The Official December 2014 Study Group

Shakawkaw

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Ok so - do I grade it first, without looking at the answers, and just note which ones I got wrong? Or do I not even grade it before going into BR?

I would recommend not grading it first. Two reasons: (1) It becomes artificially easier to BR if you know how you scored because you can more easily guess how many points you lost and where you lost them. (2) The desire to know how you scored will motivate you to complete the review in a reasonable amount of time. Before Sept, I often scored blind just to see what I got, then blind reviewed. But I noticed that I would lost motivation to finish the review if I already had the validation of a score.

eta skuped.

Yeah, that's basically what I was doing for Sept (grading then BR, cuz impatient).

TY TLS.

Best,
J.Y.

The only issues I have with your question is you have a whole section of videos dedicated to BR and how to properly do it... Though I suppose your just looking for suggestions to improve it?

I am aware of the resources I have available on my website. Even though I am the founder of 7Sage, I only have a free account.

ETA - unusual, I would do another diagnostic. And by that I mean, do another PT and use that as your baseline.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Shakakaw wrote:ETA - unusual, I would do another diagnostic. And by that I mean, do another PT and use that as your baseline.

Jgoods wrote:i may be misreading this... but your diagnostic would still be the same diagnostic from when you first started studying.... no?

Jgoody, i think shaka answered my question...thanks.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:08 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
Shakakaw wrote:ETA - unusual, I would do another diagnostic. And by that I mean, do another PT and use that as your baseline.

Jgoods wrote:i may be misreading this... but your diagnostic would still be the same diagnostic from when you first started studying.... no?

1. that would be a reasonable douchey response if he were to have posted that b4 me... which he didnt.
2. yeah you can do another PT for a "diagnostic" but it wouldnt be a real diagnostic... so whats the point? its just a PT as GT said
Last edited by Smallville on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm with Jgoody on this one. It's not a diagnostic. It's just a PT.

ETA - That said, yes of course you should take a PT.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Jgoods wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

1. that would be a reasonable douchey response if he were to have posted that b4 me... which he didnt.
2. yeah you can do another PT for a "diagnostic" but it wouldnt be a real diagnostic... so whats the point? its just a PT as GT said

It's all relative, isn't it? As a retaker, you should be keeping track of your initial diagnostic and any other PTs you've done. You can never have another "true" diagnostic, since she's familiar with the test, as are all retakers. So at that point, I suggested taking another PT to gauge where she is at and use that as another point of comparison; diagnostic 2.0. Whatever.

Don't call unusual douchey. And don't call me a he.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:34 pm

This conversation just boils down to semantics. Every PT is a diagnostic, in the sense that we're trying to diagnose our weaknesses and correct them. But no PT after your first PT is a diagnostic in the sense that it captures your original starting point.
Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Jgoods wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

I was on my phone earlier when I responded...so I had a hard enough time quoting you guys in the first place...what I meant was: is it super important to establish a new baseline with a PT (for the purposes of putting a score on lsatqa or 7sage) or just use my last lsat score and keep studying and PT when I get to a place where I feel like it's important to do so. I was not being snarky for once Jgoods, I was saying thanks to you both for contributing an answer.

ETA: what shaka said last (I thought you were a she, just for the record) and what GT said

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:36 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Don't call unusual douchey. And don't call me a he.

J.Y. is a he, you present urself as J.Y., only makes sense to say he so not my fault

GreenTee wrote:So much gender confusion ITT.
This conversation just boils down to semantics. Every PT is a diagnostic, in the sense that we're trying to diagnose our weaknesses and correct them. But no PT after your first PT is a diagnostic in the sense that it captures your original starting point.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Don't call unusual douchey.

I think this is the important take away here

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Just drill and Review, pt every once in awhile and stfu.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Sorry folks, no BR on this one. I'm going out for a good part of the afternoon and I'm too impatient to wait. LOLOL.

My first real consistent PT.

PT 54 w/ 7sage app

RC: 20/27 (I enjoyed the drilling science and internet legal one a lot)
LR: 20/26
LG: 19/23 (games weren't too bad, just careless mistakes throughout (-1 -1 -0 -2)
10 minute break
LR: 19/25

Raw: 78
Score: 160

Note: I could tell this was an easier test, hence the -10 curve. I'm still getting the hang of a more proctored setting rather than using a timer on the laptop. If I can consistently score 160+ on future PT's + stay up to date on BP course/drill, I'll feel ready for Dec 6th.

Be back online in a few hours!

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:40 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
I was on my phone earlier when I responded...so I had a hard enough time quoting you guys in the first place...what I meant was: is it super important to establish a new baseline with a PT (for the purposes of putting a score on lsatqa or 7sage) or just use my last lsat score and keep studying and PT when I get to a place where I feel like it's important to do so. I was not being snarky for once Jgoods, I was saying thanks to you both for contributing an answer.

ETA: what shaka said last (I thought you were a she, just for the record) and what GT said

I almost included a small thing saying to disregard if that was the case but decided not to bc well, its too tiring to even bother thinking about whats "snarky" or not with alot of people who have joined TT

But as to doing a PT when its important to do so seems a little odd to me, bc at this point you should be doing PT's atleast one day a week if not more bc well you want to have a feel for the test and be comfortable sitting down and doing section after section with time restraints. And yes you should def keep track of PT's bc they do tell you where you are and what you need to improve upon, just the word diagnostic may not have been the best word to use lol

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:42 pm

nlee10 wrote:Sorry folks, no BR on this one. I'm going out for a good part of the afternoon and I'm too impatient to wait. LOLOL.

My first real consistent PT.

PT 54 w/ 7sage app

RC: 20/27 (I enjoyed the drilling science and internet legal one a lot)
LR: 20/26
LG: 19/23 (games weren't too bad, just careless mistakes throughout (-1 -1 -0 -2)
10 minute break
LR: 19/25

Raw: 78
Score: 160

Note: I could tell this was an easier test, hence the -10 curve. I'm still getting the hang of a more proctored setting rather than using a timer on the laptop. If I can consistently score 160+ on future PT's + stay up to date on BP course/drill, I'll feel ready for Dec 6th.

Be back online in a few hours!

-_- come on nlee your stronger than that... and if you just HAVE to know atleast blind score(enter answers, see the score and ignore all breakdown/answers)

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Jgoods wrote: the word diagnostic may not have been the best word to use lol

This is what I get for trying to post an on-topic question. I was trying, obv I'm not good at it, or reading. Okayyyyy, now that that's established we can be moving on now.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:09 pm

Jgoods wrote:J.Y. is a he, you present urself as J.Y., only makes sense to say he so not my fault

I will never forgive you, JGoody.

ETA: Also, I present myself as J.Y.? I am J.Y. Which is precisely why I was infuriated by your assumption that I was a "he." My preferred gender pronoun is they/them. TYVM.
Last edited by Shakawkaw on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:09 pm

mornincounselor wrote:The authors of the past page of this thread are committed to agreeing that:

(A) A diagnostic practice test is only effective if taken before any LSAT prep has taken place.
(B) A diagnostic practice test is a tool for retakers to assess their weaknesses and strengths moving forward
(C) A person can only have a single prep test which truly constitutes a diagnostic practice test
(D) A person's gender is easily identifiable on an online forum
(E) Doing a practice test is a better use of one's time then arguing over the use of the term "diagnostic"

:D

Damn it, this is why I hate RC. They're all correct. TSO SUBJECTIVE

eta but really it's D

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:22 pm

GreenTee wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:The authors of the past page of this thread are committed to agreeing that:

(A) A diagnostic practice test is only effective if taken before any LSAT prep has taken place.
(B) A diagnostic practice test is a tool for retakers to assess their weaknesses and strengths moving forward
(C) A person can only have a single prep test which truly constitutes a diagnostic practice test
(D) A person's gender is easily identifiable on an online forum
(E) Doing a practice test is a better use of one's time then arguing over the use of the term "diagnostic"

:D

Damn it, this is why I hate RC. They're all correct. TSO SUBJECTIVE

eta but really it's D

D is always the answer. cuz hand jobs

KanGaHru

Postby KanGaHru » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Jgoods wrote:J.Y. is a he, you present urself as J.Y., only makes sense to say he so not my fault

I will never forgive you, JGoody.

ETA: Also, I present myself as J.Y.? I am J.Y. Which is precisely why I was infuriated by your assumption that I was a "he." My preferred gender pronoun is they/them. TYVM.

I prefer "one" and obviously "I" when referring to one's favored choice of "one" as not to create an uncertain amount of confusion.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:02 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:45 pm

Jgoods wrote:-_- come on nlee your stronger than that... and if you just HAVE to know atleast blind score(enter answers, see the score and ignore all breakdown/answers)

I've been doing that using lsatQA since my diagnostic lol.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Mods said if jgoods pw and doesn't catfish, they won't lounge the thread.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:52 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Mods said if jgoods everyone pw and doesn't catfish, they won't lounge the thread.

You're Marx, remember?
Last edited by Shakawkaw on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”