The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:31 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:What is going on?! What does this mean??

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates- ... a-december

Isn't there a normal December 6th LSAT? Or is that just the Spanish LSAT?

Thanks, Dirigo! So you'd recommend the Manhattan book for RC?


I'm unsure what I'm looking at, but yes--the standard English LSAT is administered on December 6th, 2014.

As for the recommendation, if you don't have any other prep books for RC, then sure! Why not?!
I always feel a little uncomfortable about recommending RC materials because I haven't really had anything do wonders for my RC score. I haven't really put any substantial time into improving on RC yet either though. Right now I fluctuate from -4 to -8 or even -10 if I'm really unlucky. I'm very inconsistent to say the least.
If you have the Powerscore RC, then I'd stick with that (and let me know how you like it) and finish it first. I find RC prep materials to always just state the obvious and improvement will come down to the individual test taker forming their own strategy through practice.



I was so nervous for a sec over December! (Seriously... I psych myself out SO often. You guys will soon, if you haven't already, see that).

I have the LG and LR Powerscore Bibles... I didn't get the RC one. So really, it's up for me to decide. I really don't know how to improve on RC, honestly. But I did already develop some strategies. And I'm a freaking government and history double major (all that reading in college did NOT help).

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:Thanks for the link!

I'm a full-time student and involved in multiple ECs, I can't ask anyone to reduce my hours. LOL

How short is the book, nlee10?


Sorry to steal this question, but I have the book right in front of me.
The most recent edition (2nd edition, I believe) has 171 Pages, but they fly by pretty quickly. The LR book also flew by pretty quickly. I find Manhattan books easy/enjoyable to read.


lol. It's all good...

My iPhone 6 just got delivered so I got distracted setting it up. LOL

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:52 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Dirigo wrote:Also, I was just made OP of this thread. I want to make a good OP post containing a lot of the advice we have given each other. It will most likely be advice that all comes down to "drill baby drill" (we take this for granted, but newcomers may have never considered drilling or know what that entails).
I'll purposely keep the OP pretty general, but feel free to voice to me at any time your thoughts on what should be added to--or clarified in--the initial post.
Letting me know what advice has been most helpful to you personally will also allow me to gauge what would be most useful to new users.

Thanks in advance to all you OG Decemberers and the wise Septembers (should you decide on a retake). :D

gratz brah

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:I was so nervous for a sec over December! (Seriously... I psych myself out SO often. You guys will soon, if you haven't already, see that).


/quote]

LOL

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:09 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Also, I was just made OP of this thread. I want to make a good OP post containing a lot of the advice we have given each other. It will most likely be advice that all comes down to "drill baby drill" (we take this for granted, but newcomers may have never considered drilling or know what that entails).
I'll purposely keep the OP pretty general, but feel free to voice to me at any time your thoughts on what should be added to--or clarified in--the initial post.
Letting me know what advice has been most helpful to you personally will also allow me to gauge what would be most useful to new users.

Thanks in advance to all you OG Decemberers and the wise Septembers (should you decide on a retake). :D

gratz brah


Thank you so much. *starts to cry* Dreams do come true. I'd like to thank The Academy, Jesus...


You're going into the wrong profession if you want to thank The Academy ;)

I'm just going to stop studying for the LSAT and become an ACTRESS! <3

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:17 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Also, I was just made OP of this thread. I want to make a good OP post containing a lot of the advice we have given each other. It will most likely be advice that all comes down to "drill baby drill" (we take this for granted, but newcomers may have never considered drilling or know what that entails).
I'll purposely keep the OP pretty general, but feel free to voice to me at any time your thoughts on what should be added to--or clarified in--the initial post.
Letting me know what advice has been most helpful to you personally will also allow me to gauge what would be most useful to new users.

Thanks in advance to all you OG Decemberers and the wise Septembers (should you decide on a retake). :D

gratz brah


Thank you so much. *starts to cry* Dreams do come true. I'd like to thank The Academy, Jesus...


You're going into the wrong profession if you want to thank The Academy ;)

I'm just going to stop studying for the LSAT and become an ACTRESS! <3

dooooooooo it

eta: after you ace the LSAT

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:19 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Jgoods wrote:dooooooooo it

eta: after you ace the LSAT


Awww shtoopppp

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:I'm just going to stop studying for the LSAT and become an ACTRESS! <3

Satisfy both of your dreams by playing a lawyer/law student in a hit TV show.


But then I won't be eligible for an Oscar, just for an Emmy ;)

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:54 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods wrote:dooooooooo it

eta: after you ace the LSAT


Awww shtoopppp

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:I'm just going to stop studying for the LSAT and become an ACTRESS! <3

Satisfy both of your dreams by playing a lawyer/law student in a hit TV show.


But then I won't be eligible for an Oscar, just for an Emmy ;)

tv is the start, then you become a singer (if you get in with disney... all their actresses become singers) and then get your movie deals... gotta think long run

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Jgoods wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods wrote:dooooooooo it

eta: after you ace the LSAT


Awww shtoopppp

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:I'm just going to stop studying for the LSAT and become an ACTRESS! <3

Satisfy both of your dreams by playing a lawyer/law student in a hit TV show.


But then I won't be eligible for an Oscar, just for an Emmy ;)

tv is the start, then you become a singer (if you get in with disney... all their actresses become singers) and then get your movie deals... gotta think long run


Hoorah for long-term planning! It all starts with LG drilling ;)

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:14 pm

.
Last edited by nlee10 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jrdavila09
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:16 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby jrdavila09 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Dirigo wrote:Also, I was just made OP of this thread. I want to make a good OP post containing a lot of the advice we have given each other. It will most likely be advice that all comes down to "drill baby drill" (we take this for granted, but newcomers may have never considered drilling or know what that entails).
I'll purposely keep the OP pretty general, but feel free to voice to me at any time your thoughts on what should be added to--or clarified in--the initial post.
Letting me know what advice has been most helpful to you personally will also allow me to gauge what would be most useful to new users.

Thanks in advance to all you OG Decemberers and the wise Septembers (should you decide on a retake). :D



Don't forget to mention DRILLING. I cant stress this enough. ;)

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:40 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Dirigo wrote:
jrdavila09 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Also, I was just made OP of this thread. I want to make a good OP post containing a lot of the advice we have given each other. It will most likely be advice that all comes down to "drill baby drill" (we take this for granted, but newcomers may have never considered drilling or know what that entails).
I'll purposely keep the OP pretty general, but feel free to voice to me at any time your thoughts on what should be added to--or clarified in--the initial post.
Letting me know what advice has been most helpful to you personally will also allow me to gauge what would be most useful to new users.

Thanks in advance to all you OG Decemberers and the wise Septembers (should you decide on a retake). :D



Don't forget to mention DRILLING. I cant stress this enough. ;)


WAIT WHAT?! Like for oil? What does that have to do with the LSAT? AM I MISSING SOMETHING??!! Help I'm desperate; I really need to improve 15 points before Saturday!!!! :cry: :cry:


ME TOO OMG!

I took PrepTest #67 today and it wasn't very kind to me ;(.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:42 pm

So this just happened:

Me: I don't think that (all) people who find enjoyment out of Sharknado have a well-developed sense of irony
Alexandra: Bien sur they do! Because I have an EXCELLENT sense of humour, AND she liked Sharknado

What flaw exists in Alexandra’s reasoning?
a) She establishes as fact something that is merely an opinion
b) She uses the word “humour” in a different way than I do
c) Her sample is not representative of the population as a whole
d) She mistakes a sufficient condition for a necessary one
e) She criticizes the person making the argument as opposed to the argument itself


I just turned a conversation with my friend into an LR question :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:04 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:So this just happened:

Me: I don't think that (all) people who find enjoyment out of Sharknado have a well-developed sense of irony
Alexandra: Bien sur they do! Because I have an EXCELLENT sense of humour, AND she liked Sharknado

What flaw exists in Alexandra’s reasoning?
a) She establishes as fact something that is merely an opinion
b) She uses the word “humour” in a different way than I do
c) Her sample is not representative of the population as a whole
d) She mistakes a sufficient condition for a necessary one
e) She criticizes the person making the argument as opposed to the argument itself


I just turned a conversation with my friend into an LR question :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

her flaw is she talks about herself AND some random 3rd party woman, just because alexandra has a excellent sense of humor and the other woman likes sharknado doesn't mean they relate to each other :)

I mean she could still be referring to herself but then that's just weird :p

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Jgoods wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:So this just happened:

Me: I don't think that (all) people who find enjoyment out of Sharknado have a well-developed sense of irony
Alexandra: Bien sur they do! Because I have an EXCELLENT sense of humour, AND she liked Sharknado

What flaw exists in Alexandra’s reasoning?
a) She establishes as fact something that is merely an opinion
b) She uses the word “humour” in a different way than I do
c) Her sample is not representative of the population as a whole
d) She mistakes a sufficient condition for a necessary one
e) She criticizes the person making the argument as opposed to the argument itself


I just turned a conversation with my friend into an LR question :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

her flaw is she talks about herself AND some random 3rd party woman, just because alexandra has a excellent sense of humor and the other woman likes sharknado doesn't mean they relate to each other :)

I mean she could still be referring to herself but then that's just weird :p


hahahaha well actually that's not the flaw because it's supposed to be "I":Because I have an EXCELLENT sense of humour, AND I liked Sharknado

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Don't feel like studying today. Lol

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:40 pm

nlee10 wrote:Don't feel like studying today. Lol


I needed to go over the last PrepTest I did, but I didn't feel like it so I redid the December 1997 LG section :shock:

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:45 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
nlee10 wrote:Don't feel like studying today. Lol


I needed to go over the last PrepTest I did, but I didn't feel like it so I redid the December 1997 LG section :shock:

Game 3 is tricky if you don't notate the rules effectively.


I actually did Game 3 well (not the first time I'm looking at any of these). But it still took me 40 minutes and 51 seconds to do all four (with two mistakes in game 4).

Would you say it is beneficial to draw all possible diagrams for game 4?

Aww Jgoods, thanks for that! It put a smile on my face :D




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], GioChanturia and 13 guests