The Official December 2014 Study Group

nlee10

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:09 pm

monadologist wrote:
Good stuff, if you can get LG to a consistent -0 then you'll be over the 160 range with some modest gains in LR.
It's a hard process, I'm still working on it. I when i started i getting like -10 in LG, finally got it down to -0 to -4 but it took a lot of drilling

That's the plan! haha. Trying to cut my LR losses down to no more than -8 wrong. Trying to cut RC losses down to no more than -5. RC on PT 49, IMO, were relatively easy so I was able to hit a PR of 21/27. lol

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
iguazu wrote:Hi all. I'm new to this forum but love the way you keep each other accountable. Took my first PT today (68). Missed 7 in RC, 8 combined in LR, and 4 in LG \ 164. Anybody been there or want to work together to get to 170+ by Dec exam?

We all work together silly :P

Fordham table is poppin lol

Fordham is such a trap. Step away, jgoody.

Nooo worries I just look and chuckle... I'll touch on why a Lil more when I'm not posting on my phone

there was a "what lawyers do" workshop at the forum and wasn't so bad, there was someone who graduated from NYU, New York law, Seton Hall, Fordham and one more I can't remember.
Overall they had some decent stuff to say (even the people from the lower tier schools, they seemed to work hard enough to make something of themselves) The F one was just so loud and a little obnoxious, and you could see come of the people on the other side of the panel make faces and stuff at times... and mentioned the school pretty often lol

there was also a show down on the train in front of me... didn't get too crazy but some people are just too uptight... they don't even know how good they got it not studying for this thing :P

Also, keep it up nlee

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 pm

BC of things being in my way my PT32 is taking pretty long lol longer than it should... however I feel really good about it.... which leads me to be scarred to finish it up (have RC left :shock: ) and grade it(if it is under 166 i will cry)

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Jgoods wrote:BC of things being in my way my PT32 is taking pretty long lol longer than it should... however I feel really good about it.... which leads me to be scarred to finish it up (have RC left :shock: ) and grade it(if it is under 166 i will cry)

Good luck!

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:45 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Dirigo wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:BC of things being in my way my PT32 is taking pretty long lol longer than it should... however I feel really good about it.... which leads me to be scarred to finish it up (have RC left :shock: ) and grade it(if it is under 166 i will cry)

Good luck!

Ditto on the luck. Damn jgoody, I had no idea you were PT'ing at that level. Awesome!

Well its not timed, my last untimed pt was a 166 which I kinda hoped for higher but this one (part of the reason it's taking so long) feels plenty more accurate, I just gotta stick with the trend in RC and hope the good feeling with the rest arnt all trick answers lol

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:54 pm

This was my first fully timed preptest in nearly a year. I completed all the sections on time - the second LR with almost 6 minutes left and barely on time with RC. The LG section gave me the most trouble, which is unusual as it is usually my best section, however, once I shake the rust off and get back into making quicker and better inferences, I'll catch up. I should also mention that this is the second time I have taken this test.

PT 52: LR1 (-1); LG (-5) :|; LR2 (-2); RC (-5); Raw Score (88); Scaled Score = 169

Overall, I'm fairly happy with results and this is the first of many more, however, I know there's plenty of room for improvement. I should also note that my blind review fixed the LG and RC.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Drilled 6 RC and 100 Weaken questions. Missed 16 Weakens :( And missed too many RC questions. Ugh. Gonna drill a lot more RC tomorrow and some Role/Function questions.

I think I'm going to try an untimed PT next next weekend (Nov 1/2). I've never done one before.

huh? nov 1/2 is two weeks from now

So yes. next next weekend. :lol: :lol:

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:26 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Drilled 6 RC and 100 Weaken questions. Missed 16 Weakens :( And missed too many RC questions. Ugh. Gonna drill a lot more RC tomorrow and some Role/Function questions.

I think I'm going to try an untimed PT next next weekend (Nov 1/2). I've never done one before.

huh? nov 1/2 is two weeks from now

So yes. next next weekend. :lol: :lol:

hi nlee

Cupofchocolate

Postby Cupofchocolate » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Hey guys! So i guess i can share my lsat experience of last ten days and that might help some of you. I was super motivated and decided to do three pts a day for a week. The plan only lasted three days and I was so tired and ended up not looking at any lsat stuff for the next seven days.... Talking about being burnt out...I've had one major.

And I started hating myself and took a five hour-- escaping from reality--nap. After waking up, I hated myself even more, but at this point all that matters is what I can do from now. Now I'm back in the game. I will pace pace pace my studying. 49days left! Wooohoooooo

PS: peppermint! Thanks for the avartar uploading tip! For some reason my iphone doesn't quite work but I'll figure it out! Thanks:)

Today's plan: Reviewing 2pts. Drilling grouping games.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Cupofchocolate wrote:Hey guys! So i guess i can share my lsat experience of last ten days and that might help some of you. I was super motivated and decided to do three pts a day for a week. The plan only lasted three days and I was so tired and ended up not looking at any lsat stuff for the next seven days.... Talking about being burnt out...I've had one major.

And I started hating myself and took a five hour-- escaping from reality--nap. After waking up, I hated myself even more, but at this point all that matters is what I can do from now. Now I'm back in the game. I will pace pace pace my studying. 49days left! Wooohoooooo

PS: peppermint! Thanks for the avartar uploading tip! For some reason my iphone doesn't quite work but I'll figure it out! Thanks:)

Wow that is certainly a test of endurance. I just finished my 4th in 7 days today and I think I burnt out a little so I didn't touch anything after the test.

Where are you currently scoring at?

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fips tedora

Postby fips tedora » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 am

mist4bison wrote:
Cupofchocolate wrote:Hey guys! So i guess i can share my lsat experience of last ten days and that might help some of you. I was super motivated and decided to do three pts a day for a week. The plan only lasted three days and I was so tired and ended up not looking at any lsat stuff for the next seven days.... Talking about being burnt out...I've had one major.

Yeah....I'd definitely suggest not doing 3 PTs a day. Are you in school/working/free to study all day? If you are free to study all day, your best bet is drilling (with breaks) and maybe 3 Pts a week max, with review.

I agree with this, as it is my basic routine and I'm in the high 160s. Although, something something different strokes something something.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:50 am

time to grade.... man I HATE RC... that was bleh...

ETA: :cry: crying commenced... 165... somehow the first LR still killed me
LR1 -8
RC -6 the RC and LR2 are not terrible but having it not be timed... they should be lower, especially LR1
LG -2 (ew)
LR2 -3

ETA#2: 166, the grader must not have included excluded question, conversion chart shows me at 1point higher lol... still crying tho
Last edited by Smallville on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:03 am

I'm jealous of you all. 'Nuff said.

Jgoods wrote:time to grade.... man I HATE RC... that was bleh...

ETA: standby

^ I understand your frustration about getting off for LR/LG doing untimed. But I still think that's fantastic and shows that you are capable of getting there timed. I have no doubt you could score higher.
Last edited by WorldsCollide on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:08 am

ETA: :cry: crying commenced... 165... somehow the first LR still killed me
LR1 -8
RC -6 the RC and LR2 are not terrible but having it not be timed... they should be lower, especially LR1
LG -2 (ew)
LR2 -3

ETA#2: 166, the grader must not have included excluded question, conversion chart shows me at 1point higher lol... still crying tho

part of the issue for LR1 looks like most the questions I got wrong were ones I didn't find iffy so didn't mark and didn't look back b4 leaving the section (not much of an excuse considering timed I can't go back at all)

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:09 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:24 am

WorldsCollide wrote:I'm jealous of you all. 'Nuff said.

^ I understand your frustration about getting off for LR/LG doing untimed. But I still think that's fantastic and shows that you are capable of getting there timed. I have no doubt you could score higher.

why so? have you done a full PT untimed recently?

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 am

Jgoods wrote:

No 0_0. I don't have the time to do an untimed PT... barely have the time to do a timed PT (I have one scheduled for Thursday morning before classes start). I just hear people saying around TLS that if you work on your timing, (which will obviously come with practice - which you're doing), you will be able to reach your untimed score. But you're also drilling so I think that's going to improve your untimed/timed score as well.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 am

^ I just noticed you bolded the bit about me being jealous, Jgoods! I guess you all just have the time/find the time to study properly. Let's just say that if I continue what I have been doing, I'm not going to see much improvement at all.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 am

WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

No 0_0. I don't have the time to do an untimed PT... barely have the time to do a timed PT (I have one scheduled for Thursday morning before classes start). I just hear people saying around TLS that if you work on your timing, (which will obviously come with practice - which you're doing), you will be able to reach your untimed score. But you're also drilling so I think that's going to improve your untimed/timed score as well.

oh the flaws :P
well yeah, the timing = reaching untamed score is a valid point, its more work on accuracy -> time or vise versa, untimed allows you to see the type of questions that you don't get rather than didn't have time for... I guess either way works... never actually looked at it like that lol
WorldsCollide wrote:^ I just noticed you bolded the bit about me being jealous, Jgoods! I guess you all just have the time/find the time to study properly. Let's just say that if I continue what I have been doing, I'm not going to see much improvement at all.

clearly you missed the posts about me saying how I've been working on this pretty much for 3 days because I haven't had time to get it done lol

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:52 am

Hearsay ;)

At least you've worked on it for three days. I've worked on German homework and midterm studying :P . I am literally the stupidest person for taking on 19 credits the semester I'm studying for LSATs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”