The Official December 2014 Study Group

WorldsCollide

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 am

Jgoods wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:Today's plan.....RC drilling all day long!!

That.Sounds.Horrible. may the odds be ever in your favor...
:)

Haha tell me about it! I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end =) I think I'm going to drill until noon and then take another PT this afternoon. I'm so antsy to get my scores up lol

true story... And PT after PT (timed atleast) wont be the best way to get your score up. I would think about throwing untimed PT's in to check ur accuracy. like if you get close to your avg untimed you know you have a bigger issue than timing and need to focus on accuracy and such

I second this.

Before the June LSAT (which I ended up not taking) I took 20 PTs in two weeks and it definitely didn't help me increase my score properly.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 am

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:21 am

mist4bison wrote:
peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:You all are so inspiring.

mist4bison... what type of muffins? :shock:

Haha, I was wondering about this too :D

Lol, banana chocolate walnut (with a secret ingredient that makes it freaking amazing), blueberry, and some healthy pumpkin oatmeal muffins, which don't taste as good because they have no butter, egg yolks, or sugar at all, but they also only have 120 calories in pretty decent size muffin.

Now I'm procrasticooking some chili, then I'll drill LR.

lmao your too funny

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 am

WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
I second this.

Before the June LSAT (which I ended up not taking) I took 20 PTs in two weeks and it definitely didn't help me increase my score properly.

dang, lol. I have 5-6 PT's planned every 2 weeks leading up to the exam. Hopefully that amount is the sweet spot for improvement!

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

mist4bison wrote:
peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:You all are so inspiring.

mist4bison... what type of muffins? :shock:

Haha, I was wondering about this too :D

Lol, banana chocolate walnut (with a secret ingredient that makes it freaking amazing), blueberry, and some healthy pumpkin oatmeal muffins, which don't taste as good because they have no butter, egg yolks, or sugar at all, but they also only have 120 calories in pretty decent size muffin.

Now I'm procrasticooking some chili, then I'll drill LR.

When is the "sending food through the internet" invention coming out?

nlee10 wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
I second this.

dang, lol. I have 5-6 PT's planned every 2 weeks leading up to the exam. Hopefully that amount is the sweet spot for improvement!

Needless to say, I was burned out. :P . And as long as you review them afterwards and adjust your schedule if you feel burned out, you should be fine :)

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:51 am

Jgoods wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:Today's plan.....RC drilling all day long!!

That.Sounds.Horrible. may the odds be ever in your favor...
:)

Haha tell me about it! I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end =) I think I'm going to drill until noon and then take another PT this afternoon. I'm so antsy to get my scores up lol

true story... And PT after PT (timed atleast) wont be the best way to get your score up. I would think about throwing untimed PT's in to check ur accuracy. like if you get close to your avg untimed you know you have a bigger issue than timing and need to focus on accuracy and such

That's exactly what I do :) about half of my PTs are timed and half are untimed. In my head I keep track of my different scores. Highest timed PT is a 167 and highest untimed PT is 168. Timing really isn't my issue (luckily). But my RC practice today has been soooo much better than previous drilling, hence my antsiness to see if it will translate while taking a PT.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:57 am

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Jgoods wrote:true story... And PT after PT (timed atleast) wont be the best way to get your score up. I would think about throwing untimed PT's in to check ur accuracy. like if you get close to your avg untimed you know you have a bigger issue than timing and need to focus on accuracy and such

That's exactly what I do :) about half of my PTs are timed and half are untimed. In my head I keep track of my different scores. Highest timed PT is a 167 and highest untimed PT is 168. Timing really isn't my issue (luckily). But my RC practice today has been soooo much better than previous drilling, hence my antsiness to see if it will translate while taking a PT.

then yeah it def isnt the issue and its accuracy, keep drilling untimed and get that accuracy up... you can easily get 170's

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 am

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:

I feel like that after every BP class. Want to take a PT the next day and see if I learned. LOL

lawjag2015

Postby lawjag2015 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:04 am

Depends where you are in your prep. first time test takers can gain a lot by doing hard PT slog. I did that for June and that is how I broke through my timing barriers. The downside is that it definitely affects your brain, no matter who you are, you are going to get tired mentally. At this point of time, for someone like me, a third time test taker, PTs can be and should be less frequent, as there is more to gain by focusing on weaknesses, drills and section tests. Regular PTs are still needed though!

jlk411

Postby jlk411 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:39 pm

On test 52 passage 3 about evolutionary game theory...question 14, anyone? i picked c. not finding explanations on manhattan that click for me. thanks!

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:45 pm

sup non waiters

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:48 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:55 pm

jlk411 wrote:On test 52 passage 3 about evolutionary game theory...question 14, anyone? i picked c. not finding explanations on manhattan that click for me. thanks!

dem spoiler alertz

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:sup non waiters

well we are waiting for the test... so wouldn't that make us waiters in a way?

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:11 pm

I was planning to do some BP homework but realized there isn't any for tonight so doing Superprep A!
2 sections-long break cuz of some errands-2 sections. lol

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:14 pm

PrepTest 32 LG killed me. 51m53 seconds with -6. Crying on the inside. My worst performance on LG since I started doing one a day.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:PrepTest 32 LG killed me. 51m53 seconds with -6. Crying on the inside. My worst performance on LG since I started doing one a day.

I need to redo G4 on PT55.
I kind of don't want to touch that god awful PT though. It's for the best I do though. Maybe I'll try reviewing it at the gym like we all talked about awhile back.

Just realized I misread so many rules. I feel stupid.

You can do it Dirigo! I understand the "ugh noooooo" feeling of not wanting to review, but it's the only way to improve our score and make sure all our work is not for nothing 0_0

On another note, reading/studying while you're in the gym actually makes the exercise kind of worthless if you're doing it WHILE you're on the treadmill/bike because you're not running/cycling fast enough to make it hard for you. And if you are doing it fast enough, you won't be able to read/study properly 0_0.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Dirigo wrote:Have you started back up with studying or just PS and hoping September score is awesome?

Just PS and waiting. maybe ill look at a logic game this week

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:sup non waiters

well we are waiting for the test... so wouldn't that make us waiters in a way?

Shh don't point that out, I need to you to stay in the on-t's

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Colonel, what are the chances our scores come out BEFORE October 22nd? 0_0.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:38 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:PrepTest 32 LG killed me. 51m53 seconds with -6. Crying on the inside. My worst performance on LG since I started doing one a day.

I kind of don't want to touch that god awful PT though. It's for the best I do though. Maybe I'll try reviewing it at the gym like we all talked about awhile back.

You can do it Dirigo! I understand the "ugh noooooo" feeling of not wanting to review, but it's the only way to improve our score and make sure all our work is not for nothing 0_0

On another note, reading/studying while you're in the gym actually makes the exercise kind of worthless if you're doing it WHILE you're on the treadmill/bike because you're not running/cycling fast enough to make it hard for you. And if you are doing it fast enough, you won't be able to read/study properly 0_0.

not true, IMO the best way to do cardio is HIT so you can review while cruzing and take the 30-45sec breaks to go in and then continue reviewing for 2-3min :p

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:50 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:Colonel, what are the chances our scores come out BEFORE October 22nd? 0_0.

I got mine last night , you didn't?
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Jgoods wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

not true, IMO the best way to do cardio is HIT so you can review while cruzing and take the 30-45sec breaks to go in and then continue reviewing for 2-3min :p

HIIT?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”