LsaTTTT E-mails!

Nucky

LsaTTTT E-mails!

Postby Nucky » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Now that I am registered for Feb retake, I am being inundated with TTTT solicitations. How do I make this stop?! :cry:

... Though I do wish I had received St Thomas' Snapshit Day E-mail. :lol:

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/02/caption- ... literally/

malleus discentium

Re: LsaTTTT E-mails!

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Set up filters as you get emails from schools you don't care about.

drawstring

Postby drawstring » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:47 pm

LOL--the TTT mail has driven me nuts at times.

Getting a TTT email when you're anticipating an email with your score or waiting on acceptance/scholarship emails from school can be very irritating to say the least :lol:

ph14

Postby ph14 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm a 3L and I still get emails from law schools encouraging me to apply.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm in the application process now, eagerly awaiting responses, and it is driving me nuts... But to hear this will continue all the way to 3L?! :lol:

All I can do is laugh at that. That's terrible. Maybe they'll be out of business by then?

McAvoy

Postby McAvoy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Make sure you mark them all as spam.

It's a cumulative process, and once an email address hits a critical mass of spam reports, it goes to spam for everybody (for that email provider). So, do people who might actually apply to a TTT a favor and, instead of unsubscribing, just mark it all as spam.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:Make sure you mark them all as spam.

It's a cumulative process, and once an email address hits a critical mass of spam reports, it goes to spam for everybody (for that email provider). So, do people who might actually apply to a TTT a favor and, instead of unsubscribing, just mark it all as spam.

I read that in McAvoy's voice and it was perfect. :lol:

Good advice though, will do and pay it forward.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Ha ha, that's an interesting new form of democracy to blind people from all the options.

hmm, maybe the same strategy will work once national elections roll around again, especially once candidates officially start campaigning for president and trying to harness the internet and social media to get supporters. Just sign up for email alerts from all the candidates/political groups you don't like with a bunch of throw away email accounts/FB profiles, then mark as spam everything those campaigns email to all the email accounts! If enough people do this against certain candidates/campaigns early on, it could really limit the amount of voters they reach via the internet/social media.

JazzieShizzle

Postby JazzieShizzle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 pm

drawstring wrote:LOL--the TTT mail has driven me nuts at times.

Getting a TTT email when you're anticipating an email with your score or waiting on acceptance/scholarship emails from school can be very irritating to say the least :lol:

Yes, to say the least haha

McAvoy

Postby McAvoy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Jeffort wrote:

Ha ha, that's an interesting new form of democracy to blind people from all the options.

hmm, maybe the same strategy will work once national elections roll around again, especially once candidates officially start campaigning for president and trying to harness the internet and social media to get supporters. Just sign up for email alerts from all the candidates/political groups you don't like with a bunch of throw away email accounts/FB profiles, then mark as spam everything those campaigns email to all the email accounts! If enough people do this against certain candidates/campaigns early on, it could really limit the amount of voters they reach via the internet/social media.

Oh, this already goes on far more than you'd think. There's a pretty decently-large cottage industry for sabotaging domains, sender reputations and search rankings.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”