February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:38 am

TLS2011 wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I'm starting to get really impatient waiting for them to reschedule this retake.....
What's your plan until you hear?
I planned to take a pt every other day but I may just drill until Thursday. Then take a test on Thursday. I'm worried bc I'm running out of tests. I wish I could at least know if it's this weekend or next. Everyone seems pretty convinced that it'll be next weekend bc of the holiday but the 21st seems so close to the release date so idk.....

I heard you guys had a pretty rough test. That sucks. I'm sure you all did fine though. :)

It's getting old waiting for the reschedule, I agree. I have seen where some test centers are making it up this weekend, but the people taking the test have already heard. I think it will be the 21st, just because we haven't heard yet. Hopefully we find out today.
*Fingers crossed*

Where are you testing?

TLS2011

New

Post by TLS2011 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:51 am

Little Rock. Are you in Memphis?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 am

TLS2011 wrote:Little Rock. Are you in Memphis?
Yup. So you haven't heard anything either?

TLS2011

New

Post by TLS2011 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 am

Nicolena. wrote:
Nothing at all. I want to call, but I already know it will be a "you will be notified when it's determined" type of answer. They really need to tell us. I read that we will know Wednesday at the latest.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:27 am

TLS2011 wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Nothing at all. I want to call, but I already know it will be a "you will be notified when it's determined" type of answer. They really need to tell us. I read that we will know Wednesday at the latest.
Yeah. This happened to me in December. It sucked bc I couldn't take the reschedule, but I literally had to harass the testing center and force info out of them to get some answers. Finally after like a week of calling they finally told me that they had only sent one available date to LSAC. I don't understand why they can't just tell us that but say its pending. Obviously if they are planning for a particular day, the least they could do is tell us what they are hoping for.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 am

Since NYU (for example) decided to extend their application deadline due to LSAC weather closings in December, will they potentially do the same for February takers? Extend it even longer? :wink:

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:30 am

Miracle wrote:Since NYU (for example) decided to extend their application deadline due to LSAC weather closings in December, will they potentially do the same for February takers? Extend it even longer? :wink:
Honestly, I don't think so. I am assuming this, but I believe most Feb takers aren't applying this cycle (even though I am). It's more likely that December takers are applying for that cycle, so the rescheduling caused an extension. JMO.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 am

Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:Since NYU (for example) decided to extend their application deadline due to LSAC weather closings in December, will they potentially do the same for February takers? Extend it even longer? :wink:
Honestly, I don't think so. I am assuming this, but I believe most Feb takers aren't applying this cycle (even though I am). It's more likely that December takers are applying for that cycle, so the rescheduling caused an extension. JMO.
Some February takers are December re-takers, so it could still matter. :|

Why can't they extend it so they accept June scores? :shock:

TLS2011

New

Post by TLS2011 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am

Nicolena. wrote:

I am applying this cycle as well. The school I am applying to has a deadline pushed back far enough where it shouldn't have any impact on my application. Since we are taking the test later, are the scores reported to us much later than the other February takers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 am

As each day passes I grow angrier and more depressed with my performance. That is all.

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 am

TLS2011 wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:

I am applying this cycle as well. The school I am applying to has a deadline pushed back far enough where it shouldn't have any impact on my application. Since we are taking the test later, are the scores reported to us much later than the other February takers?
It is hit and miss. I believe that postponed February test scores have been reported on the same day as the earlier scores, but last December the postponed test-takers had to wait an extra few days.

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 am

cloy26 wrote:As each day passes I grow angrier and more depressed with my performance. That is all.
I go through each day thinking this, and then thinking I ain't givin no fucks.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 am

I'm hoping we'll know for Little Rock today, too -- but I am equally certain it will be the 21st; it would be incredibly unethical to announce for this coming saturday with such short notice, and anything later would be.... Well, I don't know. It would be rude.

Here's hoping we all have an announcement today, all of us. I'm in Hot Springs and my head's going to explode if I don't get to leave within the next 2.5 weeks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 am

zhenders wrote:I'm hoping we'll know for Little Rock today, too -- but I am equally certain it will be the 21st; it would be incredibly unethical to announce for this coming saturday with such short notice, and anything later would be.... Well, I don't know. It would be rude.

Here's hoping we all have an announcement today, all of us. I'm in Hot Springs and my head's going to explode if I don't get to leave within the next 2.5 weeks.
Where are you headed?
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 am

In the mean-time, I've completely fallen out of the LSAT. I've decided I'm not studying another anything until LSAC emails us; for now, I'm resting, playing video games, and catching up on my coursera classes.

That is to say, I too am giving no fucks.
xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:I'm hoping we'll know for Little Rock today, too -- but I am equally certain it will be the 21st; it would be incredibly unethical to announce for this coming saturday with such short notice, and anything later would be.... Well, I don't know. It would be rude.

Where are you headed?
I'm not sure yet -- possibly Carbondale IL to spend a couple of months with a friend of mine and work; possibly up to the NE to work and write, or possibly back to Fayetteville for a bit to save and get back in the gym/on a bike. I'm hoping to to a trans-atlantic bike ride form Oregon to Maine this summer, and Fayetteville would be a good spot to get in some training hours.

Most importantly, I need to just leave Hot Springs :-P i'm poison for a place like this, and it's equally so for me.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:17 am

Another day, another wait

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:19 am

cloy26 wrote:As each day passes I grow angrier and more depressed with my performance. That is all.
I'm sure you did fine Chris. Try to stay positive. It's out of your hands now....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am

zhenders wrote:In the mean-time, I've completely fallen out of the LSAT. I've decided I'm not studying another anything until LSAC emails us; for now, I'm resting, playing video games, and catching up on my coursera classes.

xylocarp wrote:

Where are you headed?
I'm not sure yet -- possibly Carbondale IL to spend a couple of months with a friend of mine and work; possibly up to the NE to work and write, or possibly back to Fayetteville for a bit to save and get back in the gym/on a bike. I'm hoping to to a trans-atlantic bike ride form Oregon to Maine this summer, and Fayetteville would be a good spot to get in some training hours.

Most importantly, I need to just leave Hot Springs :-P i'm poison for a place like this, and it's equally so for me.
Sounds like an adventure!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:57 am

Does anyone know this so I don't have to create a new thread?

If we ED to a school, does the ED decision have an impact on potential "need based aid."

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Miracle wrote:Does anyone know this so I don't have to create a new thread?

If we ED to a school, does the ED decision have an impact on potential "need based aid."
If you ED, it will affect your merit aid more so than need bases. Though a school could operate off of the assumption that if you want it bad enough you will go. It removes the incentive for aid to be given

politics89

Bronze

Post by politics89 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 pm

random number wrote:
TLS2011 wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:

It is hit and miss. I believe that postponed February test scores have been reported on the same day as the earlier scores, but last December the postponed test-takers had to wait an extra few days.
Not a waiter but I noticed this and just wanted to say I got snowed out last Feb when I took it. I went to the make up date a week later but still got my score the same day as everyone else.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TLS2011

New

Post by TLS2011 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

zhenders wrote:In the mean-time, I've completely fallen out of the LSAT. I've decided I'm not studying another anything until LSAC emails us; for now, I'm resting, playing video games, and catching up on my coursera classes.

This. I have no motivation to study until I know when the date is. I'm not a fan of how this has played out.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 pm

TLS2011 wrote:

This. I have no motivation to study until I know when the date is. I'm not a fan of how this has played out.
I was SO damned ready. It's definitely frustrating; I feel like I planned the whole course of my studies so meticulously; it just goes to show that even the LSAT is grounded in the ever-obnoxious real world.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 pm

What did I used to do before LSAT? I need to get more hobbies. Suggestions? :mrgreen:

alecks

Bronze

Post by alecks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Miracle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Some February takers are December re-takers, so it could still matter. :|

Why can't they extend it so they accept June scores? :shock:
only in my dreams, haha!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”