RC Help

RC Help

Postby Nucky » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:28 pm

RC used to be my strongest section. Regularly scored between -2 to -4 at worst. Now it is my worst section, by far and I have gone -11 and -10 in my last two PTs.

I think this has a lot to do with RC having been the first section on these two PTs. If I am not "warmed up" I do not read as quickly or as focused as I normally would. Which brings me to my question.

If, God forbid, RC is the first section I receive this Saturday, do you guys find it more conducive to read quickly through the passage and go back to it as you answer the questions, or to go through the passage carefully once, before moving back to the questions? I've been doing the latter and am considering switching to the former. Though perhaps this is an over-reaction. Thoughts?

Re: RC Help

Postby xylocarp » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 pm

What works for one person for RC doesn't necessarily work for the next person. I do best when I read carefully the first time (by far and away) but for many others this is a hindrance.

It sounds like you could REALLY benefit from some warm-up LR/LG before the test though. Maybe even in your car before you walk in if that will help you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”