February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

Ss2014

New

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by Ss2014 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Guys on logic games I had one about ranking offices. It was my section 3. Please say this was the experimental?????

chem!

Platinum

Post by chem! » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Just wanted to wish you all happy waiting and remind you to choose your words wisely. OP - feel free to put this into the first post as well.
TLS Moderators wrote:This is a warning. This is likely your only warning; you are unlikely to receive any further warnings.

Please be advised that discussion or solicitation (including, but not limited to, PMs and online chatrooms) of any questions or answers from the February 2014 LSAT with anything more than an extremely broad level of specificity will result in a temporary or permanent ban. This may include a permanent ban on your IPs if necessary, which will block you from even viewing the TLS forums. Permanent IP address bans for LSAT discussion have been issued in the past.

Examples have been included for your reference below. This is not an exhaustive list. It is not a defense to say that your overly-specific discussion of an LSAT question did not exactly mirror one of the examples - you will still be banned. Linking to other online materials/discussion of the LSAT questions is also prohibited.

Please note that you agreed not to discuss specific LSAT questions and answers when you completed your signing statement when taking the test. The LSAC considers it a violation to discuss specific questions and answers; the LSAC will act accordingly upon discovering discussion of specific questions and answers. Be advised that the LSAC and its agents monitor this board.
Analytical Reasoning Example wrote:1. Games were hard. Okay.
2. Yeah, on the second question for the second game, I wasn't sure if C was just on Tuesdays or Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Ban.
3. No, the order is ACDBBE. Ban.
4. What about Question Four? If C can't go on Tuesdays, then it has to be Wednesday right? Ban.
5. You guys are stupid. The answer to Question Four and Five is D. Ban.
6. No, the answers are CDAABE. Ban.
7. C'mon guys. How can you not know all of the answers? Ban.
Logical Reasoning Example wrote:1. I thought the LR sections weren't too difficult. Okay.
2. What answers did you all get for the coffee growers question? Ban.
3. I got A. Ban.
4. That's weird, I thought it was either B or D. Ban.
5. But it was a parallel reasoning problem. Ban.
6. Damn it, I knew I should have picked B. Ban.
7. Hold on guys, I think the mods might get upset if we keep this up. Never a good sign.
8. Let's trick them by disguising what we're saying. So, hypothetically, if I were a coffee grower..... Ban.
9. You would be displeased with government regulation of pesticides. Ban.
10. But not price controls. Ban.
11. Is that because, hypothetically, price controls would raise prices and revenue? Ban.
12. It's just a cost problem in general. If you were a coffee grower, the legal pesticides would, hypothetically, cost more. Ban.
13. Whoa, it's just like Question 13 from the second LR section in PT 39. Ban.
14. Guys, maybe we should create a chatroom to discuss this. I started one: tinychat.com/letscheatontheLSAT Ban.
15. If you guys could PM me about this, that'd be great. Ban.

Please note that this warning applies to the Reading Comprehension section as well as the writing sample.

If you are in doubt as to whether your drafted post will run afoul of this warning, do not submit the post. You have been warned.

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Rc was easy imo. LG got me

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ballsoharduniversity

New

Post by ballsoharduniversity » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:34 pm

PattyCake wrote:
Geometricconfusion wrote:Hey y'all.

I had 2 lg... First one was hard, second one was decent. Second 1 had the circle delegates which I found easy, found the city worker one harder. Reading comp was brutallllllllll
Yeah circle was easy if the circle itself didn't mess you up. The others are my brain for breakfast.
Had I had maybe 5-10 more minutes I could probably have finished the circle game. Now I just feel like I fucked up on the entire test

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ss2014

New

Post by Ss2014 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Guys on logic games I had one about ranking offices. It was my section 3. Please say this was the experimental?????

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Did anyone take the writing portion seriously? I swear I saw people who wrote a paragraph and put their head down.

W$RKliveWELL

Bronze

Post by W$RKliveWELL » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 pm

ballsoharduniversity wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

I had 2 lg... First one was hard, second one was decent. Second 1 had the circle delegates which I found easy, found the city worker one harder. Reading comp was brutallllllllll
Yeah circle was easy if the circle itself didn't mess you up. The others are my brain for breakfast.
Had I had maybe 5-10 more minutes I could probably have finished the circle game. Now I just feel like I fucked up on the entire test
Felt the same way. Sh*t happens and I'm never taking this test again so I'm happy.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Sorry all, I was *that guy* who needed extra time to fill in my name, etc. at the beginning of the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Sorry all, I was *that guy* who needed extra time to fill in my name, etc. at the beginning of the exam.
Lol I was that guy who ran to the bathroom after coming in late and held up the exam from starting

kingpin101

Bronze

Post by kingpin101 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:44 pm

PattyCake wrote:

Yeah circle was easy if the circle itself didn't mess you up. The others ate my brain for breakfast.
It wasn't that circles was particularly hard, but more of "wtf they haven't had that in years, why me..." sort of feeling.

sanibella

Bronze

Post removed

Post by sanibella » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:46 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Did anyone take the writing portion seriously? I swear I saw people who wrote a paragraph and put their head down.
I wrote two or three. I saw some people using all of the front AND all of the back. I used maybe three lines on the back and my handwriting is large.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:46 pm

sanibella wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Did anyone take the writing portion seriously? I swear I saw people who wrote a paragraph and put their head down.
Yes. I know it doesn't count but it is in my blood to take everything seriously. To my own detriment sometimes.
I read something that said there is one Yale faculty member who reads the writing sample. I think he's the only one in all of LS admissions though...
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:47 pm

sanibella wrote:
Yes. I know it doesn't count but it is in my blood to take everything seriously. To my own detriment sometimes.
Lol I made an outline and wrote quite nice.

I hope they actually read it.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:47 pm

kingpin101 wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

Yeah circle was easy if the circle itself didn't mess you up. The others ate my brain for breakfast.
It wasn't that circles was particularly hard, but more of "wtf they haven't had that in years, why me..." sort of feeling.
Yeah, I struggled with that kind of game a few weeks ago but watched 7sage and he pointed out that they are EXTREMELY RARE. Never did another one again. Luckily I watched his whole presentation and it stuck with me that they're not much different than basic ordering. Still, yeah, dat WTF feel.

sanibella

Bronze

Post by sanibella » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Did anyone keep track of how many questions there were, in total?

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:58 pm

I saw people doing LG WITHOUT DRAWING A THING.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Everyone please check the original post and read carefully; mod rules are in place, and are much more general than many people obviously realize; edit your posts accordingly.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:59 pm

BankruptMe wrote:I saw people doing LG WITHOUT DRAWING A THING.

They must be amazing!!!!!!

#140ftw

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Some guy kept tapping his foot on the ground and it fucked me up. I told him to stop in the middle of the test.

Jyocka

New

Post by Jyocka » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Just to be absolutely sure, can anyone confirm the section with vampires as the first Q was experimental?

PattyCake

Bronze

Post by PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Jyocka wrote:Just to be absolutely sure, can anyone confirm the section with vampires as the first Q was experimental?
Yeah that was experimental.

alpwilliams

New

Post by alpwilliams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Did anyone keep track of how many questions there were, in total?
Last edited by alpwilliams on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”