So the exam this saturday....

Lwoods1020

So the exam this saturday....

Postby Lwoods1020 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am

Is anyone else feeling burnt out? I can't focus. I feel like I already know everything I can, like I've reached my capacity. I am PTing in the score range I want but I know extra studying in the next few days would help.

Working 10 hours a day at a law firm reading all day isn't helping.

How are you guys keeping motivated?

I have already gotten into my top choice schools, I am retaking for extra scholarship money. I know that should be my motivation but Idk, my eyes just glaze over when I try.

How much are you studying the next few days and how much the night before?

withoutapaddle

Re: So the exam this saturday....

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 am

Tomorrow:
RC morning
LR (Doing timing drills - 15 in 15)

Thursday:
PT 71

Friday:
Games all day (No RC or LR to burn me out)

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:36 am

... studying doesn't help burnout. Resting helps burnout. Don't be stupid.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 am

get some sleep brah

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 am

^^ I meant that's what I'm doing the next three days

Wasn't my advice

drawstring

Postby drawstring » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:53 am

I was in a similar situation with two weeks left. I then took a week completely off and spent the next week doing very light studying. This worked well for me and come test day I had loads of energy and feel like I could've done another 3 sections without problems.

As suggested above, if you feel burnt out to this extent you need to take some time off. I know the test is soon but even a few days without studying can work wonders.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:27 am

thevuch wrote:get some sleep brah

Saddle Up

Postby Saddle Up » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:18 am

Mine is also this Saturday. I hit it hard today. Plan is to rest tomorrow and Thursday. Will decide Friday on whether to lay back, skim or test again. Facing a little sibling pressure since my brother (now a third year associate) and my 3L sis both scored 169. Which is where I am testing (on the higher side).

crazyvix

Postby crazyvix » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 am

Just review those passages/lr questions which you have the most confidence with. Trust me, confidence is that last minute tip every test taker might give you!
Also, specifically, review some "typical" LSAT questions/passages, for example, for the RC section, the riddle basin attraction, maize, !Kung woman, they are very typical LSAT passages, with " We used to think A, however blah blah blah, we now have a new thought B".
For LG section, skip dinosaur or anything hard like that, skip the airlines one, it is just too weird to come again, try to find some typical ones, for example the Ferrara archaeology site which hinges on your inference ability etc.
What I'm trying to say is: don't do new tests any more, review some typical questions and most importantly, stay confident.
Keep calm and kill LSAT.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:55 am

thank you for all the advice. I think I am going to do a lot of LG to get my confidence up, look over tricks in hard reading comp passages like you said and drill LR. good luck to everyone!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:thank you for all the advice. I think I am going to do a lot of LG to get my confidence up, look over tricks in hard reading comp passages like you said and drill LR. good luck to everyone!

:| rest is more important if you are burned out. Trust us, we know what we're talking about. Being burned out will ruin your score!

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Clearly wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:thank you for all the advice. I think I am going to do a lot of LG to get my confidence up, look over tricks in hard reading comp passages like you said and drill LR. good luck to everyone!

:| rest is more important if you are burned out. Trust us, we know what we're talking about. Being burned out will ruin your score!

i get anxiety when I'm not studying.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:47 pm

PLEASE take Friday off. I took the day off from work for my first take, and absolutely recommend it. Don't LSAT. Don't work. Go to a museum, or walk in a park, or go on a bike ride...anything but LSAT.

And for the day of the test, I needed a warm-up, but I'd also say: make sure you warm-up with questions you've already done. I did one LG and 4 LR flashcards. The last thing you want is to miss something on a game that freaks you out on test day. You've done tons of PTs. This is just PT 73 (or whatever number it is).

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:12 pm

nothingtosee wrote:PLEASE take Friday off. I took the day off from work for my first take, and absolutely recommend it. Don't LSAT. Don't work. Go to a museum, or walk in a park, or go on a bike ride...anything but LSAT.

And for the day of the test, I needed a warm-up, but I'd also say: make sure you warm-up with questions you've already done. I did one LG and 4 LR flashcards. The last thing you want is to miss something on a game that freaks you out on test day. You've done tons of PTs. This is just PT 73 (or whatever number it is).

i gotta work ;/

sephora_addict

Postby sephora_addict » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Do any of you live in the northeast and are expecting snow the day of the LSAT? Worried it is going to be cancelled. :shock:

Postby 10052014 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:25 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:
Clearly wrote:

would one day be enough? or do you mean rest for a week?

I am taking in june, and I plan on taking 4 pts the week before the exam.

2 back to back for two days each. Ex: Monday: 2 pts back to back. - Wednesday: 2 pts back to back. Then the following monday is the exam.

I am now doubting this idea.

nah you're fine. that's like four days in between. I did like 12 pts over this past weekend. I feel a little burnt out yes, but I know I'll feel refreshed and energized come test day Saturday because of pure adrenaline.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Fatigue masks fitness! Overload the week before, UNload the week of, and especially the day before. All of the advice here is good -- make Friday as relaxing and non-LSAT-related a day as you can make it. There is no major revelation you will make studying on Friday that could possibly outweigh going into the test feeling refreshed.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
jaylawyer09 wrote:
Clearly wrote:

would one day be enough? or do you mean rest for a week?

I am taking in june, and I plan on taking 4 pts the week before the exam.

2 back to back for two days each. Ex: Monday: 2 pts back to back. - Wednesday: 2 pts back to back. Then the following monday is the exam.

I am now doubting this idea.

nah you're fine. that's like four days in between. I did like 12 pts over this past weekend. I feel a little burnt out yes, but I know I'll feel refreshed and energized come test day Saturday because of pure adrenaline.

Your anxiety is forcing you to approach this all wrong.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 pm

[quote="Clearl

Your anxiety is forcing you to approach this all wrong.[/quote]

what do you suggest

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:[quote="Clearl

Your anxiety is forcing you to approach this all wrong.

what do you suggest[/quote]
Take a test every other day, review each text extensively. Cramming practice tests is a waste of material and doesn't help scores. Don't even think about studying the day before the test.

Saddle Up

Postby Saddle Up » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:06 pm

I only spent 30 minutes skimming on Thurs and Fri. Seemed to work out. I think I did okay today. We’ll see…

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:49 am

Saddle Up wrote:I only spent 30 minutes skimming on Thurs and Fri. Seemed to work out. I think I did okay today. We’ll see…

I don't think the questions were tough at all. A few tricky LR but that's it. It's the nerves and timing that go to me
Goodluck!

Saddle Up

Postby Saddle Up » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
Saddle Up wrote:I only spent 30 minutes skimming on Thurs and Fri. Seemed to work out. I think I did okay today. We’ll see…

I don't think the questions were tough at all. A few tricky LR but that's it. It's the nerves and timing that go to me
Goodluck!

I think I missed a couple questions by two-tenths of a second…wait a minute, maybe I’m thinking of the winter Olympics. Seriously, when I came home I asked my 3L sister about a couple of questions I thought were tricky, she said I did fine. Fortunately, I all I had to do was ballpark my PTs to get accepted to the GA schools I’ve targeted. Anyone have a good/bad/meh prediction on your outcome?

nn1113

Postby nn1113 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm

What do people think about how this compared to the December 2013 test? Was this easier, same difficulty, or harder than the December test? The December test had a much more generous curve for the 170 cut-off so I'm trying to gauge if this test should have a similarly generous curve.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”