The Official December 2014 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
User avatar
santoki

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby santoki » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:55 pm

in all honesty...i need a 172. but do i do a 4th take if i dont get it?

penn w a 3.3 and 172 is still a longshot

:evil:

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:56 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Silver
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Dirigo wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly not afraid of the prospect of a retake. I feel great about this take, and I think I'll knock it out of the park, but if there must be a third, so be it. I'm not giving up until I hit 170+.

LOL @ GT backtracking from his previously stated tiger mom mentality.
"I HAVE NO OPTION OTHER THAN TO SCORE A 178."
"DEATH > FAILURE."

There was a time I sincerely hoped you would get another 166 cuz you got annoying af for awhile there. Sorry bro. I hope you get that 174+ this time though.


I have never, ever had that mentality.

But thx bae :mrgreen:
Last edited by GreenTee on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:58 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Silver
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:00 pm

.
Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
santoki

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby santoki » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Dirigo wrote:
santoki wrote:in all honesty...i need a 172. but do i do a 4th take if i dont get it?

penn w a 3.3 and 172 is still a longshot

:evil:

What's your current highest score?
And why penn specifically? It's a great school, I just haven't heard many people have it as their ultimate.


primarily location. not sure if that is a horrible way to go about this, but id love to stay in PA. nothing else here til temple, and thats a no-can-do

edit: current highest 174

cavalier2015

Bronze
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby cavalier2015 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:09 pm

predictions to what we can expect? (always a good time waster)

my guesses:
RC: about the same as the recent ones
LR: easier than LR2 of 73..please
LG: more along the lines of 71

-12 curve

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:15 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Avatar

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby The Avatar » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Not sure what to expect in Dec. but after getting destroyed in Sept. with PT 73, I'll take a hard game or passage any day. As long as LR is of average difficulty, I will be pleased.

User avatar
dasani13

Silver
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:38 pm

The Avatar wrote:Not sure what to expect in Dec. but after getting destroyed in Sept. with PT 73, I'll take a hard game or passage any day. As long as LR is of average difficulty, I will be pleased.


Best scenario for me would be a killer RC since I wouldn't even notice it anyway.

User avatar
Shakawkaw

Gold
Posts: 4807
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:42 pm

dasani13 wrote:
The Avatar wrote:Not sure what to expect in Dec. but after getting destroyed in Sept. with PT 73, I'll take a hard game or passage any day. As long as LR is of average difficulty, I will be pleased.


Best scenario for me would be a killer RC since I wouldn't even notice it anyway.


:mrgreen:

User avatar
santoki

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby santoki » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Dirigo wrote:I meant your current highest official score. Or at least I'm assuming nobody would be retaking a 174 and hoping for a 172, but maybe you're weird af.

And location is a good reason. I figured PA roots. And you're right, Penn is the only school in the state worth going to unless you have very modest goals.


165 in june2012. 162 Oct 2013.

December will treat me well :lol:

Yeezus

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:46 pm

scandk wrote:What are you guys aiming for, by section? I mean, ideally, we'd -0 everything, but...

I'm shooting for

-0/1 LG
-3/4 LR
-3/4 RC

Assuming -11 curve, 172-175.

Ideally, if I have enough chi to go SS4, -0 LG, -3 LR, -2 RC on a -14 test for a 178. Right now I'll settle for super saiyan anything tho (over 170).


Shooting for pretty much the same breakdown as you. I'm capable of going -0 on each section and have done it multiple times before, but realistically, I'd be ecstatic with -0 LG, -3/4 LR, -3/4 RC.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:46 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeezus

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:48 pm

monadologist wrote:So, should we rewrite in Feb or June? haha jk


Do not speak of such things. Not that it matters for me. I'm done with the LSAT either way on Saturday.

Yeezus

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Dirigo wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly not afraid of the prospect of a retake. I feel great about this take, and I think I'll knock it out of the park, but if there must be a third, so be it. I'm not giving up until I hit 170+.

LOL @ GT backtracking from his previously stated tiger mom mentality.
"I HAVE NO OPTION OTHER THAN TO SCORE A 178."
"DEATH > FAILURE."

There was a time I sincerely hoped you would get another 166 cuz you got annoying af for awhile there. Sorry bro. I hope you get that 174+ this time though.


I've experienced that, and I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Well maybe on my worst enemy. But still, fuck 166. It's officially my least favorite number ever.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:53 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

believeland

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby believeland » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Phew, long-time lurker checking in. Nerves are starting to kick in, so I thought I'd post.

Haven't taken the test before, studied for six months (balanced with full-time job).

Have done most of the PTs (40-70) over the past few months under timed conditions and with a fake experimental. Average is a 174-175, with two 168 outliers (freaked out).

Got a 178 on PT72 and a 180 on PT70 this week. All I got left is 73. Do I take it tomorrow? I hear it's a confidence crusher.

Yeezus

Bronze
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Dirigo wrote:I wonder what the popular TLS score will be for December.


171

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:57 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Avatar

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby The Avatar » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:00 pm

believeland wrote:Phew, long-time lurker checking in. Nerves are starting to kick in, so I thought I'd post.

Haven't taken the test before, studied for six months (balanced with full-time job).

Have done most of the PTs (40-70) over the past few months under timed conditions and with a fake experimental. Average is a 174-175, with two 168 outliers (freaked out).

Got a 178 on PT72 and a 180 on PT70 this week. All I got left is 73. Do I take it tomorrow? I hear it's a confidence crusher.


How do you approach RC? And let us know how you do on 73 because I find it more difficult than 72.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:01 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:02 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Silver
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:02 pm

YeezusPiece wrote:
Dirigo wrote:I wonder what the popular TLS score will be for December.


171


PRAISE YEEZUS

User avatar
unodostres

Silver
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:06 pm

i wonder if a clan game will come up

i just did 3 of them i think they are pretty rare enough to make a come back



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests