February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 pm

Mauve.Dino wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Mauve.Dino wrote:I am living proof that test day anxiety can destroy your performance. Whereas I was consistently PTing in the upper 160's/lower 170's, I received a 159 on this exam. A freaking 159. I knew it was going to be bad, so I'm not exactly shocked. I choked on the very first question (RC), and it was downhill from there. That being said, I'm using this as motivation for my retake in September. I am going to drill RC until I can recite passages from memory. I'm going to do a section of LG every morning. I'm going to wallow in LR until I dream of a land of Parallel Flaw and Could Be True questions.

For now, though, I'm going to drown my sorrows in coffee and Snickers bars--LOL
Why are you waiting until September? Why not re-take it in June?

I mentioned it somewhere (not sure if on this thread), but the June exam is out for me. Already have a non-refundable vacation scheduled.

It's okay, I'll need the extra time to rebuild my confidence! :oops:
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:54 pm

I feel weird not waiting anymore. :?
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:28 pm

xylocarp wrote:I feel weird not waiting anymore. :?
feels good man

MidwestLifer

Bronze

Post by MidwestLifer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 am

Think about all the things you get to wait for now! News from schools this cycle or, even further out, next cycle (I'm not sure which applies to you)!

I've been daydreaming about next cycle for the past two days. :)

js123

New

Post by js123 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 am

MidwestLifer wrote:Think about all the things you get to wait for now! News from schools this cycle or, even further out, next cycle (I'm not sure which applies to you)!

I can only imagine how bad waiting for app response is after this LSAT wait lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rdelaney

Bronze

Post by rdelaney » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:08 am

js123 wrote:
MidwestLifer wrote:Think about all the things you get to wait for now! News from schools this cycle or, even further out, next cycle (I'm not sure which applies to you)!

I can only imagine how bad waiting for app response is after this LSAT wait lol.
It's just as agonizing. Except now I have a status checker to check compulsively. At least we knew when we would get out scores (give or take a few days).

coldsteady

New

Post by coldsteady » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 am

Mauve.Dino wrote:I am living proof that test day anxiety can destroy your performance. Whereas I was consistently PTing in the upper 160's/lower 170's, I received a 159 on this exam. A freaking 159. I knew it was going to be bad, so I'm not exactly shocked. I choked on the very first question (RC), and it was downhill from there. That being said, I'm using this as motivation for my retake in September. I am going to drill RC until I can recite passages from memory. I'm going to do a section of LG every morning. I'm going to wallow in LR until I dream of a land of Parallel Flaw and Could Be True questions.

Sorry to hear you scored well below your PT average. If it is any comfort, this happened to me in December. My PT average over my last two weeks of prep was around 173, and I scored in the low 160's. I didn't know how that could have happened! My lowest PT had been 169. I was kinda' depressed about it for a couple days, but I used it to keep me focused for the February exam. The second time around, my PT average was 175 and climbing. I walked into the exam confident and ended up scoring a 171, still a few points short of my goal but good enough to make me competitive for the schools I'd like to attend. So, climbing 8-10 points over a short time period is totally possible. For what it's worth, I drilled LR like crazy and did one LG section almost every morning at 8:00 so I was accustomed to assigning colors to stained glass windows at that time of day. If I hadn't neglected RC almost entirely, I think I would have hit 174+. Take-home point: You've got this! Good luck!

dcoppo01

New

Post by dcoppo01 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Does anyone else not have access to their answer sheet, conversion table, and disclosure book? My item response report is blank, too. I checked the score the day it came out (a Sunday) and thought everything else was slightly delayed because of an impending snow storm... it's been two weeks now.

Edit: After reading back in the thread a bit it seems that others have the same issue. Forgive me for not knowing-- I have avoided this thread like the plague since test day. I didn't even read the score email right away because I didn't want to potentially ruin my day.

jphiggo

Bronze

Post by jphiggo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 pm

dcoppo01 wrote:Does anyone else not have access to their answer sheet, conversion table, and disclosure book? My item response report is blank, too. I checked the score the day it came out (a Sunday) and thought everything else was slightly delayed because of an impending snow storm... it's been two weeks now.

Edit: After reading back in the thread a bit it seems that others have the same issue. Forgive me for not knowing-- I have avoided this thread like the plague since test day. I didn't even read the score email right away because I didn't want to potentially ruin my day.
It was a non-disclosed test. What you see is all that you will ever get.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dcoppo01

New

Post by dcoppo01 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 pm

jphiggo wrote:
dcoppo01 wrote:Does anyone else not have access to their answer sheet, conversion table, and disclosure book? My item response report is blank, too. I checked the score the day it came out (a Sunday) and thought everything else was slightly delayed because of an impending snow storm... it's been two weeks now.

It was a non-disclosed test. What you see is all that you will ever get.
Thank you. That's disappointing.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm

louierodriguez wrote:.
k

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:44 pm

james.bungles wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:.
k
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 pm

That's why you scored a 159, drown your sorrows the right way. Snickers bar. Coffee. I'm at a loss for words.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”