February 2014 Waiters Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

mirroroferised7

Silver

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Post by mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

xylocarp wrote:
90convoy wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:Now on two IMPORTANT waitlists. MUST GET SCORE.

It's kind of killing me.
You will get through it! No worries
Yeah, you'll be good! If you're WL at Penn and CLS I'm sure you've got other awesome offers to fall back on regardless.
It's true, but I'm kind of worried about my score being BETTER than the last one.

I just looked back at my October answer key. I thought for some reason I had run out of time on games and went -2 where I would normally be -0. But I was actually -0 and worst section was my last LR (-5, OUCH!). And I feel like I have a similar set up this time...
LG-0
LR-3
RC-3
LR-5
With possibly a slightly better RC, and MAYBE a more generous curve, I might be okay... Ugh, I just need to go out and do things that don't involve screens.

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:10 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
90convoy wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:Now on two IMPORTANT waitlists. MUST GET SCORE.

It's kind of killing me.
I just need to go out and do things that don't involve screens.

drugs

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:01 pm

thevuch wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
90convoy wrote:
It's kind of killing me.
I just need to go out and do things that don't involve screens.

drugs[/quote]

SOON.

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 pm

I had to wait two weeks, but my makeup is tomorrow morning at 0900.

Current plan: Zigzag (A) to (E).

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:04 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:I had to wait two weeks, but my makeup is tomorrow morning at 0900.

Current plan: Zigzag (A) to (E).
Way to publicly declare the previously secret foolproof 180 strategy
Now everyone knows
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:14 pm

My alternative strategy was trying to draw a lewd picture of a monkey and a coconut in the answer sheet. My magic 8-ball told me that wasn't the right first step on the road to HYS, though, so changed it up.

I figure this'll justify listing 'Mental Flexibility' on my resume.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:My alternative strategy was trying to draw a lewd picture of a monkey and a coconut in the answer sheet. My magic 8-ball told me that wasn't the right first step on the road to HYS, though, so changed it up.

I figure this'll justify listing 'Mental Flexibility' on my resume.
Remember, this is law school you are trying to get into. The key is lewd, yet tasteful. These details can make a big diffrence in the quality of one's application.

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 pm

It would have been tasteful as hell; the monkey was going to be drinking a martini.

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:34 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:It would have been tasteful as hell; the monkey was going to be drinking a martini.
You'll do juuuuuuussstt fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

generalmead

New

Post by generalmead » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:38 pm

This time two weeks ago....Pretty sure I was writing one of the shittiest essays in my life lol.

Do all the make-ups finish this afternoon?

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 pm

generalmead wrote:This time two weeks ago....Pretty sure I was writing one of the shittiest essays in my life lol.

Do all the make-ups finish this afternoon?

I believe so bro

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Just finished. I had two RCs. It was dreadful. Games was easy and LR was fine. Whoever else took the test today. Please let me know.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Nicolena. wrote:Just finished. I had two RCs. It was dreadful. Games was easy and LR was fine. Whoever else took the test today. Please let me know.
I believe that NoLieAbility was taking today as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Yeah.

I was LG-LR-RC-RC-LR. My valid RC involved corn. My make-believe RC involved World of Warcraft currency. (You can imagine which one I was hoping was legit, if only for novelty's sake.) I really, really, really loathe starting a test off with LG, since it's the only section where I invariably go down to the wire, and it leaves me with a slightly rushed sensation for every section after the fact. C'est la vie.

Oh, and while there were no monkeys, coconuts or martinis involved, I took the opportunity to write the LSAC a love letter in my scratch paper. The words "sadist," "villainous," and "sorry" were all involved.

[Edited for post-LSAT grammar adjustment.]

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Um, maybe this is me..

but i swear my lsat score said march 6.....now it says march 5.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:47 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:Yeah.

I was LG-LR-RC-RC-LR. My valid RC involved corn. My make-believe RC involved World of Warcraft currency. (You can imagine which one I was hoping was legit, if only for novelty's sake.) I really, really, really loathe starting a test off with LG, since it's the only section where I invariably go down to the wire, and it leaves me with a slightly rushed sensation for every section after the fact. C'est la vie.

Oh, and while there were no monkeys, coconuts or martinis involved, I took the opportunity to write the LSAC a love letter in my scratch paper. The words "sadist," "villainous," and "sorry" were all involved.

Mine was LR-LG-RC-LR-RC.

I'm assuming the 1st RC was experimental. I don't remember corn.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah, so I definitely met you today, NoLieAbility. Monkey-and-coconut repeat.

LG-LR-LG-RC-LR

The real LG felt a bit unorthodox, but it wasn't super tough; the exp. LG was a titch harder but more standard.

LR1 was crazy easy -- 1 star. 10 minutes to spare.
RC was tough, I felt.
LR2 was tough too: 3 or 4 star. It had 1 or 2 very difficult questions.

Overall I feel good -- but unfortunately I don't think this will be a heavily curved test (I'm thinking -11, MAYBE -12. I'd be way happy with -12.). I missed anywhere from 1 to 7 total, so I'm happy. Unless I'm way off prediction-wise, I'm between a 173 and 179 -- probably right at 175.

Glad it's friggin over with.

Edit:

The RC felt up-to-date, but the other 3 sections felt totally circa 2000. There were LR about the current positive trend in PC purchases, LG was old-style single-page, and LR wording was way more similar to the 40's than the 50's or 60's. fwiw.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HanShotFirst

New

Post by HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:26 pm

NoLieAbility wrote:Yeah.

IIRC one of the more recent preptests has a RC section about WoW/Runescape currencies and how they should be taxed. It was actually an interesting read.

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm

zhenders wrote:Yeah, so I definitely met you today, NoLieAbility. Monkey-and-coconut repeat.
Small world, considering the LSAT scores and general law school statistics coming out of the state.

I maintain that a drawing of a monkey copulating with a coconut would have been a more productive use of my time than writing that essay. Probably would've given me the same boost in the admissions process, too.

I felt pretty good about all of the sections. The RC was a bit stiff, but otherwise I felt like it was easier than most of the practices done over the last couple of months. I ended up having a Eureka! during the LG section which caused me to do some last-minute fixes, so I figure there's a -1 or -2 right there.

Oh, I'll go ahead and be the jackass who calls it at -9, though. Consider it my blinding pessimism following the December and (what I suspect will be) February-Main curves.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 pm

zhenders wrote:Yeah, so I definitely met you today, NoLieAbility. Monkey-and-coconut repeat.

LG-LR-LG-RC-LR

The real LG felt a bit unorthodox, but it wasn't super tough; the exp. LG was a titch harder but more standard.

RC was tough, I felt.

Overall I feel good -- but unfortunately I don't think this will be a heavily curved test (I'm thinking -11, MAYBE -12. I'd be way happy with -12.). I missed anywhere from 1 to 7 total, so I'm happy. Unless I'm way off prediction-wise, I'm between a 173 and 179 -- probably right at 175.

Edit:

The RC felt up-to-date, but the other 3 sections felt totally circa 2000. There were LR about the current positive trend in PC purchases, LG was old-style single-page, and LR wording was way more similar to the 40's than the 50's or 60's. fwiw.
Welcome back and congrats to everyone who made up the test today! It's finally over!!

Z, did you really have one page LGs?? That seems kind of unfair seeing as most people must have been prepared for the extra page. Even if the actual lack of space wouldn't be a problem, personally I feel like that would throw me off at least enough to lose a few seconds (and for people like me who struggle with LG timing, those few seconds can mean getting another question right). Glad that it didn't seem to mess anybody in this thread up though.
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Yeah, legit one-sheeters. I was crawling the margins at one point.

The games themselves were fairly straight-forward, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:00 pm

xylocarp wrote:

LG-LR-LG-RC-LR

RC was tough, I felt.

Edit:

Welcome back and congrats to everyone who made up the test today! It's finally over!!

Z, did you really have one page LGs?? That seems kind of unfair seeing as most people must have been prepared for the extra page. Even if the actual lack of space wouldn't be a problem, personally I feel like that would throw me off at least enough to lose a few seconds (and for people like me who struggle with LG timing, those few seconds can mean getting another question right). Glad that it didn't seem to mess anybody in this thread up though.

It definitely threw me off, friend. On the other hand, the LG really were on the easier end of the spectrum, so in truth after section 3 i felt such relief that any amount of anger i might have felt over the space issue just disappeared. You and I are consistently in the same boat with LG -- and we both went into our respective tests I think more-or-less scared of a monster LG section than just about anything. TBH, I had the lingering hope that the rescheduled test would feel more like a 40s or 50s test, and that's exactly what it turned out to feel like. Not to say that it was an easy test -- we all know there's no such thing with the curve being what it is -- but I'm glad I took this one.

Oh, and I totally NAILED the writing section. ;-)

Edit: preparedness factor was way low at our TC; aside from NLA, I think one other person really put in the time to study (this really rad phD girl who totally accidentally made this other girl cry when the other girl started asking her what the hell this test we were all taking was. It was rough. There's unprepared and then there's what happened in the hallway).

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:16 pm

TLS2011 wrote:It's kind of ignorant for you to gauge how much time somebody put into the test without talking to everyone there. I didn't talk to a person in my room, but I can't come on here and say they didn't prepare for the test. How do you know? Because they didn't boast and act like they knew everything?
Whoa there bud. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here okay? Nor am I trying to offend anyone. During the break and before the test, I overheard a lot of conversations, as well as on the way out. I'm singling no one out whatsoever, and I am not making fun. I wish everyone in that test center 180s.

Now chill the fuck out. We keep it friendly here.

HanShotFirst

New

Post by HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Please, do tell what happened in the hallway. I could use a good LSAT story right now.

NoLieAbility

Bronze

Post by NoLieAbility » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Sphincter-pucker moment of the evening:

While sitting with the wife talking about the test, I mentioned the poor bastards who cancelled their tests. She asked me how they did that, and I explained that it was a box somewhere on the score sheet. She nodded and we went back to watching the UFC card. Then about three minutes later, I looked up - dan dan noodle hanging from my mouth comically - and raced to the bedroom.

See, during the introduction period, I managed to get behind in filling out my identification information. (I blame my constant need to dot my "i"s with little hearts. Very manly.) So in order to catch up time, I just sort of went through the sheet and filled in the information in the manner that felt self-explanatory. In the process, I filled out box #14. The one that asks you to print your name, SSN and date. It doesn't explain why, it just tells you to do it.

So you can imagine what was going through my head. In some sort of terrible Peanuts-esque gibberish, I remembered the proctor saying, "*wah wah wah-wah-wah-wah*... box number fourteen if you want to cancel... *wah wah...*" Had I done it? Had I inadvertently canceled my first LSAT attempt? I nearly flipped my bed in my haste to get to my recently-stowed prep materials, grabbed good ol' June 2007's LSAT and turned to the score sheet.

So, no, I didn't sign the cancellation box. That's on another sheet, and requires that you fill in two little ovaries ovals to be sure. It's blessedly difficult to do by accident. You can imagine my relief, and the concerned shrieking of the wife. She was sure that I had rushed to pray to the porcelain god or something.

...neurosis, is there no end to you?

P.S. - Does anyone know what Box 14 actually signifies?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”