The Official December 2014 Study Group

WorldsCollide

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Oh okay sorry. I thought you meant you skip the dense passages. :P . That's what I do. I actually save comparative reading for last because that way I can read only one passage and answer the questions pertaining to it if I'm REALLY short on time.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:25 pm

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:37 pm

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:40 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:41 pm

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:19 pm

I need advice!

So I’ve typed up the LGs from PrepTests 19-27, 39-45, 52, 60, 61, 65-68

Now… should I print 7-18 (which I have never seen/done) or any from 53-59 or 62-64 (which I’ve done as part of timed PTs but are the most recent)? It will take me longer to type up the latter LGs but if it’s worth it because they’re the most recent, then I shall!

(And none of the ones I listed are PrepTests I will be doing timed)

shootingforthestars

Postby shootingforthestars » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi guys, another guy checking in... I took a Kaplan prep course over the summer, but didn't feel ready to take the test last month, so I postponed until December. Currently I'm scoring 150-155 on my practice tests and I'm hoping to improve at least to the 165-169 range by December! I have a 3.56 GPA so I really need to get as close to a 170 to have a shot at the T14.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:56 pm

shootingforthestars

Postby shootingforthestars » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Dirigo wrote:
shootingforthestars wrote:Hi guys, another guy checking in... I took a Kaplan prep course over the summer, but didn't feel ready to take the test last month, so I postponed until December. Currently I'm scoring 150-155 on my practice tests and I'm hoping to improve at least to the 165-169 range by December! I have a 3.56 GPA so I really need to get as close to a 170 to have a shot at the T14.

Welcome! :D
Read the original post and ditch Kaplan.

Hi, thanks! :D I've been lurking this board for a bit so I already figured that Kaplan is not considered to be the best... I've ordered the LSAT Trainer, I hope it shows up soon!

I've also been contemplating ordering the Powerscore bible. Do you think I really need it in addition to the LSAT Trainer? I haven't looked at the 7Sage videos yet but I understand these are really good? I still miss like 10 questions on logic games sections but in reality I miss a lot on all parts of the test :lol:

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:01 pm

hotpinkpumas

Postby hotpinkpumas » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Jgoods wrote:so didn't get to review my PT from last night cuz of an unexpected mishap :/ and who knows what I'm gunna get in today... bleu, wish I coulda woke up and have everything be diff..

jrdavila09 wrote:Alright guys, now that Alumni Night for my Frat is over for me. I've realized that taking a PT in my condition wouldn't be beneficial to me in any capacity. Bright note, I realized that being in a Frat is very beneficial. Met a fellow alumni who is in his 3rd year at Texas A&M School of Law. He says it's not that bad unless you make it that bad.

its a fraternity bro... you wouldn't call your country a c*nt would you?

wow I'm greek too and I remember one time I said "frat" in front our greek council advisor and he told me that. i never said 'frat' again. :lol:

Dirigo wrote:They are.
To clarify: I've started doing the densest (most questions) passages first and saving the 5 question easy passage for last. It's easier to rush through easy passages when you have little time remaining.
I haven't perfected the strategy or RC, but I'm just trying things out.
MEA's improvement to -4 is awesome though so I'm gonna to follow what she's been doing.

^ sounds like a really interesting strategy-- might try this out! I always seem seem to run out of time by my last passage and end up rushing through it.

shootingforthestars

Postby shootingforthestars » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:07 pm

mist4bison wrote:
shootingforthestars wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
shootingforthestars wrote:Hi guys, another guy checking in... I took a Kaplan prep course over the summer, but didn't feel ready to take the test last month, so I postponed until December. Currently I'm scoring 150-155 on my practice tests and I'm hoping to improve at least to the 165-169 range by December! I have a 3.56 GPA so I really need to get as close to a 170 to have a shot at the T14.

Welcome! :D
Read the original post and ditch Kaplan.

Hi, thanks! :D I've been lurking this board for a bit so I already figured that Kaplan is not considered to be the best... I've ordered the LSAT Trainer, I hope it shows up soon!

I've also been contemplating ordering the Powerscore bible. Do you think I really need it in addition to the LSAT Trainer? I haven't looked at the 7Sage videos yet but I understand these are really good? I still miss like 10 questions on logic games sections but in reality I miss a lot on all parts of the test :lol:

I personally used the bibles before the Trainer and didn't really feel like I had much improvement until I reached the Trainer. In other words, stick with the Trainer and Cambridge drills first.

ETA: Oh, and welcome!

Thanks! This thread already seems like it will really be a great resource! I don't really know anyone who is preparing for the LSAT so it's great that there is a place to talk with others who are in the same boat!

Ok perhaps should I plan to work my way through the LSAT Trainer first, and see where I'm at at that point!

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:09 pm

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:33 pm

8)
Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

shootingforthestars

Postby shootingforthestars » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Thank you guys so much for your help! The Internet can be a very negative place sometimes, so it's nice talking to people who are so helpful even to a random stranger like me :)

Mist4bison, what do you mean by drills? Just doing questions from practice tests? Does the LSAT Trainer come with drills?

Peppermint, thanks for the complement! I thought my screen name was a good choice because I am starting low but aiming high!

BTW, has anyone taken this test before? I'd really like to just talk to someone about all this because I am very nervous, and as I said I don't really know anyone who's taking or has taken the LSAT. Its tough out there sometimes.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

shootingforthestars

Postby shootingforthestars » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 pm

peppermint wrote:
shootingforthestars wrote:Thank you guys so much for your help! The Internet can be a very negative place sometimes, so it's nice talking to people who are so helpful even to a random stranger like me :)

Mist4bison, what do you mean by drills? Just doing questions from practice tests? Does the LSAT Trainer come with drills?

Peppermint, thanks for the complement! I thought my screen name was a good choice because I am starting low but aiming high!

BTW, has anyone taken this test before? I'd really like to just talk to someone about all this because I am very nervous, and as I said I don't really know anyone who's taking or has taken the LSAT. Its tough out there sometimes.

The trainer does have some drills but by drilling we mean the Cambridge packets. They break the questions down by type so they're really great at improving understanding and accuracy

ETA- here you go :) http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/

Thank you!!!!!

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:49 pm

mist4bison wrote:
Wait, I'm confused....why are you typing these?

I don't think it would hurt to do them again, especially if you missed some.

I bought the books for the PrepTests so I don't have pdfs. And I can't be bothered scanning at my school.

peppermint wrote:
Also, shootingforthestars, I just really have to say I like your screen name- it's full of positive energy :) Oh, and welcome to the Dec thread!

I agree :) welcome shootingforthestars! And yes... this place is full of such nice people. I have a meltdown every other post but people here keep me in check ;)

I took the September test a week ago.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 pm

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:57 pm

mist4bison wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
mist4bison wrote:

I bought the books for the PrepTests so I don't have pdfs. And I can't be bothered scanning at my school.

Ohhh, that makes sense. Is it more work to type than it would be to just copy them? If you have no other choice and really need to improve on LG, I'd say type them out even if you've already done them.

Yeah I think it is. Because I need to erase all my pencil markings (and I wrote ALL over the LG sections) and scan at my school. When I type them up, I have a clean copy on my computer.
I would offer my typed LGs to anyone who wants them, but I don't know the policy regarding that :P (considering it's not the PDFs, I mean).

shootingforthestars

Postby shootingforthestars » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:10 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
mist4bison wrote:

peppermint wrote:
Also, shootingforthestars, I just really have to say I like your screen name- it's full of positive energy :) Oh, and welcome to the Dec thread!

I agree :) welcome shootingforthestars! And yes... this place is full of such nice people. I have a meltdown every other post but people here keep me in check ;)

Hi WorldsCollide! Would you mind if I "PM"ed you?

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
mist4bison wrote:

peppermint wrote:

Hi WorldsCollide! Would you mind if I "PM"ed you?

Do it!

surf

Postby surf » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 pm

finished up pt#11 today (waiting on newer ones to come in the mail), and got a 155. I bombed the last section of LR so bad I don't know what happened. I think I was moving too fast and being too careless due to how well I did on games, LR1, and RC. fuck I'm pissed. I'm sure I'll be more pissed once I get a grip of newer PTs and really see my score suffer. the newer the harder I hear.

football and beer or two now, review test later. happy sunday

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”