The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
waterandparchedearth
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:08 pm

nlee10 wrote:Just drilled 4 RC passages. 20/27. Not too bad compared to my old standards. lol. Want to be 22+/27 by Dec 6th!


Congrats on the progress! You can absolutely get to that point by the test.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm

cricket cricket
Image

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Jgoods wrote:cricket cricket


Still doing some more RC passages and Ordering games. Checking in to TLS in between each passage/game. :lol:

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:30 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:cricket cricket


Still doing some more RC passages and Ordering games. Checking in to TLS in between each passage/game. :lol:

I hate webinars... I get sucked in :P lol

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:31 pm

hai jgoods.

How was everyone's studying today?! Drilled 50 Flaw and 50 Nec. ass. (giggle giggle) questions. Got -2 per each set. But they were level one à la the Cambridge packets. Did a set of games from PT 53, -0. Yizzz. Really slacking on getting around to RC though (my weakest section). Any suggestions on how to approach that from the LSAT wizards ITT? (hint: all of you are lsat wizards)

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Jgoods wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:cricket cricket


Still doing some more RC passages and Ordering games. Checking in to TLS in between each passage/game. :lol:

I hate webinars... I get sucked in :P lol


haha, one more RC passage+ordering game and I'm calling it a day. I want to watch some NBA. lol

fundip
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby fundip » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:32 pm

I'm finally getting my act together and taking the December 2014 exam. I've been postponing this test since February and lost a lot of motivation to study after starting work full-time. But with a month and a half left, I'm ready to start studying again. I'm just checking in here so that I have something in writing to hold me somewhat accountable.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 pm

currently doing trial stuff on 7sage... like it more than expected... not the same humor as velocity but still pleasant & relatable

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 pm

fundip wrote:I'm finally getting my act together and taking the December 2014 exam. I've been postponing this test since February and lost a lot of motivation to study after starting work full-time. But with a month and a half left, I'm ready to start studying again. I'm just checking in here so that I have something in writing to hold me somewhat accountable.

n welcome

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:hai jgoods.

How was everyone's studying today?! Drilled 50 Flaw and 50 Nec. ass. (giggle giggle) questions. Got -2 per each set. But they were level one à la the Cambridge packets. Did a set of games from PT 53, -0. Yizzz. Really slacking on getting around to RC though (my weakest section). Any suggestions on how to approach that from the LSAT wizards ITT? (hint: all of you are lsat wizards)


Hello!

I will have done 40 Flaw's, 6 RC Passages, and 6 Ordering Games today!

Honestly, I think just drilling RC helped me out a lot...I started off scoring -14 to -16 on RC. After drilling, I'm consistently -7 to -10.

User avatar
waterandparchedearth
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Jgoods wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:cricket cricket


Still doing some more RC passages and Ordering games. Checking in to TLS in between each passage/game. :lol:

I hate webinars... I get sucked in :P lol


Were you doing the one with MSU about personal statement?? I was totally sucked into it and got absolutely nothing else done for an hour.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:38 pm

waterandparchedearth wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:cricket cricket


Still doing some more RC passages and Ordering games. Checking in to TLS in between each passage/game. :lol:

I hate webinars... I get sucked in :P lol


Were you doing the one with MSU about personal statement?? I was totally sucked into it and got absolutely nothing else done for an hour.

yup but my chat thing disappeared so I couldn't even ask crap but still interesting lol now I got another 1 in an hr :P

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:39 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:hai jgoods.

How was everyone's studying today?! Drilled 50 Flaw and 50 Nec. ass. (giggle giggle) questions. Got -2 per each set. But they were level one à la the Cambridge packets. Did a set of games from PT 53, -0. Yizzz. Really slacking on getting around to RC though (my weakest section). Any suggestions on how to approach that from the LSAT wizards ITT? (hint: all of you are lsat wizards)


Hello!

I will have done 40 Flaw's, 6 RC Passages, and 6 Ordering Games today!

Honestly, I think just drilling RC helped me out a lot...I started off scoring -14 to -16 on RC. After drilling, I'm consistently -7 to -10.


Great set of prep for today, nlee :)

When you drill RC, do you do it by type or just grab sets from the older tests? I think I'm just giving myself excuses not to sit down and prep RC because RC kills my soul. #sodramatic~*~

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Great set of prep for today, nlee :)

When you drill RC, do you do it by type or just grab sets from the older tests? I think I'm just giving myself excuses not to sit down and prep RC because RC kills my soul. #sodramatic~*~


Prior to starting my Blueprint course, I bought the PT 1-38 RC Cambridge Packets that broke them down into Humanities, Social Science, Law, and Hard Science. I did a few before starting the class. But now that I'm in the class, I'm just doing w/e RC passages is assigned for hw, along with any LR and LG.

But yes, RC kills souls.

User avatar
waterandparchedearth
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 pm

Jgoods wrote:yup but my chat thing disappeared so I couldn't even ask crap but still interesting lol now I got another 1 in an hr :P


What the hell? The exact same thing happened to my chat. Regardless, I liked it. I have to admit that if I had the expendable funds I'd probably pay for Spivey consulting...

Also, if I may ask, which is the other one you're doing tonight?

User avatar
jrdavila09
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:16 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby jrdavila09 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Just wrote a schedule for the next 7 weeks. I've finished Manhattan LR and Power score LG. I had started with and completed the LSAT Trainer about 2 1/2 months ago, so I decided to do it all over again, broken down into the next 7 weeks along with PT 55-73 in between reading the Trainer and Drilling.

It will be stressful now at work and studying until December 6th. My company decided to acquire a new company and my department (credit) will be taking over all receivables starting at 11 AM tomorrow. Between me and 2 other people, we will add 285 accounts and 35 million dollars to our already 300+ accounts and 42 million dollars. So let the good times roll! I know, I'm venting, but we were just told this at 3 PM today. So please everyone, help keep me motivated!!!!!

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8959
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

theugg wrote:Can we all collectively agree ITT that RC is by far the worst section?

thought that was already a thing everywhere?

waterandparchedearth wrote:
Jgoods wrote:yup but my chat thing disappeared so I couldn't even ask crap but still interesting lol now I got another 1 in an hr :P


What the hell? The exact same thing happened to my chat. Regardless, I liked it. I have to admit that if I had the expendable funds I'd probably pay for Spivey consulting...

Also, if I may ask, which is the other one you're doing tonight?

as I've seen it referred to as lawskewlee

User avatar
Rhymes With Wolf
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rhymes With Wolf » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

theugg wrote:Can we all collectively agree ITT that RC is by far the worst section?

Yes, but, speaking for myself, there's probably some sort of feedback loop happening between perceiving it as the worst, never drilling it as a result, and having it end up as your worst section.

ETA: When I look at how much time I've put into it, comparatively, it's an embarrassing footnote.

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 8959
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby ugg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by ugg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby fips tedora » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Dirigo wrote:Am I really missing some important way of drilling/improving on RC here?

READING FOR STRUCTURE! It took me forever to internalize that I was reading each passage for its structure and very little for the details therein. Once I began thinking this way, it not only improved my score, but it also made me more focus on the actual passage itself. When it comes time to the questions, I rarely look back at the passage because I internalize its structure and the key points of each paragraph. Additionally, summarizing each paragraph after reading it, then summarizing the structure after the entire read. I went from -10 to around -3 to -5.

User avatar
Rhymes With Wolf
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rhymes With Wolf » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

MTH2 wrote:READING FOR STRUCTURE!

Psssh, this guy. Where have you been?

I forget, is that how it's taught in the Trainer?

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:17 pm

Rhymes With Wolf wrote:
MTH2 wrote:READING FOR STRUCTURE!

Psssh, this guy. Where have you been?

I forget, is that how it's taught in the Trainer?


That's how it's taught by practically every company out there. :lol:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Instrumental and 7 guests