The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:39 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:40 pm

good luck tomorrow kiddos. especially you, ringo 8)

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:40 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2695
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:43 pm

hereisonehand wrote:good luck tomorrow kiddos. especially you, ringo 8)


Thank you, pup - any philosophical words of wisdom before the big day?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:44 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby santoki » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Dirigo wrote:The Waiters Thread is Here!!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=240486

Feel free to tag yourself for tomorrow!! :mrgreen:


what does it mean to tag yourself? :oops:

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:good luck tomorrow kiddos. especially you, ringo 8)


Thank you, pup - any philosophical words of wisdom before the big day?


Just remember that happiness consists in having the parts of one's soul aligned in a harmonious fashion, not unlike how the different neighborhoods of a city can make up a unified whole. Don't sacrifice one part for excellence in another, but strive for wholeness. That is to say, get a top score and don't forget to fap. Godspeed.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:52 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:02 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Dirigo wrote:I still haven't taken my LSAT Ticket photo. I should probably get on that. #smize

Good reminder.

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby peppermint » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:08 pm

.
Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm not participating on tls after the exam. Good luck and I'll see you after score release:)

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:17 pm

unodostres wrote:I'm not participating on tls after the exam. Good luck and I'll see you after score release:)

Oh man. You're gonna miss out.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Dirigo wrote:I still haven't taken my LSAT Ticket photo. I should probably get on that. #smize

lol :)

just finished my last PT, on my way to get my picture and some pencils

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:28 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pta
Posts: 1851
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Post removed...

Postby pta » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
literarylawyer
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby literarylawyer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:48 pm

HELP.

I haven't been able to fall asleep very well this week, and have been waking up at 6:30 every morning to be ready for Saturday. Last night I tried to go to sleep at 9:30 pm and couldn't, so I took two Safeway over-the-counter, non-habit-forming sleeping pills. Slept until 8:30, and have been in a brain fog ever since, even though I've had my morning coffee, vitamin (which includes B12), and breakfast. Feels as if my brain is a block of lead....and I'm just feeling kind of swimmy-minded in general (the feeling you get when you're sick & drinking Dayquil). Was feeling tired yesterday, but figured that was because I hadn't slept enough....and it rained yesterday, so it could be allergies -- and every allergy medicine I've tried (Benadryl, Claritin, etc.) essentially sends me into a coma, so I can't do that. Just took 2 Advil and drank a cup of Airborne to boost my immune system -- hoping that helps.

BUT WHAT DO I DO IF I WAKE UP TOMORROW AND FEEL AWFUL?

Another consideration: this a retake for me. I got a 166 on my first test & have been scoring in the 170s on pretty much every PT since then - what would happen if I took the test and TOTALLY bombed it, so my two scores would turn out to be something like a 166 and 160?

Any thoughts = greatly appreciated.

User avatar
portmanteaux
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby portmanteaux » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Peta wrote:Just took pt73. It wasn't pretty. Discouraging :/


Well try to stay positive and focus on revieweing your mistakes so you don't make them tomorrow! Don't let one bad score wipe out months of preparation.

User avatar
portmanteaux
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby portmanteaux » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 pm

literarylawyer wrote:HELP.

I haven't been able to fall asleep very well this week, and have been waking up at 6:30 every morning to be ready for Saturday. Last night I tried to go to sleep at 9:30 pm and couldn't, so I took two Safeway over-the-counter, non-habit-forming sleeping pills. Slept until 8:30, and have been in a brain fog ever since, even though I've had my morning coffee, vitamin (which includes B12), and breakfast. Feels as if my brain is a block of lead....and I'm just feeling kind of swimmy-minded in general (the feeling you get when you're sick & drinking Dayquil). Was feeling tired yesterday, but figured that was because I hadn't slept enough....and it rained yesterday, so it could be allergies -- and every allergy medicine I've tried (Benadryl, Claritin, etc.) essentially sends me into a coma, so I can't do that. Just took 2 Advil and drank a cup of Airborne to boost my immune system -- hoping that helps.

BUT WHAT DO I DO IF I WAKE UP TOMORROW AND FEEL AWFUL?

Another consideration: this a retake for me. I got a 166 on my first test & have been scoring in the 170s on pretty much every PT since then - what would happen if I took the test and TOTALLY bombed it, so my two scores would turn out to be something like a 166 and 160?

Any thoughts = greatly appreciated.


Interesting Claritin makes you feel drowsy, I've only experienced that with Bendaryl. Maybe try not taking any medicine tonight? Get some exercise today, nothing too strenuous, but at least to tire yourself out a little to help you sleep well tonight. Allergies can also affect your performance, so maybe just take Claritin or Allegra in the morning. You can always cancel if you feel you aren't performing your best. Also, maybe leave enough time to relax a little in the morning--have a cup of tea, stretch, etc.

Hope that helps!

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Good luck tomorrow guys!

Here's some encouraging news.

http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/first- ... ion-cycle/

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3010
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Big Red » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:14 pm

.
Last edited by Big Red on Tue May 05, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:25 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Dirigo wrote:
literarylawyer wrote:HELP.

I haven't been able to fall asleep very well this week, and have been waking up at 6:30 every morning to be ready for Saturday. Last night I tried to go to sleep at 9:30 pm and couldn't, so I took two Safeway over-the-counter, non-habit-forming sleeping pills. Slept until 8:30, and have been in a brain fog ever since, even though I've had my morning coffee, vitamin (which includes B12), and breakfast. Feels as if my brain is a block of lead....and I'm just feeling kind of swimmy-minded in general (the feeling you get when you're sick & drinking Dayquil). Was feeling tired yesterday, but figured that was because I hadn't slept enough....and it rained yesterday, so it could be allergies -- and every allergy medicine I've tried (Benadryl, Claritin, etc.) essentially sends me into a coma, so I can't do that. Just took 2 Advil and drank a cup of Airborne to boost my immune system -- hoping that helps.

BUT WHAT DO I DO IF I WAKE UP TOMORROW AND FEEL AWFUL?

Another consideration: this a retake for me. I got a 166 on my first test & have been scoring in the 170s on pretty much every PT since then - what would happen if I took the test and TOTALLY bombed it, so my two scores would turn out to be something like a 166 and 160?

Any thoughts = greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't take anything tonight. It's too late in the game to be experimenting with different drugs, especially since you said you felt mentally groggy.

And as for scoring lower, there's no downside. Only good consequences can come from retaking since higher scores are all that matters. I wouldn't cancel unless you KNOW you blew it. People often feel insecure afterwards and I'm sure many people have cancelled high score because of listening too much to the doubts in their head.


This. My BP instructor took the infamous PT 73 in the Fall and cancelled right after the test because he thought he scored lower than a 173 (he was retaking a 173). When the results came out, he calculated that he would've gotten a 177 had he not cancelled.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”