February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

Nucky

Silver

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by Nucky » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:47 pm

This was my third attempt. I predict something in the 160s. Not sure where. Probably 163-166 if I'm being realistic... So it's either run with it or sit out two years.

Don't think I can sit two years with my fingers crossed so this is it for me. Fingers will certainly be crossed for the next month or so though.

I bet we all did better than we think. Test was definitely seemed a bit off pace though.

dust_shaker

New

Post by dust_shaker » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 pm

I can't remember what exact questions were asked, but I remember my LR sections had 26,25, and 26 questions.

Anyone know which section was experimental?

Sorry if I'm breaking rules...

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 pm

LR-RC-LR-LG-LR FWIW
I'm pretty sure three was experimental. Could be wrong though.

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
alecks wrote:Ughhhhhh the circle game. I want to cry forever, I only have one administration left before I can't take the LSAT anymore. I had to guess on more than a few questions... But I can't remember now. I'm almost positive I got like a 155.

I'm crushed. 6 months of work. For a crap score.
Seriously. If you'd asked me after section 4 I'd have guessed I was getting a 165+. I think I might have actually gotten more wrong than right for LG, and I was PREPARED for LG this time. I'm furious, because I suspect I will be below 160 again, after multiple PT's at or above 170. So much work, and I can't take it again.
So what now...are you going to apply?
I've already gotten into a bunch of schools, some with $. Not my first choice though, haven't heard from them yet. Now I'm pretty sure it'll be a rejection, and if by some miracle they accept me I still won't be able to go because I DEF won't get $. I can't go anywhere without a huge scholarship.

Epitome

New

Post by Epitome » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Nucky wrote:This was my third attempt. I predict something in the 160s. Not sure where. Probably 163-166 if I'm being realistic... So it's either run with it or sit out two years.

Don't think I can sit two years with my fingers crossed so this is it for me. Fingers will certainly be crossed for the next month or so though.

I bet we all did better than we think. Test was definitely seemed a bit off pace though.
I really hope so.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Epitome wrote:One of top regional schools I'd be happy to attend extended their dead line so that they will accept June scores for this year. So there is always that. Sigh.
They might as well extend it further….the way things are going (this LSAT stuff), they won't be able to fill there class with 160+ that easily.

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Epitome wrote:
Nucky wrote:This was my third attempt. I predict something in the 160s. Not sure where. Probably 163-166 if I'm being realistic... So it's either run with it or sit out two years.

I really hope so.
+1

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:51 pm

A lot of regionals, and major state unis("University of _________") Have decided to accept june scores. There just arent enough applicants in general. Some schools apps have dropped by 50%!

bryanjbay12

Bronze

Post by bryanjbay12 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:52 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:
LR-RC-LR-LG-LR FWIW
Fairly sure LR1 was the experimental

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Epitome wrote:

I really hope so.
Though this may not apply to LSAT, I was taking an upper level economics final. I was THE LAST person in the room. For like 15 mins alone and the prof was just staring at me. I thought that I had failed or got a C-D. I thought I royally screwed up the test.

I got a 98, highest grade out of like 50 students. So sometimes assuming you did bad may not be bad.

I dont know....I am just trying to comfort myself. lmao

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:54 pm

BankruptMe wrote:A lot of regionals, and major state unis("University of _________") Have decided to accept june scores. There just arent enough applicants in general. Some schools apps have dropped by 50%!
Well, T14 needs to extend theirs as well.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

bryanjbay12 wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:
LR-RC-LR-LG-LR FWIW
TITCR
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:58 pm

I don't know about you guys but I often found that in my PTs, the one's I thought I killed I did poorly one(by my standards) and vice versa.

So maybe our uneasy feelings are a good thing. My best PTs were after tests I didn't feel great about... Of course, it was nice to be able to grade them right away.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:59 pm

xylocarp wrote:
bryanjbay12 wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:
LR-RC-LR-LG-LR FWIW
TITCR
How can you tell? I don't think anyone knows for sure. This was my third and I knew it had to be one of the first two due to the 25Q/25Q split but they were both easy.

Trey is Wilson

New

Post by Trey is Wilson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:01 pm

I didn't find the circle game to be that hard. I thought the test was reasonable.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Nucky wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
bryanjbay12 wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:
TITCR
How can you tell? I don't think anyone knows for sure. This was my third and I knew it had to be one of the first two due to the 25Q/25Q split but they were both easy.
Because people who didn't have LR experimental remember questions from sections 3 and 5 but not 1.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Epitome

New

Post by Epitome » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Miracle wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:A lot of regionals, and major state unis("University of _________") Have decided to accept june scores. There just arent enough applicants in general. Some schools apps have dropped by 50%!
Well, T14 needs to extend theirs as well.
ITA

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dekal2009

New

Post by Dekal2009 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Glad to hear that everyone test was (generally) okay. They cancelled mines in TN due to inclement weather...I guess I get to use my december score from 2012 :-(

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Nucky wrote:I don't know about you guys but I often found that in my PTs, the one's I thought I killed I did poorly one(by my standards) and vice versa.

So maybe our uneasy feelings are a good thing. My best PTs were after tests I didn't feel great about... Of course, it was nice to be able to grade them right away.
I agree, but not when a LG section screws with you. The best part about LG is that you know how you're doing WHILE you're doing it. No one is ever like, "I'm not sure how I did on LG" because if you diagram it correctly you know you're on track as soon as you see the questions. If you're not you can tell, at least in my experience. Which by now literally includes every single published lsat. Fml.

bryanjbay12

Bronze

Post by bryanjbay12 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Fairly sure LR1 was the experimental[/quote]
TITCR[/quote]

How can you tell? I don't think anyone knows for sure. This was my third and I knew it had to be one of the first two due to the 25Q/25Q split but they were both easy.[/quote]
Because people who didn't have LR experimental remember questions from sections 3 and 5 but not 1.[/quote]

The first LR was 26Qs by the way. The second was 25Qs and the third was 26

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Dekal2009 wrote:Glad to hear that everyone test was (generally) okay. They cancelled mines in TN due to inclement weather...I guess I get to use my december score from 2012 :-(
You'll have a retake option in 2 weeks, or a "free" June test.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Trey is Wilson wrote:I didn't find the circle game to be that hard. I thought the test was reasonable.
It was more like "woah, hold up. ...OKAY, I got this." (Then I ran out of time.)

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:20 pm

PattyCake wrote:
Nucky wrote:I don't know about you guys but I often found that in my PTs, the one's I thought I killed I did poorly one(by my standards) and vice versa.

I agree, but not when a LG section screws with you. The best part about LG is that you know how you're doing WHILE you're doing it. No one is ever like, "I'm not sure how I did on LG" because if you diagram it correctly you know you're on track as soon as you see the questions. If you're not you can tell, at least in my experience. Which by now literally includes every single published lsat. Fml.
I randomly guessed on one question, ran out of time and missed two more, then probably made a few stupid mistakes. Expecting it to be -7 or -8 which is a few more wrong than usual (usually not running out of time, sigh).

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

I randomly guessed on one question, ran out of time and missed two more, then probably made a few stupid mistakes. Expecting it to be -7 or -8 which is a few more wrong than usual (usually not running out of time, sigh).
I think I did ok on (?) city workers (honestly don't remember the premise but it was the first game in the section). Maybe not. Department store employees I barely got through, guessed last 2 after narrowing down to 2 choices because I was behind and then never got back to them so maybe 2 or 3 wrong IF I got the other ones right. Art installations. Basically f*ck you, art installations. Circle game no problem. I'm guessing -10 to -12, so bye bye 160+ for me.

Trey is Wilson

New

Post by Trey is Wilson » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Trey is Wilson wrote:I didn't find the circle game to be that hard. I thought the test was reasonable.
It was more like "woah, hold up. ...OKAY, I got this." (Then I ran out of time.)
ya just had to take a second to figure out how to translate my diagram to a linear answer, if that makes sense.

I fortunately was able to get to all the problems in that section.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”