The Official December 2014 Study Group

mist4bison

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Rhymes With Wolf wrote:
jw316 wrote:Story

Did the message go something like this: "I know we haven't spoken in some time, and I forced you into a false dilemma where you had to choose between me or your dreams...actually you really had no choice because I unilaterally decided for us over the phone, but I just read this article about your prospective earnings if you go to Harvard and, well, I think we should talk. I made a mistake by not consulting WSJ in addition to my horoscope. Please write me?"

...Please tell me you didn't respond. Stay focused my googler.

Nah haven't responded was just floored to even get it. Like I said no context no words no contact since that breakup phonecall, just that link earlier. Like if that's your way of trying to say you're thinking about me it's a really shitty way to do it, I just don't get the "you deserve better" well yeah I would agree as well but it wasn't to the point that I wanted to call things off, the whole point of a relationship IMO is that I would stick around and be there as support during the "getting better process."

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm

mist4bison wrote:
jw316 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Lol I broke up with someone over the phone once. So much easier than an awkward Starbucks meeting where they know it's going to happen and he starts crying. (We dated almost 2 years and lived 20 mins apart).

But seriously...what's that saying?...Disregard bitches, acquire currency or something. Do that. Just go for a couple rebound hookups and you'll feel a lot better.

Lol. I didn't cry, she did. Which is what I don't get. I kind just went with it for a while "okay, yeah, whatever you want" then "okay yeah just to be clear you know I don't want this but if what's you need then blah blah" and I was okay for a while, more in shock than anything because I wasn't expecting it. Then the other day just hit me like a sack of bricks and I turned into a lil puss.

But thanks for the support, normally I'm not one to turn to the internet with random stuff like this but where I am I'm kind of isolated at the moment.

Hmm...I wonder if she's like expecting you to try to win her back (we always expect/hope for it...well, mostly always). That could be it. Would explain the link a bit. Maybe if you really do want her back you should reach out. No harm, honestly. She already broke up with you. Not much more she can do.

Here's the thing though - do you REALLY want to waste your time with a girl who is, by Mist's account (which I agree, could totally be happening), literally just fucking with you to see if you'll bite? That's unhealthy, especially before the LSATs. Because here's what'll happen - you win her back. She expects you to drastically change and prioritize her over the LSATs. She sees this doesn't happen, and then the cycle continues.

I can sympathize with her. Being in a relationship where the other person is prioritizing something else sucks, but it's also unrealistic to expect your SO to drop everything and cater to your needs. People in serious relationships should know the difference and be supportive.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm

mist4bison wrote:
jw316 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Lol I broke up with someone over the phone once. So much easier than an awkward Starbucks meeting where they know it's going to happen and he starts crying. (We dated almost 2 years and lived 20 mins apart).

But seriously...what's that saying?...Disregard bitches, acquire currency or something. Do that. Just go for a couple rebound hookups and you'll feel a lot better.

Lol. I didn't cry, she did. Which is what I don't get. I kind just went with it for a while "okay, yeah, whatever you want" then "okay yeah just to be clear you know I don't want this but if what's you need then blah blah" and I was okay for a while, more in shock than anything because I wasn't expecting it. Then the other day just hit me like a sack of bricks and I turned into a lil puss.

But thanks for the support, normally I'm not one to turn to the internet with random stuff like this but where I am I'm kind of isolated at the moment.

Hmm...I wonder if she's like expecting you to try to win her back (we always expect/hope for it...well, mostly always). That could be it. Would explain the link a bit. Maybe if you really do want her back you should reach out. No harm, honestly. She already broke up with you. Not much more she can do.

Don't do this. This is bad advice IMO. Why would you want somebody that doesn't want you? If a guy tried to win me back and I gave in, I don't really think I would ever respect him as much as I did the first go round. If I broke up with you, I already thought long and hard about whatever it is that made me do it and how that is going to keep us from being a successful couple. You need to chin up and move on man (in time), but right now go get some ice cream (or go lift heavy things).

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhymes With Wolf

Postby Rhymes With Wolf » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:Why would you want somebody that doesn't want you?

Preach. If she ended it over studying for one test, think of what's going to happen come law school, or when you start working. I'm going to bite my tongue before I go on a tangential rant about taking life advice from Marilyn Monroe, but join us here in the forever alone thread.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Jw - if they can't handle you at your worst, they definitely don't deserve you at your best. Words to live by by my girl Marilyn.

Don't cave, go no contact. Stay strong. Instead of the random hook ups, you can hook up with a prep test. Prep tests can't hurt your feelings. (LOLOL WHAT AM I SAYING.)

It'll take a little bit, but most of it is just getting used to not being in a relationship. People feel comfortable and not having that security is scary. You'll find someone better at Harvard.

Yeah there were a couple text messages the morning after "have a good day" .....uhhh yeah sure and me one more time reiterating that I didn't want this but I would be supportive if that's what she wanted and then hit me with the "you deserve better" and I haven't said anything since. Not to sound like a douche (okay kind of unavoidable after the next few words but don't know how else to word it) but legit have like 4 or 5 different women I could get with right now...was texting etc. and almost even invited a few over but like can't even really go there right now because my mind just keeps going to her.

I mean it's stupid because we're young (I graduated 2 years ago; she just graduated undergrad and started a new job, but I've been in like 3 other relationships since I was a teenager that were all a year and a half/2 and "been with" 30 something women...I've been over the frat boy party phase and hooking up with randoms that I had in college for 2 years and just been wanting to settle down and get law school going and build a future and just really thought she was the one.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:24 pm

I just did the CD game, omg. That was such a tedious game.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:25 pm

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:30 pm

mist4bison wrote:
nlee10 wrote:I just did the CD game, omg. That was such a tedious game.

I still havent done that. Which PT?

ETA: found it. Also found this: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/lg_10-hardest-logic-games.cfm

Maybe when I drill games again I'll take a crack at these. I know I've done a couple already.

PT 31 G2. It's part of my BP hw. Technically it's not hard I guess, but there's a lot of conditionals you have to make sure you wrote correctly.

ETA: I suppose the time constraint would make this very hard to complete quickly.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 pm

nlee10 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:

ETA: found it. Also found this: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/lg_10-hardest-logic-games.cfm

Maybe when I drill games again I'll take a crack at these. I know I've done a couple already.

PT 31 G2. It's part of my BP hw. Technically it's not hard I guess, but there's a lot of conditionals you have to make sure you wrote correctly.

ETA: I suppose the time constraint would make this very hard to complete quickly.

I think this was the first game I watched a 7Sage video for and I was drooling so hard at JY's skills. Definitely a tedious game with all the variables. Yuck.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:46 pm

jam313

Postby jam313 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:33 pm

jw316 wrote:
Yeah there were a couple text messages the morning after "have a good day" .....uhhh yeah sure and me one more time reiterating that I didn't want this but I would be supportive if that's what she wanted and then hit me with the "you deserve better" and I haven't said anything since. Not to sound like a douche (okay kind of unavoidable after the next few words but don't know how else to word it) but legit have like 4 or 5 different women I could get with right now...was texting etc. and almost even invited a few over but like can't even really go there right now because my mind just keeps going to her.

I mean it's stupid because we're young (I graduated 2 years ago; she just graduated undergrad and started a new job, but I've been in like 3 other relationships since I was a teenager that were all a year and a half/2 and "been with" 30 something women...I've been over the frat boy party phase and hooking up with randoms that I had in college for 2 years and just been wanting to settle down and get law school going and build a future and just really thought she was the one.

Here's what you do.

She will keep doing this trickle of communication and it will distract and hurt you. So block her number and put your focus on you (and LSAT - which is also you). If you allow any sort of continued communication/messaging, it will prolong this process and it is better to just stop it now.

She may even try to crawl back after the "grass is greener" effect wears off. You can't allow yourself to consider this, let alone get distracted by it.

You will meet tons of awesome and new people in law school. This is for the better.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 pm

jam313 wrote:
jw316 wrote:

Here's what you do.

She will keep doing this trickle of communication and it will distract and hurt you. So block her number and put your focus on you (and LSAT - which is also you). If you allow any sort of continued communication/messaging, it will prolong this process and it is better to just stop it now.

She may even try to crawl back after the "grass is greener" effect wears off. You can't allow yourself to consider this, let alone get distracted by it.

You will meet tons of awesome and new people in law school. This is for the better.

You have us now. :P

Cupofchocolate

Postby Cupofchocolate » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Rhymes With Wolf wrote:
Cupofchocolate wrote:Today I'm a little sad, because there was a guy that I kind of liked...and I think he's dating someone. I saw him with another girl having lunch....

Hey girl. Just wanted to let you know it was nothing serious. I'll still be available after you take the LSAT, but I'm pretty judgmental so you better do well.

Sincerely,
Guy having lunch with girl

Lol pretty sweet haha. Not so realistic but thanks :)

And jw:
Thanks for sharing ur story. I agree with the other poster. Someone who wasn't there for ur struggles doesn't get to celebrate ur success. Get that big H admission, and she will be sorry.

I'm not going to waste my time thinking of him from now on. Will stay focused. Will stay strong. 44days left!

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:13 pm

nlee10 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:

this game is probably the best test of conditional logic imo.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 pm

jam313 wrote:
jw316 wrote:

Here's what you do.

Yup you called it. Ignored the facebook message with the WSJ salary thing and while I was taking a short lil walk to get some air and grab something to eat I got a snapchat from her. Didn't/haven't opened it. But it's just like is she serious? I make it very clear and verbally say that "you're it for me, we can work it out, etc." but that wasn't enough. What's the point of trying to contact me like this now?
Last edited by jw316 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 pm

The CD game with New Jazz, New Rap, etc.? I'll never forget that game lol.

Sorry for being "that guy" on the internet tonight, didn't mean to get off-topic but like I said besides a few women I used to hookup with and that was pretty much it (who I have no interest in talking to/getting with) I'm kind of isolated from my friends/family ATM and just truly can't say enough about how much I appreciate you guys. Love you all and here's to hoping we crush this thing come December, sending positive vibes and good karma out to all of you. I'll definitely be lurking and maybe posting ITT through the rest of my prep once I finish up the trainer and get going on PTs/more drilling.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 pm

jw316 wrote:
jam313 wrote:
jw316 wrote:

Here's what you do.

Yup you called it. Ignored the facebook message with the WSJ salary thing and while I was taking a short lil walk to get some air and grab something to eat I got a snapchat from her. Didn't/haven't opened it. But it's just like is she serious? I make it very clear and verbally say that "you're it for me, we can work it out, etc." but that wasn't enough. What's the point of trying to contact me like this now?

I think she's getting a few feelers out. She misses you. She's seeing if you'll bite. Don't get sucked back in.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

jw316 wrote:The CD game with New Jazz, New Rap, etc.? I'll never forget that game lol.

Sorry for being "that guy" on the internet tonight, didn't mean to get off-topic but like I said besides a few women I used to hookup with and that was pretty much it (who I have no interest in talking to/getting with) I'm kind of isolated from my friends/family ATM and just truly can't say enough about how much I appreciate you guys. Love you all and here's to hoping we crush this thing come December, sending positive vibes and good karma out to all of you. I'll definitely be lurking and maybe posting ITT through the rest of my prep once I finish up the trainer and get going on PTs/more drilling.

Yeah! At first it didn't look so bad until I read the new and used part that essentially doubled the number of variables. :lol: :lol:

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”