The Official December 2014 Study Group

WorldsCollide

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:12 pm

peppermint wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Wtf. TM has a drill in HW1 where you categorize each question stem based on THEIR question types, which are numbers. I refuse to call something a Type One instead of a Must Be True. That's literally retarded. why would you translate it into a number when it' easier to think of a question that asks "which must be true" as a must be true question?

Also, I really dislike this stimulus -> stem thing. I emailed the instructor to get his opinion and he's all pro stimulus before stem. Ugh. I'll try it for a few, but only a few.

Lol @ someone taking the LSAT irl going, "oh yay, a type 13 question!"

"Wait, is this type 5 or type 9? What is type 4? WHAT IS TYPE FOUR?!?!?!!" (*-10 on LR*)

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:14 pm

mist4bison wrote:
peppermint wrote:
mist4bison wrote:Wtf. TM has a drill in HW1 where you categorize each question stem based on THEIR question types, which are numbers. I refuse to call something a Type One instead of a Must Be True. That's literally retarded. why would you translate it into a number when it' easier to think of a question that asks "which must be true" as a must be true question?

Also, I really dislike this stimulus -> stem thing. I emailed the instructor to get his opinion and he's all pro stimulus before stem. Ugh. I'll try it for a few, but only a few.

Lol and I bet people do! It's such an unnecessary, arbitrary assignment. I really hope he tries to get us to call them that, because I will be that bitch that continues to say "Type 1? Oh, you mean a must be true question."

you're gunna go from his favorite smart student to his rebel student

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:25 pm

peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
peppermint wrote:

"Wait, is this type 5 or type 9? What is type 4? WHAT IS TYPE FOUR?!?!?!!" (*-10 on LR*)

I LOL'd so hard at this

:)

At least people like that will help us with the curve etc. ;)

berkeleynick

Postby berkeleynick » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:55 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:

Other people doing worse doesn't help you with the curve. The curve is predetermined.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:13 pm

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:13 pm

nlee10 wrote:I am 30 minutes early in picking up my brother at the airport. Oops.

And times like these are when I either 1. Stalk TLS or 2. Drill the NA Cambridge questions that I downloaded to my iPad. I love when I have random extra time!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 pm

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
nlee10 wrote:I am 30 minutes early in picking up my brother at the airport. Oops.

And times like these are when I either 1. Stalk TLS or 2. Drill the NA Cambridge questions that I downloaded to my iPad. I love when I have random extra time!

free time is great

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

berkeleynick wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:

Other people doing worse doesn't help you with the curve. The curve is predetermined.

Oops

Maybe it will help with law school apps? Idk

How do you download questions to your iPhone?!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:23 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
berkeleynick wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:

Oops

Maybe it will help with law school apps? Idk

How do you download questions to your iPhone?!

well cambridge packets are pdf's so when you first get them you can download them 3 times so you can download them right to your device but Im sure you can transfer/copy them onto your phone pretty easily too

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotpinkpumas

Postby hotpinkpumas » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:34 pm

damn i love coming home to catch up on 7 pages of TLS :D hahaha you guys are too great

peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods wrote:seriously haha I got so good and had my routine and worked out every day... now I dont wanna take time away from studying and am all screwed up with it

Truth.

I used to train for half marathons. And then the LSAT happened. :shock:

+1. I do martial arts but haven't since July b/c I've been LSAT studying. If I do have any free time, I check TLS (lol) or take naps. I loveeeee taking naps

Ahhh that was me this summer and then I've just recently realized how out of shape I am because my mom was wayyyyyy too enthusiastic about me hitting the gym. So now, I'm trying to include it more into my weekly routine-- it's a super good stress relief from the exam/ studying! And plus my guy friend recently started teaching me how to lift, which I'm slowly picking up (pun intended) and I'm really enjoying it! :wink: And as a girl, lifting heavy things helps me think that I'm gonna be able to literally crush the LSAT. :lol:

peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
peppermint wrote:

I LOL'd so hard at this

^ HAHA. I can totally imagine that in my head already. I will regrettably say that I've taken a Kaplan course before (when I was a newb and just stared to prep) and the way they were labeling all the questions- especially games had me super confused too- it was not intuitive at all! So mist I can't wait til you starting owning everyone in the class!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:00 pm

hotpinkpumas wrote:damn i love coming home to catch up on 7 pages of TLS :D hahaha you guys are too great
Ahhh that was me this summer and then I've just recently realized how out of shape I am because my mom was wayyyyyy too enthusiastic about me hitting the gym. So now, I'm trying to include it more into my weekly routine-- it's a super good stress relief from the exam/ studying! And plus my guy friend recently started teaching me how to lift, which I'm slowly picking up (pun intended) and I'm really enjoying it! :wink: And as a girl, lifting heavy things helps me think that I'm gonna be able to literally crush the LSAT. :lol:

get jacked gurll

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:09 pm

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotpinkpumas

Postby hotpinkpumas » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Jgoods wrote:
hotpinkpumas wrote:damn i love coming home to catch up on 7 pages of TLS :D hahaha you guys are too great

get jacked gurll

I've super curious about powerlifting/body building-- I've been creeping and watching tons of videos online and on instagram of people who do it! LOLL But I'm still a newb. Still learning, slow and steady!! But maybe I'll hit ya'll up for tips one day :P

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 pm

hotpinkpumas wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

get jacked gurll

I've super curious about powerlifting/body building-- I've been creeping and watching tons of videos online and on instagram of people who do it! LOLL But I'm still a newb. Still learning, slow and steady!! But maybe I'll hit ya'll up for tips one day :P

http://www.muscleforlife.com
http://www.amazon.com/Thinner-Leaner-St ... B0098PYV7Q
When LSAT isn't life anymore some good stuff to check out :P

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:49 pm

peppermint wrote:
hotpinkpumas wrote:Ahhh that was me this summer and then I've just recently realized how out of shape I am because my mom was wayyyyyy too enthusiastic about me hitting the gym. So now, I'm trying to include it more into my weekly routine-- it's a super good stress relief from the exam/ studying! And plus my guy friend recently started teaching me how to lift, which I'm slowly picking up (pun intended) and I'm really enjoying it! :wink: And as a girl, lifting heavy things helps me think that I'm gonna be able to literally crush the LSAT. :lol:

This brought back childhood memories of taking the TAAS test (TX standardized exam back in the day). My school used to give us these dorky pencils with the slogan "Hammer Out the TAAS Test!" written on them.

Yeah, totally random weird memory. Then again, I'm weird, so it's all good :lol:

Also, I have no upper body strength at all :oops: After the LSAT, I need y'all to get me into shape!

Ok, back to studying, haha

lmao waiters thread shall become lifting thread :P

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 pm

peppermint wrote:
Jgoods wrote:lmao waiters thread shall become lifting thread :P

Yes! Let's make this happen!

P.S. Go study Jgoods! :evil:

Okay :(

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 pm

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”