The Official December 2014 Study Group

Rigo

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Jgoods wrote:
waterandparchedearth wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
waterandparchedearth wrote:Currently going over incorrect answers on a PT and writing out explanations (it helps me understand better for some reason). Just wrote the following note in all caps, and highlighted:

KIND OF GET IT BUT STILL WEIRD AND WOULD LIKE CLARIFICATION

...before of course realizing that even applies to over half of the questions I actually get right.

Thanks for bringing us back on topic Water.

ETA: Wouldn't wanna get lounged before the test even happens.

Yeah, wasn't the subtlest attempt, but whatever works...or doesn't. I guess we'll see.

hit meh, Ill try to help (sorry I don't like when people fight... it brings the arbitrator out of me :P)
just make sure you give spoiler alerts if you go into answer choices and such

Absolutely, thanks for the heads up. And for trying to contribute to keeping the peace (that makes two of us arbitrators). At this point I'm still gonna search around because I'm sure my questions have been explained to death somewhere, but I'll be sure to do that if it comes to it.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Absolutely, thanks for the heads up. And for trying to contribute to keeping the peace (that makes two of us arbitrators). At this point I'm still gonna search around because I'm sure my questions have been explained to death somewhere, but I'll be sure to do that if it comes to it.

we(or most of us) won't yell at you for asking something that was already discussed lol so no worries about posting it again

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:JGoods,

This thread is in danger of getting lounged.

Anyways,

What was your last PT?

Mine was PT32, so I was surprised that I struggled as much as I did, especially with RC. But shit happens...now just to go over every wrong question in excruciating detail until I understand all of them :D

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Anyways,

What was your last PT?

Mine was PT32, so I was surprised that I struggled as much as I did, especially with RC. But shit happens...now just to go over every wrong question in excruciating detail until I understand all of them :D

yeah I hear ya, RC is rough. Velocity has some video explanations(they actually start at PT32) the free ones aren't too detailed but they are nice to watch and then theres always manhattan forums which can be of some help

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Anyways,

What was your last PT?

30's have some weird RC passages.

If you care to hear my advice on RC here it is-you need to find what works for you as cliche as that sounds. My RC strategy is not the one of Manhattan, Powerscore, Velocity etc. Instead its a mixture of all of those…You need to test different "ways", and stick the one that works for you.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Jgoods wrote:

Anyways,

What was your last PT?

yeah I hear ya, RC is rough. Velocity has some video explanations(they actually start at PT32) the free ones aren't too detailed but they are nice to watch and then theres always manhattan forums which can be of some help

Yeah, those are better than nothing. For me, my problem with RC is when I cannot decipher the structure of a dense passage (most likely humanities). If I'm good with knowing the structure of a passage, I'll usually go 100% or miss a Q. I got fairly lucky today on my first 20 RC section, understood 3 of the passages well enough and bombed the humanities one. ughhh

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dream_weaver32

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 pm

LLH has a serious problem playing a victim. If you can't even handle a simple message board, I can't imagine how you would handle the politics of a workplace. Wait yes I do, you'll be off on your own.

Dream_weaver32

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:[
Dirigo,

That means you would be banned.

Also, I'm happy to report that colonel and I are working things out. :oops:

and now she is the almighty authority on whats acceptable on TLS.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Dirigo wrote:In reality, mods would probably just ban the trouble makers. Study threads belong in this forum and only here.

Dirigo,

LLH stop being silly please...
but good
Dream_weaver32 wrote:LLH has a serious problem playing a victim. If you can't even handle a simple message board, I can't imagine how you would handle the politics of a workplace. Wait yes I do, you'll be off on your own.

hi dream... hope things are well.... but no starting anything more! play nice!
Last edited by Smallville on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Dream_weaver32 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:[
Dirigo,

and now she is the almighty authority on whats acceptable on TLS.

This was said in a humorous way -ha ha GET IT? You need to relax a tad bit.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 pm

refer to past billion posts made by... well me
PLAY NICE PEOPLE! (Especially if your visiting TT) we welcome all just please don't cause issues (<3 u all)

ETA: don't feel like quoting but in reference to being said in humorous way... I kind of read it like Whaaaa? myself, had little uhhhhhhhhh sarcasm tone to it, felt plain and therefore hard to grasp (yes I see my own flaws there)
but lets just play nice, we don't poke fun ITT even jokingly so be good
Last edited by Smallville on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dream_weaver32

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Jgoods wrote:hi dream... hope things are well.... but no starting anything more! play nice!

things are great here! hope all is well with you

Dream_weaver32

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
Dream_weaver32 wrote:LLH has a serious problem playing a victim. If you can't even handle a simple message board, I can't imagine how you would handle the politics of a workplace. Wait yes I do, you'll be off on your own.

What was the purpose of this post? You don't know me, so please refrain from placing judgment. To assume that I somehow take to heart whats being said on here is a poor assumption. Trust me.

I don't have to know you, every time you are on here it's,

How rude
Why are you so mean?
Be nice.

EVERY TIME!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Dream_weaver32 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

What was the purpose of this post? You don't know me, so please refrain from placing judgment. To assume that I somehow take to heart whats being said on here is a poor assumption. Trust me.

How rude
Why are you so mean?
Be nice.

EVERY TIME!

well I will say its often to people being pretty ridiculous, maybe not every time but I play good guy J...I mean look at my name... but ya lets all be friends... hows it go?
got nothing good to say GTFO!! don't say anything... ya that seems right :mrgreen:

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dream_weaver32

Postby Dream_weaver32 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 pm

mist4bison wrote:Wow, just noticing all the drama. As much as I love drama--like, I thrive on drama, it's my lifeblood--please find a better outlet for it than a freaking LSAT thread. Seriously? Please, children. Calm yourselves. And learn how to use PM.

Yes mother

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 pm

So now I'm writing on my notes about why an answer choice of mine was wrong, "basically all the reasons". Somehow I picked the one answer that broke like three rules of the game. :? Really kicking some LSAT ass tonight. Is anyone else having a really terrible PT kind of day or is everyone else having better luck here?

In addition to my totally transparent topic change attempt (though also completely authentic anecdote), please can we at least move these heated discussions from this thread into PMs? That is, if they need to continue at all?

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Dream_weaver32 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Wow, just noticing all the drama. As much as I love drama--like, I thrive on drama, it's my lifeblood--please find a better outlet for it than a freaking LSAT thread. Seriously? Please, children. Calm yourselves. And learn how to use PM.

Yes mother

no sassing mist dream!

waterandparchedearth

Postby waterandparchedearth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Not at all related to your message, but I love your avatar.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Dream_weaver32 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

How rude
Why are you so mean?
Be nice.

EVERY TIME!

What does that have to do with how I view this forum when it comes to me personally. Others posters do come here to post, and take whats being said to them seriously. You wouldn't want to come on here and be attacked either, so when I address that someone is being rude-yeah, its probably because you are. Its different when you are addressing other posters that understand your humor-where you are coming from. As far as I'm concerned trust me I won't be losing sleep over anyone's comments on this forum regardless how rude they are.
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 pm

no worries, I got this... i hope :P :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”