Anyone else actually enjoy studying for the LSAT?

justin8509

Anyone else actually enjoy studying for the LSAT?

Postby justin8509 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:34 pm

Is it sad that I actually enjoy studying for this and is somewhat the highlight of my day?

Or am I just out there. It's fun making progress with the books (trainer, bibles) and getting better at stuff I once sucked at ! I'll put in 2-4 hours a day and am pretty stoked after I'm done.

Strange perhaps.

MrsHuxtable

Re: Anyone else actually enjoy studying for the LSAT?

Postby MrsHuxtable » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:44 pm

I wouldn't say I enjoy studying, but I've always enjoyed learning. I like feeling like I am getting closer to my dream of attending law school with each Flaw Question I get right or every logic game I complete. I feel accomplished and I enjoy that feeling, but the actual studying not so much, but I do enjoy the reward from that studying :mrgreen:

crazyvix

Postby crazyvix » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 am

I wouldn't say I enjoy LG and LR... but RC is quite interesting, it does teach a lot I didn't know before. But it's still not "enjoy", I'm just trying to tell myself how good it is to learn something new lol

hippo-hapatamus

Postby hippo-hapatamus » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 am

I enjoyed it a lot, especially as I started hitting perfect sections. It kind of felt like gambling. You gotta decide which questions you're going to spend 20 seconds on without a second look and which questions get a minute and a half of back-and-forth between two answer choices. Grading my tests always felt betting on a horse. I would scan down the columns of letters and froth with obscenities if my wrong-answer-count was piling up too quickly. And the feeling you get when you're grading question #20 and you don't have any misses yet... it's very tense and very gratifying to grade those last few questions and get them all right. It's like your horse just won by a nose and now you're going to HYS and you're gonna live life like a muthaf***in LSAT rap star.

SecondWind

Postby SecondWind » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 am

Enjoy the process. If you don't enjoy the process of becoming good, you won't reach your true potential.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:39 pm

I don't know if I'd say I enjoyed it, but I sort of looked at it as if it were a part time job, and I've had way worse jobs. :)

Straw_Mandible

Postby Straw_Mandible » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:12 pm

SecondWind wrote:Enjoy the process. If you don't enjoy the process of becoming good, you won't reach your true potential.

So much this.

And yes, I'm really enjoying the process. There's something intrinsically motivating about learning a new set of skills. It's also nice to recognize the ways in which LSAT training can have a positive effect on our daily life. It feels like getting into really great shape. I feel sharper. My attention span is lengthening; my mental stamina is improving. I've become genuinely happier and stronger in so many ways since I started studying for this test. I'm starting to view it as less of a burden or an obstacle to overcome, and more of a healthy lifestyle choice.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Straw_Mandible wrote:
SecondWind wrote:Enjoy the process. If you don't enjoy the process of becoming good, you won't reach your true potential.

So much this.

And yes, I'm really enjoying the process. There's something intrinsically motivating about learning a new set of skills. It's also nice to recognize the ways in which LSAT training can have a positive effect on our daily life. It feels like getting into really great shape. I feel sharper. My attention span is lengthening; my mental stamina is improving. I've become genuinely happier and stronger in so many ways since I started studying for this test. I'm starting to view it as less of a burden or an obstacle to overcome, and more of a healthy lifestyle choice.

+1 Very, very true

justin8509

Postby justin8509 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Straw_Mandible wrote:

So much this.

Exactly how I feel. Just couldn't put it into words. Haha. +1 +1 +1

Postby 10052014 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Straw_Mandible

Postby Straw_Mandible » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 pm

^ Although I can say with absolute certainty that I would not enjoy blood coming from my eyes. I'd say health, balance, and perspective are the keys to finding pleasure in something like this. (I've also found, incidentally, that these things combine to form the kingpin of a successful lifestyle writ large.)

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 pm

justin8509 wrote:Is it sad that I actually enjoy studying for this and is somewhat the highlight of my day?

Or am I just out there. It's fun making progress with the books (trainer, bibles) and getting better at stuff I once sucked at ! I'll put in 2-4 hours a day and am pretty stoked after I'm done.

Strange perhaps.

I totally get it, it's not really 'that' strange (maybe a little, but I like being strange). I think I like it because I really miss studying big for something. I actually had a lot of fun in college and enjoyed all of this prep work type studying. I like having a goal ahead of me and this is really filling that void for me right now! ;o)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”