Need feb 2014 advice

npt2901
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Need feb 2014 advice

Postby npt2901 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:07 am

.
Last edited by npt2901 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby withoutapaddle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:27 am

Think you can boost your score in the next 5 days?

If not you may want to reschedule for June

npt2901
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby npt2901 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am

so take it and cancel or withdrawal completely and reschedule for june?

10052014
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

.

Postby 10052014 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 am

.
Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lakers180
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby lakers180 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:48 am

withdraw

you might need that chance later, and cancel counts as 1 of your 3 while withdraw doesn't

lots of work to do keep up the studying

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:39 pm

lakers180 wrote:withdraw

cancel counts as 1 of your 3 while withdraw doesn't


User avatar
sephora_addict
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby sephora_addict » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 pm

I am in the exact same boat as you except I don't know what my score range would be right now because I have yet to take one.. whoops. Anyway, depending on where you live and are planning to take the LSAT, it may be cancelled this weekend. I, for example, live in the northeast in Pennsylvania and chances are it is going to be cancelled because like today, we are expecting a lot of snow. If you are in that exact situation, I would hold off withdrawing until Friday. By then, LSAC may have cancelled/post-poned your exam by that day. If they cancel, they stated in an email to me that they would offer a "make-up exam date" around 2 weeks after the original date. 2 other options are a full refund of your money, or the option to take the June 2014 LSAT free of charge (although not really free because technically we paid for the exam, we just could not take it in February due to inclement weather). So again, if you live in the northeast or anywhere that is expecting snow, I would hold off until Friday! Otherwise, definitely withdraw because law schools cannot see a withdraw like they can see an absentee or cancelled score. :wink:

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:50 pm

.
Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby McAvoy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 pm

If you truly have put in significant effort, time and money, I don't see the benefit in saving this opportunity. Take it. If you have been sincerely studying since the summer and are not consistently getting out of the low 150s, what is an extra two months of studying after the next two administrations going to give you?

You have already invested the money for this administration; take the test for real, and it will give you a better idea of whether or not this is something that is worth your time to continue to pursue. If you truly are on the cusp of getting scores that will make law school an option that is even close to worth considering, you won't need three more administrations, and getting a real test day experience off your chest will be more valuable.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby Winston1984 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:59 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
lakers180 wrote:withdraw

cancel counts as 1 of your 3 while withdraw doesn't


npt2901
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby npt2901 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:05 pm

.
Last edited by npt2901 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby McAvoy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:22 pm

npt2901 wrote:hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. I am leaning towards withdrawaling because I do have the time and the dedication to study for this because law school is what I really, really want. If anyone has been in this boat before, could you message me with some tips and some inspiration?

keep up the feed back! it is really helping. thank you!!!


Not to troll, but why is it what you really, really want, and why does that make it a good direction for your life? Everyone who is not a HYS candidate needs to be constantly asking this question to themselves. Acceptance to NYU/Penn/UVA ~= close to guaranteed success/fulfillment/financial solvency. Everyone you go to school with will also really, really want these things, and be just as smart, if not smarter than you. Greatly-discounted tuition at Vandy/Texas/UCLA are not great investments. Georgetown is trap; Cornell costs 60k in tuition. Not knowing your GPA, you have a really long way to go on the LSAT to get these latter opportunities, but these are pretty questionable investments. If you have other feasible options that would make you happy in life, make sure those are given complete consideration before you dedicate a (nother) year of your life to the LSAT (which is what you're doing if you're saving this test for a third chance).

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby goldenboy514 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 pm

My suggestion would be to hit the books and withdraw. Many people on this board have gone up crazy points in their LSAT's and you will read over and over again that it is a learnable test.There's no secret formula, you just need to consistently and consciously hit the books. Get over to the LSAT prep forum and follow one of the guides. People (most) on these boards are here to help, and though they may sound discouraging at times, they are only attempting to tell you what is best. In the end it's your decision, but the reality is this test will determine more of your future then you would like it to.

I would say withdraw, study until June, and kill the LSAT then.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby PattyCake » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Your applications for the next cycle won't even be available[i] until September. I don't think there is really any reason to push this one unless (a) you can't afford to register again, which doesn't sound like a huge problem, (b) you think your summer commitments will interfere with your studying, or (c) you are a very nervous test taker and the simple knowledge of the fact that you now have one less opportunity to retake will stress you out too much to do well.

If you take the June test and decide you need a retake, then you can study your butt off for October, take it, and write your apps/PS in the few weeks while you wait for your score. You will still have your apps submitted WELL before Thanksgiving, possibly even by the start of November.

I don't know what your GPA is like, but unless it's FANTASTIC you don't want to have to give an explanation for a lower score than you're capable of. When you submit your applications you want to shoot to have everything your schools want, or at least only [i]one[i] thing they aren't [i]as
happy to take. You sound like you're already open to waiting, which probably means you don't think you're scoring where you could[i] be scoring - I would trust that and keep studying. If you really think you're close to clicking, then you are probably close to clicking - we can be our own best judges, as long as we're honest with ourselves. And if you [i]are about to have a breakthrough, then wouldn't it be nice to have 4 months to solidify that and really let it sink in, so your nerves don't get you on test day? There is no such thing as "too familiar" with the LSAT, so I would err on the side of caution and use the time to your advantage.

lawschool2014hopeful
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: Need feb 2014 advice

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Withdraw,

taking and cancelling and wasting a try is the stupidest thing one could do, I have no idea why people recommend the "testing experience" bs.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests