The Official December 2014 Study Group

Rigo

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:04 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 pm

theugg wrote:
Dirigo wrote:So I've been pretty lazy this last week in terms of prepping. I woke up today feeling like crap because it's dreary af and I feel a cold coming on. Regardless, I told myself I would take a PT today to survey the damage me dropping the ball recently has caused. I chose an older PT that I didn't originally plan to take because I didn't want to waste a newer PT on what would likely be a crappy performance.
Felt pretty blah during the whole thing. I just kept telling myself "whatever, just do it so you can say you actually did something today."

PT 42
LG: -1
LR: -3
RC: -3
Raw: 91/101
Scaled: 171 :shock:

I'm in complete shock. I would not have been surprised to see a 160. Shows that I am awful at predicting performance (other than for LG). This is definitely higher than my average of mid to high 160's and I definitely did better on RC than I normally do. Remains to be seen if this is an outlier or if I'll be consistently scoring a few points higher than my previous average.

A takeaway for y'all. I know that taking a couple of days off seems like a horrible use of time with only 45 days left, but giving your brain a rest can oftentimes be a good thing.
I woke up today and told myself that if I don't do well in December, I'll retake in February. No big deal. I'm viewing even showing up to the test and getting any score as an accomplishment in and of itself. As a person, I'm way too prone to quit things when the going gets tough. I told myself to stop putting so much pressure on myself to be perfect because when it comes to the LSAT, being perfect is simply not going to happen for me or any of us. AND THAT'S OKAY.
Hope everyone had/is having a great day!

This was so sweet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats!!

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 pm

theugg wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
You took Sept? You'll probably do a lot better considering you've already seen the test and have probably thought a lot about some of the problems...Don't know how accurate retaking it would be. But it's a good self-esteem boost!

In all honestly, the entire test is a blur in my mind. I have no memory of the questions at all. Maybe I have some sort of subconscious memory of the questions, but I haven't been thinking over what I've done wrong or anything on specific points.

This happens to me already on PT's....becomes a blur. lmao

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Dirigo wrote:So I've been pretty lazy this last week in terms of prepping. I woke up today feeling like crap because it's dreary af and I feel a cold coming on. Regardless, I told myself I would take a PT today to survey the damage me dropping the ball recently has caused. I chose an older PT that I didn't originally plan to take because I didn't want to waste a newer PT on what would likely be a crappy performance.
Felt pretty blah during the whole thing. I just kept telling myself "whatever, just do it so you can say you actually did something today."

PT 42

I'm in complete shock. I would not have been surprised to see a 160. Shows that I am awful at predicting performance (other than for LG). This is definitely higher than my average of mid to high 160's and I definitely did better on RC than I normally do. Remains to be seen if this is an outlier or if I'll be consistently scoring a few points higher than my previous average.

A takeaway for y'all. I know that taking a couple of days off seems like a horrible use of time with only 45 days left, but giving your brain a rest can oftentimes be a good thing.
I woke up today and told myself that if I don't do well in December, I'll retake in February. No big deal. I'm viewing even showing up to the test and getting any score as an accomplishment in and of itself. As a person, I'm way too prone to quit things when the going gets tough. I told myself to stop putting so much pressure on myself to be perfect because when it comes to the LSAT, being perfect is simply not going to happen for me or any of us. AND THAT'S OKAY.

Damn, Dirigo. Keep up dat hustle. You get a *poptart* for the good work! (Mist, I'll bring you one too. Hope you're feeling better post-surgery!)

I agree with you on taking a day off every now and then. During prep for Sept. test, it helped against potential burn out and it paid off in my scores.

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:16 pm

nlee10 wrote:
theugg wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
You took Sept? You'll probably do a lot better considering you've already seen the test and have probably thought a lot about some of the problems...Don't know how accurate retaking it would be. But it's a good self-esteem boost!

In all honestly, the entire test is a blur in my mind. I have no memory of the questions at all. Maybe I have some sort of subconscious memory of the questions, but I haven't been thinking over what I've done wrong or anything on specific points.

That's why I see no problem in retaking preptests that you've already done in previous prepping.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm

MTH2 wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
theugg wrote:In all honestly, the entire test is a blur in my mind. I have no memory of the questions at all. Maybe I have some sort of subconscious memory of the questions, but I haven't been thinking over what I've done wrong or anything on specific points.

That's why I see no problem in retaking preptests that you've already done in previous prepping.

yeah, Even though I might recognize a RC passage or LR stimulus, I still have to work just as hard the second time to find the structure/argument core.

ETA: Assuming I haven't seen it in 2+ months.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:23 pm

PT 42

brought a tear to my eyes... :roll: lol thats awesome man, good for you, keep it up and make it a new avg(or low :wink: )

idissent

Postby idissent » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

PT 42

Agree 100%. Took my first PT to see where I was after not looking at anything for 3 weeks between the September test and today.

PT 41
LR: -2
LG: -2
RC: -1
Raw: 94/101
Scaled: 175

Actually my best score yet by 4 points. You don't forget this stuff in a day or two (or even 3 weeks of premature celebratory margs), so taking a day off to let yourself take care of real life things is a really good idea.

Part of me is so mad at myself for completely dropping the ball on the September test, because I know the material and I know how to take the LSAT, but I let the environment and test-day jitters get to me. On the other hand, I still know it, and hopefully I'll be able to put it into good use in December.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm

idissent wrote:
Part of me is so mad at myself for completely dropping the ball on the September test, because I know the material and I know how to take the LSAT, but I let the environment and test-day jitters get to me. On the other hand, I still know it, and hopefully I'll be able to put it into good use in December.

That's an awesome score, dissent. Was September your first try?

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm

idissent wrote:Scaled: 175

Actually my best score yet by 4 points.

This is impressive. No prep since September, and you jumped from 171 to 175?
I can't wait to find out this weekend how 3 weeks of beer and ice cream and zero minutes of LSAT prep has paid off for me.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:53 pm

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Post removed.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:59 pm

theugg wrote:I'm not going to be taking a test until next Thursday morning. Hope I didn't lose literally all my progress. :shock: :shock: :shock:
My PT scores are all over the place to begin with. I go from 170 to 178 to 172 to 176 and so on.

Why the wait, ugg?

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

theugg wrote:I'm not going to be taking a test until next Thursday morning. Hope I didn't lose literally all my progress. :shock: :shock: :shock:
My PT scores are all over the place to begin with. I go from 170 to 178 to 172 to 176 and so on.

well logically with them 2 scoring above their highs it looks like your gunna 180 thursday.... thats how it works right?

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Post removed.

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Dirigo wrote:
idissent wrote:PT 41
LG: -2
RC: -1
Raw: 94/101
Scaled: 175

How dare you one-up me!
Nevertheless, awesome job! September seemed like such a fluke for so many people so hopefully you'll get the score you want this time around.

Congrats you guys! Those are great scores. I'm sure you can keep them in that range or even improve :)

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 pm

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Very nice scores guys.

And I'm here looking to aim for 160 on next timed PT. lol

ugg

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idissent

Postby idissent » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 pm

thanks for all the congrats!

Shakawkaw wrote:
idissent wrote:

That's an awesome score, dissent. Was September your first try?

Thanks! yep, September was my first, hoping December is my last.

GreenTee wrote:
idissent wrote:Scaled: 175

Actually my best score yet by 4 points.

This is impressive. No prep since September, and you jumped from 171 to 175?
I can't wait to find out this weekend how 3 weeks of beer and ice cream and zero minutes of LSAT prep has paid off for me.

Yeah, I don't get it, but I won't question it. tbh my October was pretty much queso, margs, and not thinking about logic, and it's worked out so far.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”