The Official December 2014 Study Group

waterandparchedearth

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:50 am

Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:
waterandparchedearth wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:LR -2, RC -3 this morning. Did only 4 games (ordering), -1 in that in 29 minutes.
First day of full seriousness, but, a lot more games from tomorrow!

Nice job! If you can be that motivated before 9:30 in the morning I'm sure your continued full seriousness training will go very well :)

lets play find that flaw :p just because its before 9:30 for us doesn't necessarily means its before 9:30 for him :wink: (unless of course I missed something which he mentioned his time zone or something, in which case completely ignore this post)

9:44 am here! East coast ;)

Jgoods wrote:completely ignore this post)
[/quote]

Also how do we know lawjag is a he? That's an unsupported assumption as well, isn't it? I don't see his/her gender listed.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 am

Also how do we know lawjag is a he? That's an unsupported assumption as well, isn't it? I don't see his/her gender listed.

assuming he hasn't posting anything in any other thread indicating such and then assuming I havent seen all of them... more assumptions :P (that sounds very creepy I know)

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:18 am

Jgoods wrote:

assuming he hasn't posting anything in any other thread indicating such and then assuming I havent seen all of them... more assumptions :P (that sounds very creepy I know)

Yes, very creepy. And now my brain hurts. For some reason I'm really struggling to get LSAT motivated today. Perhaps it has something to do with being in extreme pain from a root canal yesterday...

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 am

Jgoods wrote:

Yes, very creepy. And now my brain hurts. For some reason I'm really struggling to get LSAT motivated today. Perhaps it has something to do with being in extreme pain from a root canal yesterday...

perhaps indeed lol
and I spent a bit of time going through posts to try and see if I could claim I didnt assume... but I failed :/ you got me... I just tried to hide it lol

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:29 am

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 am

peppermint wrote:Water & Jgoods, y'all are hilarious :lol:

lawjag2015 wrote:Why is it that I am very comfortable with ordering, and not even half confident in grouping games? What are the underlying differences in thought processes I wonder? Anyone?

Ugh, I'm like that on grouping games too. I freeze up & then that totally affects my timing. I need to figure out how to get more confident on them before test day :| I've been drilling tons of them but I still don't like doing them

Its all about the inferences, I feel like its a little easier to see the inferences in an ordering game than grouping, but just gotta keep pushing, watch videos and see how the different types of inferences are made and shown and try to utilize your own way to do it which you can grasp and remember

I personally love odyssey's videos on games and have def grasped some of the ways he sets up the games to easily tackle the questions (they had a free access to their LG videos b4 oct but currently have a free 2-week trial you can look into)

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:38 am

Morning all!

My plan for today is to do my BP hw:

-20 Main Points
-20 Describe

-6 Tiered Ordering games

-6 RC passages

Will poke ITT throughout the day. :P

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:42 am

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

longhorn65

Postby longhorn65 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:43 am

nlee10 wrote:Morning all!

-20 Main Points
-20 Describe

-6 Tiered Ordering games

-6 RC passages

Looks like a nice set up. Is this how most people study? Ive been focussing on one section but I feel by the time I get back to games 3 days later ive forgotten alot

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:46 am

longhorn65 wrote:

-20 Main Points
-20 Describe

-6 Tiered Ordering games

-6 RC passages

Looks like a nice set up. Is this how most people study? Ive been focussing on one section but I feel by the time I get back to games 3 days later ive forgotten alot

word, I did 50 MBT throughout yesterday (-5/2-L1&3L2) Gotta go over like 3 or 4 of them again then prob try to get in 50-70 maybe and some MSS
And everyone has their own way they study, gotta find what works for you. If you go back to games 3days later and are lost... throw in some games in your day, even if its just one a day to keep the flow of games in your head

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am

longhorn65 wrote:

btw... you can gif now :)

Last edited by Smallville on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am

longhorn65 wrote:

-20 Main Points
-20 Describe

-6 Tiered Ordering games

-6 RC passages

This is how Blueprint usually assigns homework after a session. I like this approach because I can do a little bit of each section.

lawjag2015

Postby lawjag2015 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:49 am

Lawjag is a he indeed!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 am

lawjag2015 wrote:

Lawjag is a he indeed!

its your lack of tar... its generally an accepted practice on TLS and ITT to assume posted is their 'tar... (IE. nlee is a ghost and rigo is a caterpillar) so you must be nothingness :p

lawjag2015

Postby lawjag2015 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:54 am

Jgoods wrote:

lawjag2015 wrote:Why is it that I am very comfortable with ordering, and not even half confident in grouping games? What are the underlying differences in thought processes I wonder? Anyone?

Ugh, I'm like that on grouping games too. I freeze up & then that totally affects my timing. I need to figure out how to get more confident on them before test day :| I've been drilling tons of them but I still don't like doing them

Its all about the inferences, I feel like its a little easier to see the inferences in an ordering game than grouping, but just gotta keep pushing, watch videos and see how the different types of inferences are made and shown and try to utilize your own way to do it which you can grasp and remember

I personally love odyssey's videos on games and have def grasped some of the ways he sets up the games to easily tackle the questions (they had a free access to their LG videos b4 oct but currently have a free 2-week trial you can look into)

Odyssey or 7Sage? Haven't watched any videos by anyone. I definitely should....was set on 7Sage.

longhorn65

Postby longhorn65 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 am

Jgoods wrote:
longhorn65 wrote:

Pure gold! Thank you I didn't even noticeImage

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:59 am

lawjag2015 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

Odyssey or 7Sage? Haven't watched any videos by anyone. I definitely should....was set on 7Sage.

I stick with Odyssey bc I registered for the free acces (up till Feb) while they offered it and I prefer it to the few vids ive watched from 7sage, but https://odysseytestprep.com/revolution/2-week-sign-up/ thats the link they posted for a 2week trial, give them a shot and compare it to 7sage... but videos are def great bc you can watch how inferences and diagrams are made by people who really know what theyre doing

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:00 am

longhorn65 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
longhorn65 wrote:

Pure gold! Thank you I didn't even noticeImage

its practically my job ITT to point out when people can gif :P its not an abundant part of TT but they are def fun when properly used

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:07 am

Jgoods wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

perhaps indeed lol
and I spent a bit of time going through posts to try and see if I could claim I didnt assume... but I failed :/ you got me... I just tried to hide it lol

Granted, I've only been here a day...but I feel pretty accomplished about this :D

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:08 am

Jgoods wrote:

Thanks peppermint :)

I feel like the odd one out here because grouping games came pretty naturally to me whereas ordering took a lot more conscious effort to improve.

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:10 am

lawjag2015 wrote:

Lawjag is a he indeed!

I mean, I assumed so too, but since you never made that clear before, and it doesn't say on your profile, I kinda just wanted to be a smartass back to JGoods :) But goddamnit, now he was right...

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 am

lawjag2015 wrote:

Lawjag is a he indeed!

I mean, I assumed so too, but since you never made that clear before, and it doesn't say on your profile, I kinda just wanted to be a smartass back to JGoods :) But goddamnit, now he was right...

gotta learn to multi-quote so you dont need to post 3 times :P Twice can be acceptable(has to be... I do it so cant say its not :P) but 3 is a little overkill :P

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 am

Jgoods wrote:
lawjag2015 wrote:

Lawjag is a he indeed!

gotta learn to multi-quote so you dont need to post 3 times :P Twice can be acceptable(has to be... I do it so cant say its not :P) but 3 is a little overkill :P

Yeah, I'm sorry. Still learning the ropes here...I know it's annoying. Will try to avoid it in the future.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:31 am

Anyone PT'ing this weekend?

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:33 am

nlee10 wrote:Anyone PT'ing this weekend?

gunna try, I might be going to the city to the NY forum Saturday, not sure yet but either way im gunna try to fit an untimed one in

Yeah, I'm sorry. Still learning the ropes here...I know it's annoying. Will try to avoid it in the future.

all good

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”