Logical Reasoning help!

chabs

Logical Reasoning help!

Postby chabs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:54 pm

I studied for about 3 months with Powerscore..it didn't help me so much, any advice? Recommended books that are best suited for that section, please and thank you! I'm thinking of buying Manhattan..?

drawstring

Re: Logical Reasoning help!

Postby drawstring » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 pm

I found Manhattan more helpful for LR; definitely give it a shot.

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Did you drill? Unless you are Straw Mandible, you won't get too much out of reading alone. The gains really come from drilling and (blind) reviewing.

Straw_Mandible

Postby Straw_Mandible » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Hey, I drill!

Haha, but for real, Manhattan LSAT is a solid resource for LR. Although I do think that The Trainer takes the cake.

drawstring

Postby drawstring » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:46 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:Did you drill? Unless you are Straw Mandible, you won't get too much out of reading alone. The gains really come from drilling and (blind) reviewing.

This was true for me

My studying for two months or so was almost purely reading the books and I was consistently going -5/-6 overall with no signs of improvement. Once I started drilling I became far more comfortable with the questions and got down to 0 to -2 or so overall. The biggest difference was with parallel reasoning, as I thought the books did a poor job with those. I went from missing about 50 percent of PR questions to them being a sure thing for me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”