The Official December 2014 Study Group

Shakawkaw

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:11 pm

GreenTee wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Peta wrote:
Peta wrote:If I register for the December LSAT and decide to cancel my registration within the next few weeks, would a school at which I'm waitlisted be able to see this and look at my application less favorably as a result?

Anyone know?

What you're referring to is technically referred to as a withdrawal, and schools will have no way of seeing you withdrew. You can withdraw without a paper trail--so to say--up until midnight of December 5th.
A cancel is when you cancel your score after already sitting for the test. Schools will be able to see that.

Yerp. Was just coming here to post this. If you withdraw before the deadline, it doesn't count as a take, and nobody will ever be able to see that you withdrew.

Technically if you told them to expect a December score, and then said jk, wouldn't they suspect that you withdrew? Either that or you never registered I guess.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:17 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dmarieb

Postby dmarieb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Is anyone in here taking for the first time in December? If so, are you submitting apps before the test/before scores are released or waiting until you receive your score? Is there any benefit in submitting apps before the scores are released? They are going to hold apps if there is no LSAT score yet, correct?

I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to submit before score release - would the CAS report go out to schools faster if my apps are already submitted by that time? Thanks!

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:30 pm

dmarieb wrote:Is anyone in here taking for the first time in December? If so, are you submitting apps before the test/before scores are released or waiting until you receive your score? Is there any benefit in submitting apps before the scores are released? They are going to hold apps if there is no LSAT score yet, correct?

I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to submit before score release - would the CAS report go out to schools faster if my apps are already submitted by that time? Thanks!

I'm taking it for the first time as well. I'm going to wait until scores are released before I make a decision whether to apply or postpone the cycle.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

dmarieb wrote:Is anyone in here taking for the first time in December? If so, are you submitting apps before the test/before scores are released or waiting until you receive your score? Is there any benefit in submitting apps before the scores are released? They are going to hold apps if there is no LSAT score yet, correct?

ya dont wanna pay all these app fees and then get ur score to find out you sent apps to places that are out of the picture (received too low or high score) then ya just wasted money, and may still have to send new apps cuz you aced the test and thought the schools in your reach were way out of reach

Read: Waiting for score b4 submitting

dmarieb

Postby dmarieb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Jgoods wrote:

ya dont wanna pay all these app fees and then get ur score to find out you sent apps to places that are out of the picture (received too low or high score) then ya just wasted money, and may still have to send new apps cuz you aced the test and thought the schools in your reach were way out of reach

Read: Waiting for score b4 submitting

Thank you both.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Technically if you told them to expect a December score, and then said jk, wouldn't they suspect that you withdrew? Either that or you never registered I guess.

Why are you making up facts?
I don't see why someone would shout to the world that they're retaking on a specific date and then not retake.

I assumed that since OP was waitlisted, he notified the school that he was retaking.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:48 pm

dmarieb

Postby dmarieb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Technically if you told them to expect a December score, and then said jk, wouldn't they suspect that you withdrew? Either that or you never registered I guess.

Why are you making up facts?
I don't see why someone would shout to the world that they're retaking on a specific date and then not retake.

I assumed that since OP was waitlisted, he notified the school that he was retaking.

Unless OP told you via PM they were waitlisted, there is no evidence that is the case.

The OP asked in his original post if schools he was waitlisted at would find out he withdrew from the retake. I remember (and went back to double check) because I was wondering that, too. On the apps it asks if you are planning to retake, and from what I've read on here sometimes a school will either wait to review or waitlist until the new score comes in. So what happens if you stated that on the apps and they are waiting for that and then you decide not to take it?

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Dirigo wrote:I'm personally waiting. Oftentimes people are shocked by their scores and I don't want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications to schools that may turn out to be out of reach when I get my December score back.

^ This.

Also, fee waivers.

And also, schools won't review your file until you have an LSAT score, so the earlier submit date doesn't help you.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:52 pm

dmarieb wrote:The OP asked in his original post if schools he was waitlisted at would find out he withdrew from the retake. I remember (and went back to double check) because I was wondering that, too. On the apps it asks if you are planning to retake, and from what I've read on here sometimes a school will either wait to review or waitlist until the new score comes in. So what happens if you stated that on the apps and they are waiting for that and then you decide not to take it?

Is it possible to be already sitting on a waitlist this early in the cycle? Seems fishy.

dmarieb

Postby dmarieb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Dirigo wrote:

I'm personally waiting. Oftentimes people are shocked by their scores and I don't want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications to schools that may turn out to be out of reach when I get my December score back.

I'm only applying to 3 schools because I cannot relocate. So I'm not sure if I should still wait or not since the schools I am applying to don't depend on what score I get. (Though depending on the score I may retake for more scholarship money). I wasn't sure if the speed at which the CAS report is sent depends on if you submit apps before or after scores are released.

dmarieb

Postby dmarieb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:52 pm

GreenTee wrote:
Dirigo wrote:I'm personally waiting. Oftentimes people are shocked by their scores and I don't want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications to schools that may turn out to be out of reach when I get my December score back.

^ This.

Also, fee waivers.

And also, schools won't review your file until you have an LSAT score, so the earlier submit date doesn't help you.

I didn't think about fee waivers, good point. Thanks.

dmarieb

Postby dmarieb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:53 pm

GreenTee wrote:
dmarieb wrote:The OP asked in his original post if schools he was waitlisted at would find out he withdrew from the retake. I remember (and went back to double check) because I was wondering that, too. On the apps it asks if you are planning to retake, and from what I've read on here sometimes a school will either wait to review or waitlist until the new score comes in. So what happens if you stated that on the apps and they are waiting for that and then you decide not to take it?

Is it possible to be already sitting on a waitlist this early in the cycle? Seems fishy.

I know Miami has already waitlisted people. So it would seem that other schools might have, too.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Just finished my 30 Strengthen Questions of varying difficulty (probably a bit more on the easier side)

27/30!

-I recognized maybe 4-5 of the Q's and the answers but I was able to distinguish WHY the CR is correct and others are wrong so I guess thats what counts?)
-Of the 3 missed, I misread the stimulus wrong on 2. The other one I straight up didn't know period.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Post removed...

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm

pta

Post removed...

Postby pta » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Post removed...

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Peta wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Peta wrote::P I'll clarify.
I was "deferred" from EA to RD but in my hypothetical used waitlist because I didn't feel like explaining what being deferred meant.

They'll be able to see if you're signed up for any future test so there's no need to alert them that you'll be retaking.
Are your current numbers competitive? LSAT higher than 163?

May I PM you?

I may not have any insight, but go for it.

Rigo isnt as smart as he comes off :mrgreen:

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”