The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:44 am

so just went though a LR section, nice and slow to try and get as many right as possible... and I got what I normally get -_-

kbrasp
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby kbrasp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:36 am

Ok, officially checking in. Don't think I did poorly yesterday, but I will certainly do better this time around. I took TestMasters and loved the course, but I don't think the 2.5 months course gave me enough time for me to achieve my full potential.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:40 am

Welcome all thread newbies! I took the test yesterday too but know that I didn't reach my full potential. So we shall all 10+ in December!

Jgoods that's so freaking annoying. =/

So I have a question... I added my university to the CLS service and then I remembered that I have an outstanding balance on my account (stupid housing that should have been paid by the university because I have a free-housing position but they didn't do that yet) so I pressed "back" but for some reason it saw it as "confirm." Will LSAC receive the fact that I have an outstanding balance? And if so, will law schools see that?

^seriously fuck my university for being assholes.

ETA:

Do NOT have a transcript sent from an international institution if your bachelor's degree is from a US, US territory, or Canadian school, AND
the total amount of work you completed at all international institutions combined is equal to or less than the equivalent of one year of undergraduate study in the United States, its territories, or Canada, OR
your work was completed through an overseas study program that was clearly sponsored by a US, US territory, or Canadian school.


OMG WHAT?! Literally jumping for joy! SERIOUSLY?! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
Last edited by WorldsCollide on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 am

Jgoods wrote:so just went though a LR section, nice and slow to try and get as many right as possible... and I got what I normally get -_-


haha, it happens bro.

T-minus 5 hours until my Blueprint course diag test (PT 61). Ughhh, it was originally planned for 10 AM but postponed till 2PM. Now I have to wait an extra 4 hours. :evil:

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:49 am

nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:so just went though a LR section, nice and slow to try and get as many right as possible... and I got what I normally get -_-


haha, it happens bro.

T-minus 5 hours until my Blueprint course diag test (PT 61). Ughhh, it was originally planned for 10 AM but postponed till 2PM. Now I have to wait an extra 4 hours. :evil:


Good luck man, don't stress about it. Diagnostics don't really hold much for weight for somebody's scoring potential in my opinion. It's just a baseline so you have a feel for how the test flows

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:54 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:55 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:59 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Dirigo wrote:WC,
Are you talking about CAS? If so, your holds won't matter when it comes to LSAC and law school.
You may have to settle up with your university before it releases your transcript though. Some colleges have a policy like that.

Also, why are you happy? Did you fail study abroad or something?


Thanks for the explanation!

And no lol. I graduated high school in June 2009 and got drafted to the IDF in April 2010. So in the meanwhile I took four courses at Tel Aviv University for fun (while I had a full-time job and was studying for the psychometric - which is the Israeli version of the SAT. And all the courses were in Hebrew which I haven't actually studied in since fifth grade). I got an 86, 85, 80 and 60 ( :shock: ). I got the three first classes transferred to my undergrad and got credit for them. I have a 4.0 GPA (I think when it's calculated it will be 4.13). The Tel Aviv scores would drop me to a 3.89 (which I know is still high but that's a considerable drop and I didn't really want a D- on my transcripts). But that policy clearly states I shouldn't send my Tel Aviv transcripts because my coursework didn't exceed a semester/year. :D

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:02 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:05 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Gracias all!

Have been self studying for a few months so this will definitely give me a good benchmark of my progress. Since this will be fully proctored, I hope I can get out of the "This isn't the real deal so maybe I won't concentrate 100%" kinda mentality. Getting lazy usually results in missing some questions toward the end of a test.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Dirigo wrote:WC,
Are you talking about CAS? If so, your holds won't matter when it comes to LSAC and law school.
You may have to settle up with your university before it releases your transcript though. Some colleges have a policy like that.

Also, why are you happy? Did you fail study abroad or something?

Thanks for the explanation!
And no lol. I graduated high school in June 2009 and got drafted to the IDF in April 2010. So in the meanwhile I took four courses at Tel Aviv University for fun (while I had a full-time job and was studying for the psychometric - which is the Israeli version of the SAT. And all the courses were in Hebrew which I haven't actually studied in since fifth grade). I got an 86, 85, 80 and 60 ( :shock: ). I got the three first classes transferred to my undergrad and got credit for them. I have a 4.0 GPA (I think when it's calculated it will be 4.13). The Tel Aviv scores would drop me to a 3.89 (which I know is still high but that's a considerable drop and I didn't really want a D- on my transcripts). But that policy clearly states I shouldn't send my Tel Aviv transcripts because my coursework didn't exceed a semester/year. :D

That's amazing! Lucky you!
I wish I had a 4.0. I'm kicking myself over sophomore year Abnormal Psychology and having senioritis my last semester of undergrad. I wish I was thinking about law school at the time! Haha


I was studying the TLS chart with GPA and LSAT 25/median/75 on my first day of college lol. When you have two years in the military, you have many years to get your shit together and get motivated!

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:10 pm

8)
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:19 pm

mist4bison wrote:Wow. Just did a LR section and was pleasantly surprised with the result. 8 months ago I was averaging -7 on each LR section, but today I only got -3. I've only studied Flaw so far, so I'm fairly happy. Hopefully once I have a better understanding of other LR types I can do better than -3. It's a decent start, though! Woot!

Caveat: I went over 35 minutes, but I had also done that 8 months ago. I need to work on timing lol.


That's fantastic! Congrats =D

Lacoste
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Lacoste » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:27 pm

mist4bison wrote:Wow. Just did a LR section and was pleasantly surprised with the result. 8 months ago I was averaging -7 on each LR section, but today I only got -3. I've only studied Flaw so far, so I'm fairly happy. Hopefully once I have a better understanding of other LR types I can do better than -3. It's a decent start, though! Woot!

Caveat: I went over 35 minutes, but I had also done that 8 months ago. I need to work on timing lol.


how long have you been studying? I really feel like Im not going to be ready (maybe IM just psyching myself out), but I've heard that people who took a long break and then came back generally improved.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:51 pm

8)
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadwomanintheAttic
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby MadwomanintheAttic » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 pm

kbrasp wrote:Ok, officially checking in. Don't think I did poorly yesterday, but I will certainly do better this time around. I took TestMasters and loved the course, but I don't think the 2.5 months course gave me enough time for me to achieve my full potential.



Same here. Did TM online course and enjoyed it, but one LR section from yesterday didn't feel right, so I'm really nervous I did poorly on it. Also, LG has never been a strength, so I'm hopeful I did well enough yesterday to not have to re-take, but if I do I want to be prepared.

cavalier2015
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby cavalier2015 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:13 pm

checking in. PTing at a 175, shat the bed on the lsat yesterday. going to spend the next 2 months sharpening timing, a few question types on LR, and doing rare games of LG. Also plan to drill a section of the RC everyday to keep me sharp. excited to take it with yall again.

Michael947
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Michael947 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Any retakers for the December exam who has taken blueprint and are looking for a study partner please message me.

Good luck to all :D

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Obligatory callout:

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:where is the quiggers

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:00 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hotpinkpumas
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:14 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby hotpinkpumas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Dirigo wrote:Is 7Sage down for anybody?


seems to work for me!

Also, coming back to this thread after checking in a few weeks ago! I've been creeping on this thread for the past few days and ya'll seem to have such a good supportive system here that I just felt like I needed to be more active on this thread hahaha Trying to get started on that PT grind! :) Hopefully doing PT 37 today!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby peppermint » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:43 pm

.
Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bertrose, Instrumental, jen203, Tazewell, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests