The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:52 pm

So, you never drilled? Or if you did drill, you timed it?

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Just got done with some LR.

10/10 Role
17/20 Flaw
8/10 Parallel/Parallel Flaw

Going to try to do most, if not all of 6 grouping games and 6 RC passages left in my hw today.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 pm

schmelling wrote:I don't get why anyone would be doing 6 section tests


schmelling wrote:If you want to work on fatigue do an individual ungraded section immediately after all 5 sections of a PT have been completed.


I think that's what they mean by a 6-section PT, no?

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:12 pm

schmelling wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:So, you never drilled? Or if you did drill, you timed it?


NOOO!

I'm sorry if you took what I said to mean I was against drilling. I just meant the term "untimed PT" is really dumb, as it is just drilling, and not the best way to drill, since hours pass before you go back to review what you did in the first section.

Drilling is so much more important than PTing.

I drilled untimed almost always. Except when I would drill logic games, and sometimes RC, in timed drilling I would time up instead of count down, I had timing issues on LG/RC that needed work in the last month, the first six weeks I drilled LG and RC pretty much completely untimed.


Thanks for the response, schmell.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:18 pm

schmelling wrote: nor will someone taking 4-section tests, which have the added detriment of not preparing you for the longer exam on test day.

Again, it depends on what type of test taker you are. Standardized tests don't bother me at all. You could be tearing the building down around me and it wouldn't rattle me. I regularly did homework while in a giant crowd with tons of conversations going on around me, music playing, cows making noises etc. I don't get fatigued by long tests. I am not saying that this would work for everyone, or even anyone else for that matter, but it does work just fine for me.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:34 pm

schmelling wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
schmelling wrote: nor will someone taking 4-section tests, which have the added detriment of not preparing you for the longer exam on test day.

Again, it depends on what type of test taker you are. Standardized tests don't bother me at all. You could be tearing the building down around me and it wouldn't rattle me. I regularly did homework while in a giant crowd with tons of conversations going on around me, music playing, cows making noises etc. I don't get fatigued by long tests. I am not saying that this would work for everyone, or even anyone else for that matter, but it does work just fine for me.

I don't see the point in making your PTs vary from actual tests in any way if you can control it, but I can only offer my advice. in the end its up to the individual.

It saves time and sections for PTs and drilling.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:02 pm

schmelling wrote:
I drilled untimed almost always. Except when I would drill logic games, and sometimes RC, in timed drilling I would time up instead of count down, I had timing issues on LG/RC that needed work in the last month, the first six weeks I drilled LG and RC pretty much completely untimed.


I drill LR and time up instead of count down for LG, too! TWINSSS!!!!!

Stupid question... do I need to physically go to the bursar's office on my campus to get them to mail my transcripts with that LSAC CAS paper thing? =\

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:10 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
schmelling wrote:
I drilled untimed almost always. Except when I would drill logic games, and sometimes RC, in timed drilling I would time up instead of count down, I had timing issues on LG/RC that needed work in the last month, the first six weeks I drilled LG and RC pretty much completely untimed.


I drill LR and time up instead of count down for LG, too! TWINSSS!!!!!

Stupid question... do I need to physically go to the bursar's office on my campus to get them to mail my transcripts with that LSAC CAS paper thing? =\

You can usually fax it.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:14 pm

god there were stubborn ppl re: 33 min sections in the sept thread.

i dont think its useful either personally.

but then again, only 93rd

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

.
Last edited by GreenTee on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
but then again, only 93rd


93rd percentile? What score is that, Colonel? :P

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:18 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
but then again, only 93rd


93rd percentile? What score is that, Colonel? :P


166

fucking LSAT purgatory

where dreams go to die

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby appind » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:30 pm

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
nlee10 wrote::shock: so many new pages in an hour.


Yea, but not going to lie, kind of wish I didn't spend my time catching up on the thread and reading so much negativity.

In a change of pace, has anyone ever attended a law school information session with the deans of admissions from different schools? Stanford, Duke, NYU, and Cornell are hosting one here in Atlanta and I have no clue what to expect. Regardless, I'm excited to get any insight onto admission into the schools as they are all on the top of my list (especially Cornell!)


Anyone attending this in Palo alto in a few hours?

What can one expect?

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
where dreams go to die


I'll make your dreams come true. PM me.

ETA: Again, read as JY and dying of laughter here.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
but then again, only 93rd


93rd percentile? What score is that, Colonel? :P


166

fucking LSAT purgatory

where dreams go to die


I don't think my 161 will make you feel any better. But we're going to crush December!

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:32 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
but then again, only 93rd


93rd percentile? What score is that, Colonel? :P


166

fucking LSAT purgatory

where dreams go to die


I don't think my 161 will make you feel any better. But we're going to crush December!


161 twins. High five!

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:I'll make your dreams come true. PM me.

ETA: Again, read as JY and dying of laughter here.

You have to imagine it as JY, your dorm-mate, in his loft, peeking down at you and your friends

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:I'll make your dreams come true. PM me.

ETA: Again, read as JY and dying of laughter here.

You have to imagine it as JY, your dorm-mate, in his loft, peeking down at you and your friends


So glad someone gets it.
Last edited by Shakawkaw on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

appind wrote:Palo Alto

I thot only start ups met in PA

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
161 twins. High five!


SO MANY TWINS IN THIS THREAD TODAY! WUNDERBAR!

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
161 twins. High five!


SO MANY TWINS IN THIS THREAD TODAY! WUNDERBAR!


What's your game plan until game day? I feel like I'm stalling a lot. Need to get back on dat LSAT bull and ride it to victory.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:I'll make your dreams come true. PM me.

ETA: Again, read as JY and dying of laughter here.

You have to imagine it as JY, your dorm-mate, in his loft, peeking down at you and your friends


"oh hi JY"

"im just trying to diagram you"

"thanks JY"

"i think for this situation, im going to split you in two"




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcapace and 4 guests