The Official December 2014 Study Group

koala-fy

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby koala-fy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:18 pm

GreenTee wrote:Someone from Charlotte texted me to brag that 100% of Charlotte students have "real legal experience" upon graduation (meaning clinics, obv). I texted back: "Sadly for Charlotte students, 'legal experience' does not always lead to gainful legal employment. Unsubscribe."

Yes! This is the text I got. Did you get a response? I would love to hear what they have to say.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:22 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:23 pm

parkcity wrote:Thanks Dirigo, that's helpful. I just need to be more organized. I think my problem is that I never listened to JY and spent time with the rules upfront. Today was the first time I did that and it went surprisingly well compared to my past sad, sad performances.

PT 63 went OK. I got:
-3/LR1
-5/LG
-7/LR2 (not sure what happened here, ran out of time for the last 4 Qs)
-3/RC

for a total of 165

Grats! That RC score is so lovely.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Dirigo wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Someone from Charlotte texted me to brag that 100% of Charlotte students have "real legal experience" upon graduation (meaning clinics, obv). I texted back: "Sadly for Charlotte students, 'legal experience' does not always lead to gainful legal employment. Unsubscribe."

Pic or didn't happen.
Stop trying to impress the ladies. You're not ergo.

Rigo, you know you're the only person GT tries to impress.

ETA: As in, he has told me this.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:49 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rek2818

Postby Rek2818 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 pm

For those of you that haven taken some of the most recent PTS (i.e, 68-73), have you noticed that some of the LR questions tend not to be in order of difficulty as uniformly as prior tests. I took PT 71 today and noticed that some of the questions that I perceived to be difficult usually appeared earlier in the section than usual.

Also, I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to get into a groove like I have with prior PTs. Any thoughts?

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Rek2818 wrote:For those of you that haven taken some of the most recent PTS (i.e, 68-73), have you noticed that some of the LR questions tend not to be in order of difficulty as uniformly as prior tests. I took PT 71 today and noticed that some of the questions that I perceived to be difficult usually appeared earlier in the section than usual.

Also, I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to get into a groove like I have with prior PTs. Any thoughts?

I definitely think this is a thing. This is mostly why I've steered away from the 15 min at question 15 benchmark. I just make sure I have 10 minutes left at question 20. Helps maintain my composure and prevent a freakout if I perceive that I am going slower than usual at the beginning of the section.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

portmanteaux

Postby portmanteaux » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Rek2818 wrote:For those of you that haven taken some of the most recent PTS (i.e, 68-73), have you noticed that some of the LR questions tend not to be in order of difficulty as uniformly as prior tests. I took PT 71 today and noticed that some of the questions that I perceived to be difficult usually appeared earlier in the section than usual.

I agree! I took 71/72 today. I think on 72 the hardest question for me was q. 13 or 14. I think they key is to make sure this doesn't derail you, let yourself spend more time on the earlier questions. How was your timing? I kept an eye on the time, just to make sure one question didn't take up too much time, and I was around q. 13 at 15 minutes, but I was still able to finish the sections in 71 sections with a few minutes left. The LR was a little more challenging for me on 72.

Rek2818

Postby Rek2818 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 pm

portmanteaux wrote:

I agree! I took 71/72 today. I think on 72 the hardest question for me was q. 13 or 14. I think they key is to make sure this doesn't derail you, let yourself spend more time on the earlier questions. How was your timing? I kept an eye on the time, just to make sure one question didn't take up too much time, and I was around q. 13 at 15 minutes, but I was still able to finish the sections in 71 sections with a few minutes left. The LR was a little more challenging for me on 72.

Timing was definitely poor in comparison to previous tests. I'm usually able to groove through the first fifteen questions and finish with a couple of minutes left, but the LR section tripped me up a bit this time. In previous weeks I usually PT'd or drilled sections in the tests ranging from 30-45 to save some tests in the 50s if I decide to retake, so I'm adjusting to the evolution of the section. The LR seems to be a bit more difficult, but I'm assuming that I just need to adjust and cope with the fact that I might have to skip a particularly difficult question that pops up early in the test.

Thanks for the input!

Rek2818

Postby Rek2818 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 pm

mornincounselor wrote:I definitely notice one level 3/4 (according to 7sage) in the first 10 and a level 5 around 15 on the 70s. 23 is always one of the hardest questions, the final question is generally easier.

Yeah the last question on the first LR section of PT 71 was a gimmie.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 pm

ive been missing 2-3 on my lg that i've been doing

why

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 pm

unodostres wrote:ive been missing 2-3 on my lg that i've been doing

why

I did a game and misread a rule and got 5 wrong. YAY!

Glad to have these fibs before test day so I can avoid them day of. Have you been getting them right after BR, uno? Or are they just not clicking?

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:

why

Glad to have these fibs before test day so I can avoid them day of. Have you been getting them right after BR, uno? Or are they just not clicking?

br i get them right. just fubb them under pressure. really annoyed. wut bout u?

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:35 pm

unodostres wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

why

br i get them right. just fubb them under pressure. really annoyed. wut bout u?

Ditto. Not sure how to fix that, tbh.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 pm

I took 73 today and went -3 on LR1: #9,10, and 11.

ETA: But I haven't reviewed the test yet so idk if they're actually hard questions or if I fucked up

ETA2: LR1* not LR2!
Last edited by dasani13 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeezus

Postby Yeezus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm

dasani13 wrote:

I took 73 today and went -3 on LR2: #9,10, and 11.

ETA: But I haven't reviewed the test yet so idk if they're actually hard questions or if I fucked up

How'd you do on the retake? I have yet to take it again, but I'm planning on doing so this week.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm

YeezusPiece wrote:
dasani13 wrote:

I took 73 today and went -3 on LR2: #9,10, and 11.

How'd you do on the retake? I have yet to take it again, but I'm planning on doing so this week.

I messed up on the 2nd game this time and got 3 additional questions wrong compared my LG score on on test day lol. I did much better in LR, though. I hadn't checked what I got right/wrong on test day and I remembered only like 3 questions so both LR sections felt new to me. RC was a shitshow just like test day and every other PT-- that passage about the photographer is just ridiculous. I ended up with -2 on it but ran out of time because of it so a total of -6.

portmanteaux

Postby portmanteaux » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:12 am

Has anyone done game 1 from PT 72 recently?

I watched the 7sage explanation of the set up but I'm still a little confused. I got thrown off because it says N is the longest of the 5 reports, and S is the shortest of the 5 reports. This made me think the sequencing in each segment was related; that out of the shortest in segment 1 and the shortest is segment 2,1 had to be shorter than the other since S has to be the shortest of the 5.

The 7sage explanation made it seem so simple, but he doesn't address this idea and I'm wondering if anyone else thought this and was able to change the way they thought about the rules.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:40 am

portmanteaux wrote:Has anyone done game 1 from PT 72 recently?

I watched the 7sage explanation of the set up but I'm still a little confused. I got thrown off because it says N is the longest of the 5 reports, and S is the shortest of the 5 reports. This made me think the sequencing in each segment was related; that out of the shortest in segment 1 and the shortest is segment 2,1 had to be shorter than the other since S has to be the shortest of the 5.

The 7sage explanation made it seem so simple, but he doesn't address this idea and I'm wondering if anyone else thought this and was able to change the way they thought about the rules.

the shortest of segment 1 doesn't have to be shorter than the shortest of 2

portmanteaux

Postby portmanteaux » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:51 am

dasani13 wrote:

How did you reconcile this with S is always the shortest of the five reports? Was this misleading to anyone else?

rion91

Postby rion91 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:23 am

portmanteaux wrote:
dasani13 wrote:

How did you reconcile this with S is always the shortest of the five reports? Was this misleading to anyone else?

the only thing i could get from it was that n could not be 2nd or 3rd and s could not be 1st (or 2nd if segment 1)

and holy moly i did horribly on pt 72. i was PTing 166 avg and this came along and i got a 158. wat. anyone else have a huge drop? it was mostly LR2 and LG that killed me. i guess my cats fighting causing me to lose my cool and pausing my timer messed me up a lot.

secadc11

Postby secadc11 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:59 am

Back in June, I took the LSAT and got a 161 - only 1 point better than my diagnostic from months earlier.

Last night I took that test again (72) and got a 174. I also did a fifth section and went only -1 on that (LR). Feeling pretty good about December.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:08 am

secadc11 wrote:Back in June, I took the LSAT and got a 161 - only 1 point better than my diagnostic from months earlier.

Last night I took that test again (72) and got a 174. I also did a fifth section and went only -1 on that (LR). Feeling pretty good about December.

Nice! Congrats :)

santoki

Postby santoki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:08 am

koala-fy wrote:
santoki wrote: signed up for june 2014 at villanova expecting the same testing site, but got ambushed and was placed in what is notoriously the WORST building on campus, with mini desk chairs. i couldnt get a lefty desk as a lefty, it was humid, construction was going on, RC section 1 kicked my ass, so i got up and left.

Wait...did they seriously put it in Tolentine in June?! :shock:

ONE BATHROOM PER FLOOR.

i actually freaked out when i saw tolentine on the admissiont ticket :evil:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”