February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

js123

New

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by js123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Anybody optimistic for Friday the 28th? Wishful thinking, but it would be pretty sweet! :D

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:49 pm

js123 wrote:Anybody optimistic for Friday the 28th? Wishful thinking, but it would be pretty sweet! :D
I wish, but given the make-up tests and simultaneous release date I would be very surprised by anything before the 5th (not that this will stop me from checking every day beginning this Friday). :)

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:16 pm

random number wrote:
js123 wrote:Anybody optimistic for Friday the 28th? Wishful thinking, but it would be pretty sweet! :D
I wish, but given the make-up tests and simultaneous release date I would be very surprised by anything before the 5th (not that this will stop me from checking every day beginning this Friday). :)
Agreed.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:17 pm

random number wrote:
If scores come out on the fifth we will be the least successful score release date predictors ever. Zero people voted for the scheduled date haha
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Is anyone else starting to feel a little manic when responding to the invariable: "So, how'd ya do?"

I must've been asked that question twenty times today, and my responses ran the gamut. By the end of it I wanted to leap across the room, chew their nose off, swallow, shrug and say calmly, "About like that, I guess."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alecks

Bronze

Post by alecks » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 pm

zhenders wrote:
WaltGrace83 wrote:For everyone wanting to burn their LSAT books (strategy guides, I mean), please don't. Give them to future test-takers and perhaps give them away on TLS?
Seriously this is what's up. Spread the love; I'm sure anyone who wants the materials would be delighted to pay shipping. Burn your used PT's -- give away the goods.
definitely going to do this. I should give away all my books. I literally have all of the major (good) ones.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:12 pm

My books have been written (and doodled) in to the point that there aren't any margins. Yeah, no foresight into giving them away afterward -- AND wanting to conserve paper by not writing in notebooks :-)

I got a good chuckle in the shower today when I thought, for the first time, that maybe I scored well above my PT average and into the mid-170s. After all, I did only not answer two (or was it three?) questions!

UNTEagles

New

Post by UNTEagles » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:15 am

"I got a good chuckle in the shower today when I thought, for the first time, that maybe I scored well above my PT average and into the mid-170s. After all, I did only not answer two (or was it three?) questions!"

I've been getting that feeling a lot over these past three weeks..... but just as often I have been feeling like I got below my PT avg.... I feel like, since I guessed on three questions, it all depends on how many of those were answer choice B. We shall see....

Honestly, I CANNOT WAIT until this time next week so I can stop obsessing over this lol. At least I hope it is this time next week...

ALSO, I took a Kaplain course and did at least 15 PTs, and for some reason I figured that the June 2007 PT was the curve for every test until people on this thread started talking about -10 curves ect the day after the exam, thus, the entire test I was thinking "I HAVE to miss 8 question or less to get my 170 target", and I came out of it thinking maaaaybe but probably not..... So I figure that, since I had already resigned to getting below my target only to find that maybe I didn't, it's all good no matter what.

More likely, though, I am kind of going crazy waiting for this and I need the score asap lol...

msdiiva

New

Post by msdiiva » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:56 am

I have all the optimism in the world for a Friday score date. How likely is that....probably not so likely...

For those of you who already applied and are just waiting to hear back on a score, how do you plan to update the schools you applied to? Just a short email or a LOCI or what? Have you already asked them to hold off on a decision or no?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

New

Post by ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 am

msdiiva wrote:I have all the optimism in the world for a Friday score date. How likely is that....probably not so likely...

For those of you who already applied and are just waiting to hear back on a score, how do you plan to update the schools you applied to? Just a short email or a LOCI or what? Have you already asked them to hold off on a decision or no?
I just wrote an addendum on all my apps asking they wait. Some schools don't consider it though and I'm pretty sure the addendum was redundant because they can see that you have registered for the Feb LSAT so they may hold your app regardless.

Not completely sure on this though.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:25 am

I just wrote an addendum on all my apps asking they wait. Some schools don't consider it though and I'm pretty sure the addendum was redundant because they can see that you have registered for the Feb LSAT so they may hold your app regardless.

I've been looking at regional schools in the SW (U of A, UNLV, UNM, UD, CU) and all of them told me the application deadline posted on their website was tentative. In fact, U of A told me they accepted June LSAT scores.

I imagine that T14 or top schools in dense legal markets could have a different policy.

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 am

RobertGolddust wrote:

I've been looking at regional schools in the SW (U of A, UNLV, UNM, UD, CU) and all of them told me the application deadline posted on their website was tentative. In fact, U of A told me they accepted June LSAT scores.

I imagine that T14 or top schools in dense legal markets could have a different policy.

….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HanShotFirst

New

Post by HanShotFirst » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Does anyone know how score release dates have been in the past when there were cancelled/rescheduled test administrations? Are we looking at a slim chance of getting our scores before the 5th?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:06 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:Does anyone know how score release dates have been in the past when there were cancelled/rescheduled test administrations? Are we looking at a slim chance of getting our scores before the 5th?
To the best of my knowledge, the only time scores have actually come out on the scheduled score release date was last February, and make-ups came out on the same day. In December, scores came out a few days early but make-up scores came out a few days after that. For both of these, make-up tests were one week after the scheduled LSAT, whereas this year they were two weeks after.

I don't know about earlier tests, but I'm sure there have been weather cancellations before for December/February tests, and again February 2013 was the only time they came out on the scheduled date. At this point I'd bet on the 5th or, if earlier, make-up scores coming out later.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:39 pm

james.bungles wrote:Arizona, Arkansas ain't in the southwest.

also, SIX DAYS REMAIN (I'd give 28th release date about a 1% chance)
….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 pm

i know this is a noob question i just want affirmation but the LSAC will send the feb scores automatically to the schools our apps are already submitted to correct? we dont have to do anything right?

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:44 pm

thevuch wrote:i know this is a noob question i just want affirmation but the LSAC will send the feb scores automatically to the schools our apps are already submitted to correct? we dont have to do anything right?
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
thevuch wrote:i know this is a noob question i just want affirmation but the LSAC will send the feb scores automatically to the schools our apps are already submitted to correct? we dont have to do anything right?
Thats is correct
yay

hazara

New

Post by hazara » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm

I am so nervous i start twitching every time i think of the grades being a few days away. I wish there was a place we could all meet up, hold hands and check our marks together lol and the comfort those who fkd up

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 pm

hazara wrote:I am so nervous i start twitching every time i think of the grades being a few days away. I wish there was a place we could all meet up, hold hands and check our marks together lol and the comfort those who fkd up
We call it the Waiters Thread =)

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:37 pm

So, two things:

1) Are we positive that the scores will be released simultaneously? Where did we see this?

2) I'm ALL ABOUT the March 1st club. Scores HAVE come out on Saturdays before. I'm pulling for March 1st.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:So, two things:

1) Are we positive that the scores will be released simultaneously? Where did we see this?

2) I'm ALL ABOUT the March 1st club. Scores HAVE come out on Saturdays before. I'm pulling for March 1st.
One (two? I think just one) person posted about 1. I think they called LSAC...? Don't remember. I wouldn't take it as gospel personally but idk.

ETA: I thought it was some rando but I checked and it was Nicolena, and she said that it came from LSAC. That was on February 13 though so maybe things have changed.

logicspeaks

Bronze

Post by logicspeaks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:05 pm

One reason to be optimistic about early scores is that there were far fewer makeup tests this time than there were in December. So there's that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”