February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

Miracle

Silver

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by Miracle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:25 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:The scores will be released right around my birthday! How scary…
I think that's nice! It'll either be an awesome birthday gift, or it won't be too bad because you'll still have fun birthday things to do :) (sure it'll be the former, of course!)
Im hoping for an awesome birthday gift!!! :P Wouldn't that be sweet…

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 pm

90convoy wrote:After RC I was praying that there would be another RC later and that the RC I just did was experimental. Just can't get over how much I bombed that section
This was my exact thought process until I hit section 5 LR... Combined with my frustration over the section 4 LG, section 5 was a blur.

I didn't break 140.

W$RKliveWELL

Bronze

Post by W$RKliveWELL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm hoping for a miracle it was all good until that last game then it was a whole lot of guessing due to lack of time. This was my 3rd take and i'm already in schools idk if I should cancel.

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:02 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:I'm hoping for a miracle it was all good until that last game then it was a whole lot of guessing due to lack of time. This was my 3rd take and i'm already in schools idk if I should cancel.
What harm can it do? If the schools you were admitted to already won't rescind an offer, then why not see how you did? I'm in the same boat, but if I have options I don't see the point in cancelling a score that might still surprise me.

W$RKliveWELL

Bronze

Post by W$RKliveWELL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:06 pm

PattyCake wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:I'm hoping for a miracle it was all good until that last game then it was a whole lot of guessing due to lack of time. This was my 3rd take and i'm already in schools idk if I should cancel.
What harm can it do? If the schools you were admitted to already won't rescind an offer, then why not see how you did? I'm in the same boat, but if I have options I don't see the point in cancelling a score that might still surprise me.
This is true I've never heard of schools taking back an offer. I feel like my reach schools now with a worse score on this exam are are still reach schools which is fine. But their are atleast 2-3 schools I'm still waiting on that I think my current score gives me a shot at idk how much bombing would negatively effect my chances.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm in my safety w/o money so depending on what my score looks like, I'll be finding a job for a few years and gain some more experience in the industry before I try again. Since this was my second take, I can definitely see where I need improvement.

To top it off, I got cited for an expired tag. As if the atrocity I barely lived trough wasn't bad enough, that green $40 ticket on my windshield surely put me into full rage mode.

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:12 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
This is true I've never heard of schools taking back an offer. I feel like my reach schools now with a worse score on this exam are are still reach schools which is fine. But their are atleast 2-3 schools I'm still waiting on that I think my current score gives me a shot at idk how much bombing would negatively effect my chances.
I guess it's just your call. I already have scholarship offers, so this is basically down to blind luck for me because I'm SURE I didn't score in the range of my PT's. But after 3 months I think I'd have heard something from my 3 remaining schools if my current score was good enough, so if I cancel they'll probably just reject me. I might feel differently in your situation, but my only score is below their 25th percentiles. Might as well let it ride and hope I'm above the medians with the new score. Probably won't be, but I only applied to schools I'd be really happy to attend.

W$RKliveWELL

Bronze

Post by W$RKliveWELL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I understand that. But also some of these schools are sending out acceptances at a slow crawl so 3 months or not you never know. This I can personally attest to. idk I have to make a decision ASAP though.

nn1113

New

Post by nn1113 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 pm

PattyCake wrote:
nn1113 wrote:anyone remember the LR question re orbits? was that experimental?
I think so, I didn't have experimental LR and I don't remember that one.
Hmm okay, I'm not sure if I should cancel my score so any input from others would be great. my order was LR-RC-LR-LG-LR. I found the first LR to be harder than the others - maybe because this was my first time taking it and I let my nerves get to me so I had to guess on 2-3 (one question involved orbits/sun/stars). I'm trying to figure out if that first section was the experimental one. RC was okay but I didn't have time to go back and double check my answers so I may have made some errors. I also didn't have time to complete the last game on the diplomats so I blind guessed on that one, and probably made an error or two on the other games from nervousness/time pressure.

Overall, I don't feel great about my performance and don't feel like I was 100% confident in many of my answers, so I don't think I reached my goal of high 160s. I have no idea what the curve will be like either. Is it better to cancel than to risk having a potentially very low score? What do you all think?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HanShotFirst

New

Post by HanShotFirst » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Which game was the one with the "one rule?"

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

New

Post by ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:21 pm

cloy26 wrote:I'm in my safety w/o money so depending on what my score looks like, I'll be finding a job for a few years and gain some more experience in the industry before I try again. Since this was my second take, I can definitely see where I need improvement.

To top it off, I got cited for an expired tag. As if the atrocity I barely lived trough wasn't bad enough, that green $40 ticket on my windshield surely put me into full rage mode.
Thats sad but I actually lol'd at this

nothing like getting backhanded twice in one day

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:46 pm

So now that our initial freak outs are out of the way(hopefully) did any other sports fans go through that certain passage and think, "this is good material to use against those who consider sports a worthless distraction!" I know I did.

bryanjbay12

Bronze

Post by bryanjbay12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:52 pm

nn1113 wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
nn1113 wrote:anyone remember the LR question re orbits? was that experimental?
I think so, I didn't have experimental LR and I don't remember that one.
Hmm okay, I'm not sure if I should cancel my score so any input from others would be great. my order was LR-RC-LR-LG-LR. I found the first LR to be harder than the others - maybe because this was my first time taking it and I let my nerves get to me so I had to guess on 2-3 (one question involved orbits/sun/stars). I'm trying to figure out if that first section was the experimental one. RC was okay but I didn't have time to go back and double check my answers so I may have made some errors. I also didn't have time to complete the last game on the diplomats so I blind guessed on that one, and probably made an error or two on the other games from nervousness/time pressure.

Overall, I don't feel great about my performance and don't feel like I was 100% confident in many of my answers, so I don't think I reached my goal of high 160s. I have no idea what the curve will be like either. Is it better to cancel than to risk having a potentially very low score? What do you all think?
95% sure the first LR was experimental based on other responses. I really don't remember that question even though I had that test. I wouldn't cancel. Just wait it out and see what you got. You can always retake. I'm sure you did great, you're just freaking out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bryanjbay12

Bronze

Post by bryanjbay12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Nucky wrote:So now that our initial freak outs are out of the way(hopefully) did any other sports fans go through that certain passage and think, "this is good material to use against those who consider sports a worthless distraction!" I know I did.
That section was brutal.

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Advice for retakers: buy epi-pens and stab yourself with them before each PT

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:41 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:Which game was the one with the "one rule?"
First game of the experimental. No clue what the premise of the game was. Probably seven anal retentive ducks who had to line up in height order for a dose of one of 3 laxatives or something.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:41 pm

is the waiting over yet
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:44 pm

xylocarp wrote:is the waiting over yet

Lol right. My experience with waiting before. It SUCKED for about 3 days all I Did was look at tls. Then after that it was kinda like ok... I can't do shit. I'll get on with my life

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Lol love the new avatar.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 pm

thevuch wrote:
xylocarp wrote:is the waiting over yet
Lol right. My experience with waiting before. It SUCKED for about 3 days all I Did was look at tls. Then after that it was kinda like ok... I can't do shit. I'll get on with my life
Okay that sounds good. I can deal with that.
zhenders wrote:Lol love the new avatar.
:mrgreen:

Tlucidum

New

Post by Tlucidum » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 pm

thevuch wrote:Advice for retakers: buy epi-pens and stab yourself with them before each PT
Now *this* is brilliant advice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

logicspeaks

Bronze

Post by logicspeaks » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:24 pm

So, uh, anyone else particularly confident they did well? I see a lot of people freaking out and I really didn't think this test was difficult...

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:41 pm

logicspeaks wrote:So, uh, anyone else particularly confident they did well? I see a lot of people freaking out and I really didn't think this test was difficult...
I felt pretty good about it and didn't think it was too much tougher than most PTs I've taken. We do seem to be the minority though.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:43 pm

logicspeaks wrote:So, uh, anyone else particularly confident they did well? I see a lot of people freaking out and I really didn't think this test was difficult...
I am confident that I did better than Oct, but this is not a high hurdle.

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:47 pm

I felt O.K., although I was definitely rushed and wasn't able to double check any of my LG answers. I normally try to eliminate all answers, but on this test I just had to pick the one indicated by my diagram and move on. My biggest concern is that I misbubbled LG while transferring answers because I didn't do the games in order.

I think that it is really hard to objectively evaluate one's performance on the real LSAT. I am just trusting the prep work that I have done and the fact that LSAC produces tests which are remarkably consistent in difficulty.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”