The Official December 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:14 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
surf
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby surf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:18 am

nlee10 wrote:Anyone watch How to get away with murder? Bout to watch the first episode.


these legal shows..... going to make a bunch of UGs think going to law school is cool now.

I was reading some comment on youtube for that show's trailer from a law student about how law school is nothing like the show. I might watch an episode tho if I ever get around to it. methinks tv is a drain

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:21 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
surf
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby surf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:22 am

Dirigo wrote:Being a lawyer really isn't that exciting. A ton of research, reading, and writing.


just ask any lawyer. chances are they'll tell you to run. fast.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:23 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
surf
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby surf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 am

nlee10 wrote:
haha I know law school and being a lawyer is far from the vibe in Suits and How to get away with Murder, just to name a few, but it's certainly a good stress reliever from LSAT studying. :P


agreed. family guy isn't helping me study....but such a great reliever.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:28 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
surf
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby surf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:34 am

i just youtubed the first season trailer. that wife looks like she ETA - always has a stick up her ass. does she ever crack a smile? shat...

Oneplustwoisfour
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Oneplustwoisfour » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:43 am

I really don't mind more and more people taking up LSAT because of Suits & other such shows as long as they stay deluded. Probably helps the curve, ya know?

User avatar
surf
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby surf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:48 am

I don't know much about the curve or how it works with this test..... but I agree with you that if you're swayed by a show then you should rethink your plans ; )

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:50 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamerchic19
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby dreamerchic19 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:03 am

Dirigo wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote:have taken the LSAT twice, thinking about December

I don't feel mentally motivated so I'm thinking about investing in a class this time instead of self study

Has anyone had any good experience with Kaplan?

Don't talk about Kaplan or people will think you're trolling.
Image
ETA: If you're not motivated, a class isn't the solution. So much of LSAT prepping is on your own when no one is watching. Motivation is the only fuel we have.
I've really been struggling with motivation this week so I feel you. It's hard to get started again after several days off the wagon.


lol I keep hearing awful things about Kaplan. Guess I'll pull out my old powerscore books. I may take some private tutoring for more focused help if needed. Maybe some good Starbucks will get me going again

dreamerchic19
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby dreamerchic19 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:04 am

surf wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Being a lawyer really isn't that exciting. A ton of research, reading, and writing.


just ask any lawyer. chances are they'll tell you to run. fast.


I think it's what you make it, people are doing so many unconventional things with law degrees now

Oneplustwoisfour
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Oneplustwoisfour » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:16 am

dreamerchic19 wrote:
surf wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Being a lawyer really isn't that exciting. A ton of research, reading, and writing.


just ask any lawyer. chances are they'll tell you to run. fast.


I think it's what you make it, people are doing so many unconventional things with law degrees now


In a sense, yeah, I got passed up on few intel jobs because they were only hiring law students. But why dump so much money at a law school when it would be cheaper and more efficient to take their respective approaches to those unconventional things? Especially that the # of schools/courses/training & diversity in each fields is already saturated.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby nlee10 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:46 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:49 am

The Good Wife wins all! (Legal shows)

Dirigo wrote:I've really been struggling with motivation this week so I feel you. It's hard to get started again after several days off the wagon.


You've got this Dirigo! Get back on the wagon! You don't want to wake up in January (when you get your score back) or in May (when you've heard back from most schools) and regret not spending all the time you have on LSAT Prep.

madz
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:31 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby madz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:01 am

dreamerchic19 wrote: Maybe some good Starbucks will get me going again


Ding.

If you've taken it twice already, I think self-study is in order at least for starters. I'll be taking for 3rd time in December... when re-studying for September, I just put myself in a cafe/library and dove in to 7sage videos. Little commitment, JY always has jokes. They got me warmed up and I was back in it in no time. There is no way I can study in my apt, that's just me.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 am

madz wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote: Maybe some good Starbucks will get me going again


Ding.

If you've taken it twice already, I think self-study is in order at least for starters. I'll be taking for 3rd time in December... when re-studying for September, I just put myself in a cafe/library and dove in to 7sage videos. Little commitment, JY always has jokes. They got me warmed up and I was back in it in no time. There is no way I can study in my apt, that's just me.


I guess you and your apartment will be "forever apart." :P

ETA: Does the Trainer have a breakdown of all the Logical Reasoning questions?

Oneplustwoisfour
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Oneplustwoisfour » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:33 am

WorldsCollide wrote:
ETA: Does the Trainer have a breakdown of all the Logical Reasoning questions?


Yeah, he categorizes them differently, in fact his breakdown includes 3 more types than the bible. 'Must be True', 'Must be False' & 'Can be most supported from above' are all listed under inference. Under flaw/assumption Qs, he lists basic assumptions, flaws, sufficient Assumption, and required assumptions differently than bible. I loved his approach as a beginner.

User avatar
WorldsCollide
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 am

Oneplustwoisfour wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
ETA: Does the Trainer have a breakdown of all the Logical Reasoning questions?


Yeah, he categorizes them differently, in fact his breakdown includes 3 more types than the bible. 'Must be True', 'Must be False' & 'Can be most supported from above' are all listed under inference. Under flaw/assumption Qs, he lists basic assumptions, flaws, sufficient Assumption, and required assumptions differently than bible. I loved his approach as a beginner.


I'm not really a beginner lol. But I'll definitely work through the Trainer while drilling! Thanks!

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 am

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:36 am

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:41 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby mist4bison » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:41 am

.
Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4747
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby Smallville » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 am

mist4bison wrote:
madz wrote:
dreamerchic19 wrote: Maybe some good Starbucks will get me going again


Ding.

If you've taken it twice already, I think self-study is in order at least for starters. I'll be taking for 3rd time in December... when re-studying for September, I just put myself in a cafe/library and dove in to 7sage videos. Little commitment, JY always has jokes. They got me warmed up and I was back in it in no time. There is no way I can study in my apt, that's just me.


I know 7sage for LG is free, but is there 7sage for LR? If so, is it free?

they do have free explanations but only why an answer is the answer, not very detailed about wrong AC (obvi so you pay them for more info) but still nice to check out




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, etramak, Vino.Veritas and 7 guests