The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
surf
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby surf » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 am

that's actually a good idea leaving 1-30s for drilling. I kind of just realized if I start in the 50s now with 3 tests a week I won't run out. maybe I'll just do that tomorrow. I need to get my schedule down...lol

User avatar
daisrt
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby daisrt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:35 am

Wait are you guys like manually averaging your undergrad's LSAT score or do you see an actual number on the transcript summary? I only see percentiles.

ETA: Found it, so mine is 163 out of 126 candidates. Does this really matter? And on a similar note, does your UG class rank really matter?

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:51 am

daisrt wrote:Wait are you guys like manually averaging your undergrad's LSAT score or do you see an actual number on the transcript summary? I only see percentiles.

ETA: Found it, so mine is 163 out of 126 candidates. Does this really matter? And on a similar note, does your UG class rank really matter?


Probably not. lol. All about yo lsat and gpa. :P

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:53 am

surf wrote:that's actually a good idea leaving 1-30s for drilling. I kind of just realized if I start in the 50s now with 3 tests a week I won't run out. maybe I'll just do that tomorrow. I need to get my schedule down...lol


20 from 53 to 73. Thats a good number of PT's. I'd definitely recommend mixing in the 60's and 70's. The latest PT I've taken so far is 61 and I can sort of tell a difference versus like PT 40's.

User avatar
daisrt
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby daisrt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:28 am

^^^ yeah. It seems like the more recent PTs (especially PT 73) have a trend of easier game setups with harder questions. The older PTs seem to have more complicated game setups.

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:39 am

Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4743
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:49 am

lawjag2015 wrote:Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

been lurking on the cornell site giving my brain a little time to wake up :P then back to working on pt32 (untimed)

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:02 am

Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

been lurking on the cornell site giving my brain a little time to wake up :P then back to working on pt32 (untimed)


You probably have the whole day to study (or maybe not!). I work full-time, engineer. Got to be at work at 8:30. Thinking of going in late by an hour to make up for the delay.

BTW, engineers are not necessarily good at LG. Saying as I saw some comments suggesting so!
Last edited by lawjag2015 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:35 am

daisrt wrote:Wait are you guys like manually averaging your undergrad's LSAT score or do you see an actual number on the transcript summary? I only see percentiles.

ETA: Found it, so mine is 163 out of 126 candidates. Does this really matter? And on a similar note, does your UG class rank really matter?


The admissions council looks at everything on that page. I'm sure they can see a lot more on that page than we can. They look for trends and explanations for who you are going to be as a student at their law school. Is UG class rank a big deal? Probably not. But it's a factor.

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:37 am

Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

been lurking on the cornell site giving my brain a little time to wake up :P then back to working on pt32 (untimed)


That's my favorite site these days! Especially after hearing all about it from the dean of admissions. I would LOVE to end up there next year!

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:48 am

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

been lurking on the cornell site giving my brain a little time to wake up :P then back to working on pt32 (untimed)


That's my favorite site these days! Especially after hearing all about it from the dean of admissions. I would LOVE to end up there next year!


Ithaca is uninspiring enough for me.

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 am

From a 2010 post:

Mean LSATs:

Valdosta State University 145
Southern Illinois University 146
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey 148
Towson University 148
Cal State Fullerton 148
Baruch - 149
UNC Wilmington - 149
Kennesaw State 149
City Univ. of NY 149
U New Mexico 149
Houston 149
Marist College 149
The Citadel 149
Uni. Nebraska - Omaha 149
University of Mississippi 150
U Hawaii 150
Wright State 150
University of Saskatchewan - 150
Franklin & Marshall 151
Ohio University 151
U Cincinnati 151
Marquette 151
Grand Valley State University - 152
St. John's 152
UConn 152
Michigan State 152
Arizona State 152
U Oklahoma 152
Saint Louis 152
Purdue University 152
Southern Utah University 152
University of Tennessee 152
Penn State, 152
Texas Christian University (TCU) 153
Indiana Bloomington 153
Ursinus College 153
Virginia Tech 153
University Maryland - Baltimore County 153
Baylor 153
Touro 153
American 154
Ohio State 154
U Oregon 154
Da Gators 154
U Iowa 154
U Santa Cruz 154
University of Mary Washington 154
Uni. Nebraska - Lincoln 154
UGa 155
University of Minnesota 155
Texas A&M 155
The College of New Jersey 155
Rensselaer Polytech Ins 155
U Illinois 155
U Washington 155
UCSB 155
UNC Chapel Hill - 155
CU Boulder 155
UC Davis 155
Wisconsin Madison 156
Lawrence University - 156
BU 156
Calvin College 156
Rutgers College 156
UCSD 156
Texas 156
George Washington 157
Wake Forest 157
USC (Southern Cal) 157
NYU 158
UCLA 158
Uva 158
WUSTL 158
U Michigan 158
Brandeis 158
St. John's College (NOT St. John's University) 158
UDallas 158
Georgia Tech 158
Vanderbilt 159
Bryn Mawr College 159
BYU 159
Colby College 159
Emory 159
Berkeley 159
Johns Hopkins 159
William & Mary 160
Georgetown 161
Haverford College 161
Washington & Lee 161
Northwestern 161
Notre Dame 161
U Chicago 162
Rice 162
Claremont McKenna 162
Columbia 163
Dartmouth 163
Duke 163
UPenn 163
MIT 163
Stanford 164
Pomona College 164
Yale 165
Harvard 166

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4743
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:27 am

lawjag2015 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

been lurking on the cornell site giving my brain a little time to wake up :P then back to working on pt32 (untimed)


You probably have the whole day to study (or maybe not!). I work full-time, engineer. Got to be at work at 8:30. Thinking of going in late by an hour to make up for the delay.

BTW, engineers are not necessarily good at LG. Saying as I saw some comments suggesting so!

I wish lol gotta head out by 8, get home around 6... just can't wake up and immediately look at problems

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:54 am

Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:Anyone out there yet? Morning is my only time to study, late today. :evil:

been lurking on the cornell site giving my brain a little time to wake up :P then back to working on pt32 (untimed)


You probably have the whole day to study (or maybe not!). I work full-time, engineer. Got to be at work at 8:30. Thinking of going in late by an hour to make up for the delay.

BTW, engineers are not necessarily good at LG. Saying as I saw some comments suggesting so!

I wish lol gotta head out by 8, get home around 6... just can't wake up and immediately look at problems


Hard to get the prep going with full-time work. Have to do it though! Somehow!

User avatar
ChemEng1642
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby ChemEng1642 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:45 am

lawjag2015 wrote:From a 2010 post:

Mean LSATs:

Valdosta State University 145
Southern Illinois University 146
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey 148
Towson University 148
Cal State Fullerton 148
Baruch - 149
UNC Wilmington - 149
Kennesaw State 149
City Univ. of NY 149
U New Mexico 149
Houston 149
Marist College 149
The Citadel 149
Uni. Nebraska - Omaha 149
University of Mississippi 150
U Hawaii 150
Wright State 150
University of Saskatchewan - 150
Franklin & Marshall 151
Ohio University 151
U Cincinnati 151
Marquette 151
Grand Valley State University - 152
St. John's 152
UConn 152
Michigan State 152
Arizona State 152
U Oklahoma 152
Saint Louis 152
Purdue University 152
Southern Utah University 152
University of Tennessee 152
Penn State, 152
Texas Christian University (TCU) 153
Indiana Bloomington 153
Ursinus College 153
Virginia Tech 153
University Maryland - Baltimore County 153
Baylor 153
Touro 153
American 154
Ohio State 154
U Oregon 154
Da Gators 154
U Iowa 154
U Santa Cruz 154
University of Mary Washington 154
Uni. Nebraska - Lincoln 154
UGa 155
University of Minnesota 155
Texas A&M 155
The College of New Jersey 155
Rensselaer Polytech Ins 155
U Illinois 155
U Washington 155
UCSB 155
UNC Chapel Hill - 155
CU Boulder 155
UC Davis 155
Wisconsin Madison 156
Lawrence University - 156
BU 156
Calvin College 156
Rutgers College 156
UCSD 156
Texas 156
George Washington 157
Wake Forest 157
USC (Southern Cal) 157
NYU 158
UCLA 158
Uva 158
WUSTL 158
U Michigan 158
Brandeis 158
St. John's College (NOT St. John's University) 158
UDallas 158
Georgia Tech 158
Vanderbilt 159
Bryn Mawr College 159
BYU 159
Colby College 159
Emory 159
Berkeley 159
Johns Hopkins 159
William & Mary 160
Georgetown 161
Haverford College 161
Washington & Lee 161
Northwestern 161
Notre Dame 161
U Chicago 162
Rice 162
Claremont McKenna 162
Columbia 163
Dartmouth 163
Duke 163
UPenn 163
MIT 163
Stanford 164
Pomona College 164
Yale 165
Harvard 166


lol my school isn't even on here - was a 160 though

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 am

ChemEng1642 wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:From a 2010 post:

Mean LSATs:

Valdosta State University 145
Southern Illinois University 146
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey 148
Towson University 148
Cal State Fullerton 148
Baruch - 149
UNC Wilmington - 149
Kennesaw State 149
City Univ. of NY 149
U New Mexico 149
Houston 149
Marist College 149
The Citadel 149
Uni. Nebraska - Omaha 149
University of Mississippi 150
U Hawaii 150
Wright State 150
University of Saskatchewan - 150
Franklin & Marshall 151
Ohio University 151
U Cincinnati 151
Marquette 151
Grand Valley State University - 152
St. John's 152
UConn 152
Michigan State 152
Arizona State 152
U Oklahoma 152
Saint Louis 152
Purdue University 152
Southern Utah University 152
University of Tennessee 152
Penn State, 152
Texas Christian University (TCU) 153
Indiana Bloomington 153
Ursinus College 153
Virginia Tech 153
University Maryland - Baltimore County 153
Baylor 153
Touro 153
American 154
Ohio State 154
U Oregon 154
Da Gators 154
U Iowa 154
U Santa Cruz 154
University of Mary Washington 154
Uni. Nebraska - Lincoln 154
UGa 155
University of Minnesota 155
Texas A&M 155
The College of New Jersey 155
Rensselaer Polytech Ins 155
U Illinois 155
U Washington 155
UCSB 155
UNC Chapel Hill - 155
CU Boulder 155
UC Davis 155
Wisconsin Madison 156
Lawrence University - 156
BU 156
Calvin College 156
Rutgers College 156
UCSD 156
Texas 156
George Washington 157
Wake Forest 157
USC (Southern Cal) 157
NYU 158
UCLA 158
Uva 158
WUSTL 158
U Michigan 158
Brandeis 158
St. John's College (NOT St. John's University) 158
UDallas 158
Georgia Tech 158
Vanderbilt 159
Bryn Mawr College 159
BYU 159
Colby College 159
Emory 159
Berkeley 159
Johns Hopkins 159
William & Mary 160
Georgetown 161
Haverford College 161
Washington & Lee 161
Northwestern 161
Notre Dame 161
U Chicago 162
Rice 162
Claremont McKenna 162
Columbia 163
Dartmouth 163
Duke 163
UPenn 163
MIT 163
Stanford 164
Pomona College 164
Yale 165
Harvard 166


lol my school isn't even on here - was a 160 though


Looking at this list, unless things have changed since 2010, 160 is pretty good.

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby peppermint » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:01 pm

.
Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Big 50

User avatar
lawjag2015
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby lawjag2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:16 pm

peppermint wrote:Had my first LSAT-related dream last night. It had something to do with finding flaws & I woke up really angry :|


I know that LR and RC are things we'd be doing all our lives as lawyers, so I don't mind them. LG on the other hand, not so sure how useful it will be post-LSAT. I am not saying that it won't be useful at all, but maybe not as useful as the other two.

But, as of now, LSAT first!

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:18 pm

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11948
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:21 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4743
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:06 pm

boo
Today feels like it's dragging :/ no bueno
I gotta try and go hard on some material when I get home since Ill prob be spending half my day in the city tomorrow... I really dont wanna walk from Penn to the forum lol

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Jgoods wrote:boo
Today feels like it's dragging :/ no bueno
I gotta try and go hard on some material when I get home since Ill prob be spending half my day in the city tomorrow... I really dont wanna walk from Penn to the forum lol


No car?

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4743
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:52 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:boo
Today feels like it's dragging :/ no bueno
I gotta try and go hard on some material when I get home since Ill prob be spending half my day in the city tomorrow... I really dont wanna walk from Penn to the forum lol


No car?

I live on the Island... no wai am I driving to Manhattan lol, Im hopping on the train

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:09 pm

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B-Mo, badhombre, bcapace, cooldog, dontsaywhatyoumean, erinkh, LewD33, mrgstephe, VMars and 15 guests