The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Jgoods wrote:Who wouldve thought RC would be my best section here...

Yeah I thought RC here was better than usual and oddly enough I thought the stained glass was easier than the 3rd game and on part with the first :shock:[/quote]

Dammit, just watched the videos on those 2 games...the nerves definitely got me there. Wrote down the initial rules right, but missed the Y P inference and went all downhill. Guessed my way to a 4/7 on this game, but horrendous on the next one cuz of guessing.

One positive out of this is that I definitely improved my endurance. Since my class diag test a month ago, I was dead after my first 5-section test. Now, I feel like I can study for a couple more hours today. :roll:

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Dirigo wrote:
flash21 wrote:worst score yet, 159 on pt 72.. bombed games hard.. even the easy ones for some reason.
got only 11 correct! other sections I think I got about 20-21 range.
Keep bombing games sections.. dont really know what to do :/ . Not always, but it seems to happening commonly enough that I am pretty worried about it.

I happens once in awhile even to the best of us.
It happening frequently probably speaks to a larger issue of not really knowing how to comfortably set each game up. Me losing points on LG often traces back to when I'm reviewing and realize I set up a game very inefficiently.
Have you been drilling games like crazy and using 7sage?



I need to drill more I think.. but honestly I dont know. certain game sections own me worse than others, even when they are not the "difficult" ones. For example, my last PT I had 18 correct on LG, opposed to 11 in those one. The last PT's game section was overall harder IMO!

I am going to start to drill a shit load now though, I was for a long time and strayed away abit when i began pt'ing.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 pm

..
Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:55 pm

mist4bison wrote:Is it one particular type of game that gives you problems? Or maybe even one particular type of question? I know CBT/CBF eat up a lot of my time.


Speaking of drills...I'm going back to SA/NA drilling tomorrow...I haven't drilled them since my BP course started and we haven't learned them yet...As a result, I went 2/8 today...pretty shitty. lol

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:58 pm

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:02 pm

mist4bison wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Is it one particular type of game that gives you problems? Or maybe even one particular type of question? I know CBT/CBF eat up a lot of my time.


Speaking of drills...I'm going back to SA/NA drilling tomorrow...I haven't drilled them since my BP course started and we haven't learned them yet...As a result, I went 2/8 today...pretty shitty. lol


I hate that about LR. I'll feel like I master one type, then go on to a few others, then when I go back to the one I thought I'd mastered originally I'm just okay at it. I really need to start doing sections rather than types.


Seriously. My class definitely helped me improve on MBT/MSS and Flaw's, but haven't drilled Assumptions in over 5-6 weeks so I suck atm. hah.

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Late start today, but so far I've drilled 8 RC passages and 100 LR (50 NA, 15 SA, 20 parallel, and 15 Principle ID). After dinner, I'm planning to do at least 8 games and another 8 RC.

Happy studying, friends!

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:08 pm

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:15 pm

mist4bison wrote:I missed the MBT/MSS class, which is literally the one I needed most. Ugh. Is it hard for you to keep up with the hw? I can do the hw from Wed before the Mon class, but from Mon to Wed it's the same amount of hw and I hardly ever get past a few LR questions.


Not for me personally because I don't have a job other than helping out with my family business at times.

I was reminded today that winter season=sickness. Throughout the PT, there were constant coughs, sniffles, and sneezes...lol.
Keep your diet and exercise on point everyone!

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 9029
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 pm

theugg wrote:I know I said I would be taking my first PT Thursday but.... first PT tomorrow. Oops.


Same here ugg. Going to start with PT 65! No spoilers please :)

User avatar
koala-fy
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby koala-fy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:44 pm

GreenTee wrote:Late start today, but so far I've drilled 8 RC passages and 100 LR (50 NA, 15 SA, 20 parallel, and 15 Principle ID). After dinner, I'm planning to do at least 8 games and another 8 RC.


Goals.

Super impressive!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11954
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:56 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:33 pm

GreenTee wrote:Late start today, but so far I've drilled 8 RC passages and 100 LR (50 NA, 15 SA, 20 parallel, and 15 Principle ID). After dinner, I'm planning to do at least 8 games and another 8 RC.

Happy studying, friends!


Jesus Christ, you're going HAM. I've tried to get myself to study a ton every day, but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. It could be that I've already seen all the recent PTs twice at this point already, the Logic Games are starting to become muscle memory since I've done them all so many times, or that I'm still somewhat convinced that it's mainly the test day pressure that caused my poor score my past two times. Or maybe I'm just being lazy. I need some motivation...

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4752
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:35 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
theugg wrote:I know I said I would be taking my first PT Thursday but.... first PT tomorrow. Oops.


Same here ugg. Going to start with PT 65! No spoilers please :)

The answer is C

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby peppermint » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:59 pm

.
Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:20 pm

peppermint wrote:165 on PT 61 today. Kinda disappointed b/c I totally messed up on the 2nd LR. I just couldn't concentrate for some reason. Made a bunch of dumb mistakes early on and then ran out of time at the end so I had to guess on a few.

I'm still struggling with SA/NA questions so I need to drill them tomorrow. I need to start drilling sections too instead of by type, b/c I've been messing up on questions that I was previously good at. Ugh.


Welcome to the club. :oops:

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:22 pm

.
Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:32 pm

GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:Jesus Christ, you're going HAM. I've tried to get myself to study a ton every day, but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. It could be that I've already seen all the recent PTs twice at this point already, the Logic Games are starting to become muscle memory since I've done them all so many times, or that I'm still somewhat convinced that it's mainly the test day pressure that caused my poor score my past two times. Or maybe I'm just being lazy. I need some motivation...


I'm sure it was just test day pressure for me too. But my thought is that if the test day mindfuck isn't something I can control, then I'm just going to do everything in my power to make sure my LSAT game is so automatic that nothing can possibly throw me off.

Hope it works out this time.


How are you spacing out your prep to make sure you don't run out of materials too soon?

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:36 pm

GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:Jesus Christ, you're going HAM. I've tried to get myself to study a ton every day, but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. It could be that I've already seen all the recent PTs twice at this point already, the Logic Games are starting to become muscle memory since I've done them all so many times, or that I'm still somewhat convinced that it's mainly the test day pressure that caused my poor score my past two times. Or maybe I'm just being lazy. I need some motivation...


I'm sure it was just test day pressure for me too. But my thought is that if the test day mindfuck isn't something I can control, then I'm just going to do everything in my power to make sure my LSAT game is so automatic that nothing can possibly throw me off.

Hope it works out this time.


What is your strategy for LR? Do you use a set method?

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:40 pm

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:10 am

Shakawkaw wrote:How are you spacing out your prep to make sure you don't run out of materials too soon?


I really don't think there's such a thing as "running out" of materials, unless you've literally memorized every correct and incorrect answer to every LSAT question ever released. Everything I'm drilling right now I've already seen, but I remember almost none of it. And even when I do remember the gist of a passage/question/game, it's still great practice to reason through it again.

I'm just treating this like strength training. The more reps you do, the stronger you get.
Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:14 am

YeezusPiece wrote:What is your strategy for LR? Do you use a set method?


The Trainer helped me lay a really solid foundation for LR. I haven't used any other materials for LR because I felt like everything I needed to learn was in that book.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Yeezus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 am

GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:What is your strategy for LR? Do you use a set method?


The Trainer helped me lay a really solid foundation for LR. I haven't used any other materials for LR because I felt like everything I needed to learn was in that book.


Was this recent, or did you use the Trainer from day 1? I'm considering it at the moment, but I'm not sure if 30 days is enough to build from the ground up again.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Baby Gaga, laqueredup, ngogirl12, PresidentIJohnson, towel13661, Vino.Veritas and 5 guests