The Official December 2014 Study Group

Smallville

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey y'all so Septemberererer here, I'm not really where I want to be and am seriously thinking about swapping over and withdrawing and taking December LSAT instead... diagnostic was at 151, avg 156-159 though have yet to break 160 despite how many times i think, oh i deff got it until i hit that 1 LR or RC section that was horrendous :/ but anyways, striving for the best I can get, I see no reason to not be able to get high 160s if not into the 170 and you all can too! be smart and keep getting smarterer!

PS. Coming from the sept thread... i may be a little ridiculous (place is crazy over there) but it keeps you sane, I promise lol, well sorta anyways... kk I'm done rambling for now

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Jgoods wrote:Hey y'all so Septemberererer here, I'm not really where I want to be and am seriously thinking about swapping over and withdrawing and taking December LSAT instead... diagnostic was at 151, avg 156-159 though have yet to break 160 despite how many times i think, oh i deff got it until i hit that 1 LR or RC section that was horrendous :/ but anyways, striving for the best I can get, I see no reason to not be able to get high 160s if not into the 170 and you all can too! be smart and keep getting smarterer!

PS. Coming from the sept thread... i may be a little ridiculous (place is crazy over there) but it keeps you sane, I promise lol, well sorta anyways... kk I'm done rambling for now

Hoorah Septemberers in the December thread!

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:17 pm

^ get excited everyone! Because we all have time for MASSIVE improvements. Never give up! Always keep your goal in mind! And believe that you can reach it. You'll end up getting the score you deserve. So make sure you WORK HARD so that you deserve a high score =).

^^ I'm going to be a cheerleading coach from now until December! Don't say I didn't warn y'all =P

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 pm

peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:^ get excited everyone! Because we all have time for MASSIVE improvements. Never give up! Always keep your goal in mind! And believe that you can reach it. You'll end up getting the score you deserve. So make sure you WORK HARD so that you deserve a high score =).

^^ I'm going to be a cheerleading coach from now until December! Don't say I didn't warn y'all =P

Awesome! :) I'm feeling down a little today because I'm still not where I want to be on logic games but this made me smile :D

Happy to help! As I'm sure you've been told multiple times in the past, LG is the most learnable part of the LSAT. So I'm sure you'll improve!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:32 pm

peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:^ get excited everyone! Because we all have time for MASSIVE improvements. Never give up! Always keep your goal in mind! And believe that you can reach it. You'll end up getting the score you deserve. So make sure you WORK HARD so that you deserve a high score =).

Awesome! :) I'm feeling down a little today because I'm still not where I want to be on logic games but this made me smile :D

I started my studying (slow and not as hard as i should have) by reading some of the bibles and then into the trainer(deff recommend trainer) make sure you drill, if i could go back and restart studying I would drill wayyyyy more (plan on buying the cambridge packets soon) My LG was pretty rough at the start (14/24 on pretest A from superprep book, my cold diagnostic) I took PT 70 yesterday and got 21/23... depending on the game i vary of course but it takes practice and getting the games down, you can do it

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:12 pm

peppermint wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
peppermint wrote:

I started my studying (slow and not as hard as i should have) by reading some of the bibles and then into the trainer(deff recommend trainer) make sure you drill, if i could go back and restart studying I would drill wayyyyy more (plan on buying the cambridge packets soon) My LG was pretty rough at the start (14/24 on pretest A from superprep book, my cold diagnostic) I took PT 70 yesterday and got 21/23... depending on the game i vary of course but it takes practice and getting the games down, you can do it

Nice! That's inspiring. Right now I'm getting about -7 to -10 but I've been drilling nonstop and will hopefully see some dramatic improvement soon.

LG is nbd just drill drill drill drill n then drill

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Dirigo wrote:Are you septemberers having cold feet or confidence issues? I was planning a welcome party for after noon on the 27th. Y'all are throwing my plans off!

I'm guessing I'll probably sit down on Saturday and forget how to read

gti24

Postby gti24 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Officially withdrew for Sept. Sucks that I'm gonna lose the money but here's to killing it in December. Third time retaker so definitely gotta power through. If anyone needs a motivation buddy, feel free to hit me up.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Dirigo wrote:Are you septemberers having cold feet or confidence issues? I was planning a welcome party for after noon on the 27th. Y'all are throwing my plans off!

Neither lol. I didn't study properly and if I don't take December, I'll be cheating myself out of a great T14. My GPA is ridiculously high and I haven't been as serious as I should be in regards to LSATs.

But I am taking September. I just plan on improving +10 or more by December ;)

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:31 pm

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:

Neither lol. I didn't study properly and if I don't take December, I'll be cheating myself out of a great T14. My GPA is ridiculously high and I haven't been as serious as I should be in regards to LSATs.

But I am taking September. I just plan on improving +10 or more by December ;)

Good call! My GPA is too good to waste as well so I need to start taking prep more seriously. I've been pretty lackadaisical thus far. Let's ramp it up together.

YES!! I'm all for that! Moral support till the end. Attacking problem areas and drilling till we're blue in the face =).

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:36 am

gti24

Postby gti24 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 am

Dirigo wrote:
gti24 wrote:Officially withdrew for Sept. Sucks that I'm gonna lose the money but here's to killing it in December. Third time retaker so definitely gotta power through. If anyone needs a motivation buddy, feel free to hit me up.

Welcome! I applaud your decision to give up your free ride and strive for greater heights. It may turn out to be the best decision of your life.

Appreciate the love. If you or anyone else need someone to motivate you the next ten or so weeks, don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:55 am

gti24 wrote:Officially withdrew for Sept. Sucks that I'm gonna lose the money but here's to killing it in December. Third time retaker so definitely gotta power through. If anyone needs a motivation buddy, feel free to hit me up.

I'm right there with you. I withdrew last week from the September test. I had hit 169, but couldn't break that 170 mark, so since I'm a third time retaker I figured it was better to wait until December to give me an opportunity at the T14. Plus I could really use some help in the scholarship department and I know each point will help with that!! Welcome to the December thread!!

Lacoste

Postby Lacoste » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:12 am

jrdavila09 wrote:LSAT life sucks!

Just wanted to vent a bit.

I scored a 146 on PT 42. Diagnostic was a 139. Suck at LR and RC. I get bored and/or loose focus during these sections. But I guess I'm 14 points away from my goal. Hopefully I can get there by December. :\

Keep on rocking it homie. I feel as if I've made little progress over the last 2 and a half months. I really don't see how people can study 3 or less months and score in the 170s. I applaud you. It takes time and effort (a lot). I read and re-read the techniques advocated in some of the prep books and they seem understandable, but when it comes to applying them on your own its a whole different story.

Good luck again study hard. Same goes to everyone else as well.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I'm guessing I'll probably sit down on Saturday and forget how to read

Following me colonel?

JerryLundegard

Postby JerryLundegard » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 am

Hey folks

Another Septemberer checking in...I guess I could get a favorable test and score above a 165 on saturday but more then likely i'll be hunkering down with all you fine people for December.

Have a 3.85 gpa that i don't want to throw in the toilet with a lackluster performance on game day.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:03 am

this place is sooooo quiet.... how am I supposed to stay entertained during work

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 am

Jgoods wrote:this place is sooooo quiet.... how am I supposed to stay entertained during work

Once the September test has come and gone I'm sure there will be a lot more actions this thread!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:31 am

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Jgoods wrote:this place is sooooo quiet.... how am I supposed to stay entertained during work

Once the September test has come and gone I'm sure there will be a lot more actions this thread!

very possible lol but thats too far away, I want entertainment now! :) :P

edt: If youve been in sept thread at all you'd see why I'm like this, they talk a lot, and are interesting people lol but im sure y'all are even better

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”