a foreign language for ten minutes. After that, I was rushing to complete the section in time. Nothing seemed to make sense. I had the same experience for every other section, as well. I remember the proctor calling five minutes during my (experimental) LG, and I just sat there staring at my test, trying to remember who I was and what I was doing there. I just couldn't think. At all.

I won't speak of the LG ambassadors. Letter B straight through for me.

I guessed on half the test. I don't remember anything, really. It was so traumatic. I was PTing at a respectable upper 160's - lower 170's range, and I'll be lucky to hit 150.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:28 am

Mauve.Dino wrote:Looks like I'll be taking it in October, then.

As soon as I opened the test, my brain froze. Reading RC (my first section) was like reading a foreign language for ten minutes. After that, I was rushing to complete the section in time. Nothing seemed to make sense. I had the same experience for every other section, as well. I remember the proctor calling five minutes during my (experimental) LG, and I just sat there staring at my test, trying to remember who I was and what I was doing there. I just couldn't think. At all.

I guessed on half the test. I don't remember anything, really. It was so traumatic. I was PTing at a respectable upper 160's - lower 170's range, and I'll be lucky to hit 150.
Sorry to hear that :( First time nerves can be tough on a lot of people - next time you'll do great. Why not June?
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zatharus

New

Post by zatharus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 am

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Is there anybody else that feels like they have no reason to be awake on a Sunday morning without the need to do another PT?

I had the LR-RC-LR-LG-LR version of the test.

To be honest, I found the first half of the test before the break to be ridiculously easy. Seemed significantly easier than the December 2013 test as well any of the practice tests I'd been taking recently. I finished each section before the proctor called the 5 Minute Warning. Took the time to doublecheck some questions but didn't end up changing anything.

Came back from the break after chowing down on some Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritos and downing a Vitamin Water and I was ready to knock it out of the park.

And then the LG section came. My general routine on PT's has been to flip through the games and see what types they have and then plan my strategy. BAD MOVE. I saw the circle game and freaked. LG is my worst section, and just the night before I was thumbing through the PS LG Bible and was about to review the Forgotten Few Chapter but passed figuring it would be better to just get a good night's sleep the night before the test.

Knowing that circle game was out there waiting for me totally messed me up. Ended up spending so much time on the first couple games thinking I had to do extremely well on them in order to compensate for the circle game that I was barely done with my diagram for the third game when they were calling the 5 Minute Warning. Not good.

I don't think the last LR section was really any more difficult than the first two (still not sure which of those was experimental) but I'm certain I missed a few on it due to still being messed up from seeing that damn circle game on there.

ElliotNessquire

New

Post by ElliotNessquire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 am

Sounds like the general consensus of the 4 scored sections is that rc may have been slightly more difficult than expected, first lr was fairly straightforward and simple while the 2nd lr was more challenging, and that the lg section was noticeably tougher than normal? Would most agree?

I actually felt that rc was easier than I expected while lr was pretty standard and the lg section was by far the hardest I had seen in my 30+ practice tests -- I'd be ecstatic if I had 11 correct answers from that lg section! Hoping for something close to 158ish

j-select

New

Post by j-select » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 am

pr
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:55 am

Welcome zatharus!,

I had the same config, LG was my low point as well. The last LR did not go as smoothly for me as the previous two, but nothing earth shaking.

In retrospect, I am reasonably happy with the layout. The first LR seemed to go nicely which seemed to boost my confidence, which I hope helped for a few sections (up to LG anyway).

Now all we have left is the wait.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ElliotNessquire

New

Post by ElliotNessquire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:01 am

j-select wrote:
carmensandiego wrote:For those who had two LG sections, anyone remember the game with only "rule?" It was my first section and it was a horrible way to start the test. Think they did that on purpose. I was able to rebound and when I saw the second LG section, which was considerably easier, I almost cried tears of joy.

Overall, LG was decent. That diplomat chair game was a little difficult. The two LR sections were easy, and the RC kinda tripped me up with the two comparative passages but the other passages were fairly straight forward.
I didn't think lg was overly difficult, but one question on the months game was impossible. All of the other questions were fine, and I rechecked the answers and rules two or three times. I went on to the diplomats, and finished it with time to spare so I came back but still couldn't figure out that one question. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have considers the possibility that I just missed a rule or something... But I don't think so for two reasons: I was able to answer the other questions so confidently after the second time through and because I have done a LOT of lg's and I think I could tell if I blew a rule.

Since it's just one question, I'm not super worried. I am even thinking that it might be an omitted answer. But, if others didn't have a similar experience, it might be that I blew that game...

I know exactly which question you're referencing because I kept thinking the same as you -- odds are we both missed a part of 1 of the rules, but I was scratching my head on that exact one as well

zatharus

New

Post by zatharus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 am

Yup. The waiting stinks. Anybody have any idea what the typical turnaround time is for February scores, or are we stuck actually waiting until 3/5/14 like the LSAC site says?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:07 am

It seems common that the scores come in a few days before the announced launch.

Back on the Oct waiters thread someone linked to a table of all the score release dates for the last dozen years or so. If I find it I will post a link...

ETA:
http://www.manhattanlsat.com/actual-score-release.cfm

j-select

New

Post by j-select » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:09 am

pr
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ElliotNessquire

New

Post by ElliotNessquire » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:13 am

j-select wrote:
ElliotNessquire wrote:
j-select wrote:
carmensandiego wrote:For those who had two LG sections, anyone remember the game with only "rule?" It was my first section and it was a horrible way to start the test. Think they did that on purpose. I was able to rebound and when I saw the second LG section, which was considerably easier, I almost cried tears of joy.

I didn't think lg was overly difficult, but one question on the months game was impossible. All of the other questions were fine, and I rechecked the answers and rules two or three times. I went on to the diplomats, and finished it with time to spare so I came back but still couldn't figure out that one question. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have considers the possibility that I just missed a rule or something... But I don't think so for two reasons: I was able to answer the other questions so confidently after the second time through and because I have done a LOT of lg's and I think I could tell if I blew a rule.

Since it's just one question, I'm not super worried. I am even thinking that it might be an omitted answer. But, if others didn't have a similar experience, it might be that I blew that game...

I know exactly which question you're referencing because I kept thinking the same as you -- odds are we both missed a part of 1 of the rules, but I was scratching my head on that exact one as well
We're you able to figure it out?

Hell no -- I went through and plugged in each option just to find that none made any sense by the rules I had interpreted

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:20 am

Really? I thought 2nd lg was way harder, and the one rule game was the easiest. I guess it's just different for everyone, but I finished that game in about 4 minutes, thought that whole exp section was fun.

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am

Know what you mean, I kind of hit that wall at the start of my 2nd LR section, I'd only gotten to about question 14 or 15 by the 15 minute mark. I somehow flew through 6 questions or so after that though, got through all by the skin of my teeth. Hope that doesn't mean I got all of those wrong...

carmensandiego

Bronze

Post by carmensandiego » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 am

PattyCake wrote:

Really? I thought 2nd lg was way harder, and the one rule game was the easiest. I guess it's just different for everyone, but I finished that game in about 4 minutes, thought that whole exp section was fun.
Oh man, it may have just been me but I read the one rule game's prompt at least 3x and just couldn't wrap my head around it. That being said, I thought the other games were a breeze in the exp section. Oh well, it’s not scored so it makes me kinda happy! I'd be lucky to have answered one question right in that particular game.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

j-select

New

Post by j-select » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 am

pr
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:29 am

Feel exactly the same way and had same PT range as you. See ya in June

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:54 am

Now that I'm hungover I feel decidedly worse about the test... Womp womp.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Nucky wrote:Now that I'm hungover I feel decidedly worse about the test... Womp womp.
I feel better today but probably because I remember much less about it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Nucky wrote:Now that I'm hungover I feel decidedly worse about the test... Womp womp.
I feel better today but probably because I remember much less about it.
Same here. I'll go back and forth from now to the release date thinking I got either a 145 or a 170. But if it's like last time, my initial prediction somewhere approximately halfway between will be accurate. And I'll be disappointed. Again. The only difference is that I now have a perfect visualization of the CORRECT diagram with the proper deductions for the art installation game to haunt me in my sleep between now and then. Thanks, brain.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:27 pm

PattyCake wrote: I'll go back and forth from now to the release date thinking I got either a 145 or a 170.
+1
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:20 pm

xylocarp wrote:
PattyCake wrote: I'll go back and forth from now to the release date thinking I got either a 145 or a 170.
+1

Xylocarp you did fine. With those averages you had I bet a 168-169 would feel like a disaster. I averaged 168.4 and PTs that were like holy shit I just blew it turned out to be 164s and 165s ... Trust your instincts. I bet you broke 170.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Semi-Hung over.

I am banking on a Feb 26-28 release date

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”