The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Dirigo wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:
monadologist wrote:So, should we rewrite in Feb or June? haha jk

Do not speak of such things. Not that it matters for me. I'm done with the LSAT either way on Saturday.

It will be a huge relief either way.
What cycle are you applying?


This cycle. I was worried that my app would be late, but I'd much rather have the extra points on the LSAT with a later submit date. I guess I can take solace in the fact that a 166 isn't a terrible score. With a 3.7, I'm hoping I can at least get Cornell, UCLA, or UT with my original score. But I won't have to worry about that since I'll be getting a 170+. :mrgreen:

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Dirigo wrote:
unodostres wrote:i wonder if a clan game will come up

i just did 3 of them i think they are pretty rare enough to make a come back

:shock: wtf is this. Please give me PT numbers.


PT 13, Game 4

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:11 pm

GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:
Dirigo wrote:I wonder what the popular TLS score will be for December.


171


PRAISE YEEZUS


Let's not forget GT's plan to tattoo this number on his junk.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:13 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scandk
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby scandk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:17 pm

YeezusPiece wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:
monadologist wrote:So, should we rewrite in Feb or June? haha jk

Do not speak of such things. Not that it matters for me. I'm done with the LSAT either way on Saturday.

It will be a huge relief either way.
What cycle are you applying?


This cycle. I was worried that my app would be late, but I'd much rather have the extra points on the LSAT with a later submit date. I guess I can take solace in the fact that a 166 isn't a terrible score. With a 3.7, I'm hoping I can at least get Cornell, UCLA, or UT with my original score. But I won't have to worry about that since I'll be getting a 170+. :mrgreen:


Good luck on the apps YP. Hopefully we can both break the 170 barrier. Did you end up retaking in September, or no? I decided to push back to December, so now I'm getting one-two punched by finals and LSAT.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:17 pm

yeezus are you looking at the la market?

believeland
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby believeland » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Dirigo wrote:Is your definition of a confidence crusher a 173?


Haha no. I've hit a 168 on a few tests after freaking out in the middle of a section (often games). That was a while ago, though, so I think I'm in the clear for 74.

The Avatar wrote:How do you approach RC? And let us know how you do on 73 because I find it more difficult than 72.


Hm, I'm not sure that I've got special tricks or techniques. I used to score lower on RC when I approached it like it was LR - move fast, anticipate questions. I got better when I slowed down, and I've gotten even better not even thinking about time; I've found it's most effective to just get wrapped up in the passage. I go fast and I retain more information that way.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:23 pm

scandk wrote:Good luck on the apps YP. Hopefully we can both break the 170 barrier. Did you end up retaking in September, or no? I decided to push back to December, so now I'm getting one-two punched by finals and LSAT.


Thanks, I just have to wait for one professor to write a LOR like he agreed. He hasn't responded to any of my reminder emails, which has been pushing my blood pressure through the roof. But I was his TA and I had a pretty good relationship with him (I think), so I'm assuming he'll eventually pull through. And yeah, I retook in September. Got the exact same score as June. I will avenge all my past defeats on Saturday. I will eat the LSAT's children.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:24 pm

unodostres wrote:yeezus are you looking at the la market?


Yeah, I'd love to end up anywhere in California. But I have no CA ties, so idk how well that would work out.

User avatar
koala-fy
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby koala-fy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:32 pm

unodostres wrote:i wonder if a clan game will come up

i just did 3 of them i think they are pretty rare enough to make a come back


So weird I literally just finished the one from PT13. Which were the other ones you did??? Somebody pleaseee tell me the rest of the "clan" games, I'm ok with the one from 13 but I could definitely use more practice (ps didn't even know there were more than one of these...)

secadc11
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby secadc11 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:33 pm

koala-fy wrote:
unodostres wrote:i wonder if a clan game will come up

i just did 3 of them i think they are pretty rare enough to make a come back


So weird I literally just finished the one from PT13. Which were the other ones you did??? Somebody pleaseee tell me the rest of the "clan" games, I'm ok with the one from 13 but I could definitely use more practice (ps didn't even know there were more than one of these...)


Also just did this game out of pure curiosity. Took me like 9 mins, but I got everything right. Would also love to hear about the other ones...

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:38 pm

secadc11 wrote:
koala-fy wrote:
unodostres wrote:i wonder if a clan game will come up

i just did 3 of them i think they are pretty rare enough to make a come back


So weird I literally just finished the one from PT13. Which were the other ones you did??? Somebody pleaseee tell me the rest of the "clan" games, I'm ok with the one from 13 but I could definitely use more practice (ps didn't even know there were more than one of these...)


Also just did this game out of pure curiosity. Took me like 9 mins, but I got everything right. Would also love to hear about the other ones...


Pretty sure that's the only one. I've done every logic game ever, and I don't remember more than one of those.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:44 pm

secadc11 wrote:
koala-fy wrote:
unodostres wrote:i wonder if a clan game will come up

i just did 3 of them i think they are pretty rare enough to make a come back


So weird I literally just finished the one from PT13. Which were the other ones you did??? Somebody pleaseee tell me the rest of the "clan" games, I'm ok with the one from 13 but I could definitely use more practice (ps didn't even know there were more than one of these...)


Also just did this game out of pure curiosity. Took me like 9 mins, but I got everything right. Would also love to hear about the other ones...



buses in feb 97'
pt16 has a cyclical changing game
and one more i forgot but it dealt with plans 1,2,3 for a gorup of people to rotate. 1 + 2, 1+3, 3+2 for the groups when they give you a base. i forgot what test but it was pretty easy and reminded me of the science flask game

User avatar
koala-fy
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby koala-fy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Ok unodostres, it's like we share the same brain - I just finished the flask game.

Speaking of which, I hate that game. I know it's probably not meant to be difficult, but it just does not click for me. :?

User avatar
koala-fy
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby koala-fy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:06 pm

unodostres wrote: and one more i forgot but it dealt with plans 1,2,3 for a gorup of people to rotate. 1 + 2, 1+3, 3+2 for the groups when they give you a base. i forgot what test but it was pretty easy and reminded me of the science flask game


I think you're talking about the apprentice game. I just did it. Not bad at all. For those that are curious, it's PT11 Game 4.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 pm

koala-fy wrote:
unodostres wrote: and one more i forgot but it dealt with plans 1,2,3 for a gorup of people to rotate. 1 + 2, 1+3, 3+2 for the groups when they give you a base. i forgot what test but it was pretty easy and reminded me of the science flask game


I think you're talking about the apprentice game. I just did it. Not bad at all. For those that are curious, it's PT11 Game 4.


PT 11 was my cold diagnostic for my prepping and I was ecstatic when I saw the flask game because that one came so easy to me, lol.

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Oh shit are we all drilling the misc packet at the same time? This is nuts. I just finished the clan game too, like 10 min ago.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:14 pm

koala-fy wrote:Ok unodostres, it's like we share the same brain - I just finished the flask game.

Speaking of which, I hate that game. I know it's probably not meant to be difficult, but it just does not click for me. :?


haha : P

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:16 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
koala-fy
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby koala-fy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:18 pm

GreenTee wrote:Oh shit are we all drilling the misc packet at the same time? This is nuts. I just finished the clan game too, like 10 min ago.


Haha this is exactly what I'm doing! Finished them all and now I'm going through a big stack of games, both miscellaneous and not, that I want to redo.

nlee10 wrote: PT 11 was my cold diagnostic for my prepping and I was ecstatic when I saw the flask game because that one came so easy to me, lol.


OKAY am I stupid or something??? I breezed through the apprentice game but struggled hard with the flasks. Is it the fact that it's chemistry related? Is that making my brain not process the game correctly?

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:21 pm

flask game has the same concept behind it just as the apprentice game

just the amount of shit is more to think about

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:26 pm

wtf is a clan game

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:27 pm

koala-fy wrote:OKAY am I stupid or something??? I breezed through the apprentice game but struggled hard with the flasks. Is it the fact that it's chemistry related? Is that making my brain not process the game correctly?


haha, prob not. It's all good tho, I bombed the shit out of that PT as my diagnostic and I was depressed for a good two weeks and came super close to not even continuing (starting) my LSAT journey.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:27 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests