The Official December 2014 Study Group

WorldsCollide

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:46 pm

I was told by the law school adviser at my school that it's best to apply early (by Thanksgiving). Do you guys think I should just submit by the end of December instead?

I will have my September LSAT score in three weeks but it's definitely not going to be high enough so I was thinking of applying and saying "I'm taking December. Don't look at my app yet" which I heard is okay to do =\.

Is there an option not to submit the LSAT score or is that sent the second you complete the application online?

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 pm

peppermint wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
peppermint wrote:
La2Fl wrote:
I did.. but only because my job was 13hr rotating shifts. so some days I would work 6a-7p then the next wk was 6p-7a.. i spent way too much time adjusting my body for work than being able to study.. Hopefully, after the test I can either go back or find something that at least pays close to it.

Oh man, that sounds brutal. I'm lucky that I work a 9-5 (weekdays) but then some weekends I work sun up to sun down (depending on the season).

how do you have the energy to study?!

Haha, I have no idea. As my mother always says, "Where there's a will, there's a way." :P Mostly I'm fueled by coffee and lots of angry heavy metal music (and the thought of crushing debt if I have to attend a TTT school)

no doubt lol
Maybe I should try this so called coffee thing... despite my hate for the taste

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:51 pm

peppermint wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:I was told by the law school adviser at my school that it's best to apply early (by Thanksgiving). Do you guys think I should just submit by the end of December instead?

I will have my September LSAT score in three weeks but it's definitely not going to be high enough so I was thinking of applying and saying "I'm taking December. Don't look at my app yet" which I heard is okay to do =\.

Is there an option not to submit the LSAT score or is that sent the second you complete the application online?

I think it's sent the second you submit it. You can ask them to hold your app till Dec happens but then you might as well wait till Dec to actually fill it out. That way you can devote your full attention to LSAT prep.

Oh the choices!

Also, I know what TTT stands for... but what schools, numberwise, is TTT referring to?

(Sorry! I know these are such newbie questions :P )

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:59 pm

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:00 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 pm

So what is Tier 1 and Tier 2? =\ 1 is 1-50 and 2 is 50-100?

ETA: Scratch that... thanks D!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Wish I could transfer workout energy into study energy -_- I'd be so productive

BrazilBandit

Postby BrazilBandit » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 pm

BrazilBandit wrote:Using my first post to join the group... Half - assed my prep (163 PT average) and nerves got best of me on Saturday. Just set up a schedule for December prep and pretty pumped to make this Test call me daddy!

[quote=]I'm so with you! I sat for the exam on Saturday. I went in already registered for December and planning on absolutely killing it on December. Did you cancel your score or are you waiting to see how you did? I'm relatively sure I won't cancel.[/quote]

I'm waiting to see how I did... It was good to see how everything worked (how long instructions took, how obnoxious some people can be) and all that... I'll see you in the 99th percentile in December :-)

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelincolnlawyer

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:53 pm

mist4bison wrote:Soooo, that freaking sucked. Just took my Testmasters diagnostic. I got a 159. I'm pissed. :evil:

First of all, why the hell would TM have a diagnostic at 6:30 pm?? So that they can say "hey, look at all these people who imrpoved, mostly because they hadn't already been up for over 12 hours when they took their final PT/LSAT!"? Ugh. So, yeah. Mad about that. I feel like I wasted a PT. Plus I had a MAJOR headache the entire time, was dealing with people's phones going off, and had a terrible day. I'm so mad at myself right now. Ugh.

<----This is my actual expression right now.

ETA:

Breakdown:
RC: -14 (WTF? Today I did a section and got -2!)
LR: -7 (Ugh)
LG: -4 (ugh!)

Have you previously done LSAT prep? 159 would be a great cold diagnostic score

jrdavila09

Postby jrdavila09 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Blind Review/drilling question!

Would BR only help on LR and RC for obvious reasons, more so then on the LG section? Since the key to LG is repetition, wouldn't it be better to copy the games you got wrong on a PT and do them over and over again until you got them 100% right then to BR them?

jrdavila09

Postby jrdavila09 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Jgoods wrote:Wish I could transfer workout energy into study energy -_- I'd be so productive

Yeah bro, I had a very nice deadlift and squat day! If only I could say the same about strength/weaken questions!

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:56 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

La2Fl

Postby La2Fl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:41 am

mist4bison wrote:Soooo, that freaking sucked. Just took my Testmasters diagnostic. I got a 159. I'm pissed. :evil:

First of all, why the hell would TM have a diagnostic at 6:30 pm?? So that they can say "hey, look at all these people who imrpoved, mostly because they hadn't already been up for over 12 hours when they took their final PT/LSAT!"? Ugh. So, yeah. Mad about that. I feel like I wasted a PT. Plus I had a MAJOR headache the entire time, was dealing with people's phones going off, and had a terrible day. I'm so mad at myself right now. Ugh.

ETA:

Breakdown:

U did GOOD!! Just PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!
(i'm trying to sike u up & myself at the same time) I start my TM class 2morrow

i dont know if ALL the courses are the same across the country but i checked and the tentative PT schedule floating around here correlates w TM's PT schedule (except 62 which is a couple days b4 and 61)

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

La2Fl

Postby La2Fl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:04 am

nlee10 wrote:Just finished my 4 hour course with Blueprint. Let me just say that I am SO GLAD that I self-studied prior to the course. Although we only did some basic things like LR diagramming/MBT and LG 1:1 Ordering, I still felt like I learned more. I had some trouble with diagramming long LR stimuli that got really confusing, but they appeared to be much easier to me today.

Great!!! Glad to see everybody's studying is paying off!!

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:21 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LolaBanana

Postby LolaBanana » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:46 am

ETA:

Breakdown:

That's really not a bad starting point. It can take a while for individual section performance to translate to full timed PT performance.

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 am

You know you're studying for the LSAT when you have a dream where you get your first 170+ and it's while taking the Sebtember LSAT (which I didn't take in real life). Oooh if only it were that easy!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:10 am

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:You know you're studying for the LSAT when you have a dream where you get your first 170+ and it's while taking the Sebtember LSAT (which I didn't take in real life). Oooh if only it were that easy!

#LSATdreams lol

ETA:

Breakdown:

for starters, I did enjoy the 'tar reference lol but don't get too mad, gotta look on the bright side! yeah it may not be your best score but hey, if you can just about hit 160(and I'm sure next test you'll get plenty higher) and that while taking the test after being up for an entire day and dealing with lame people who are distracting... you will be golden when you've had your rest and have minimal distractions! Turn that frown upside down!!

WorldsCollide

Postby WorldsCollide » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:00 am

BrazilBandit wrote:
BrazilBandit wrote:I'm waiting to see how I did... It was good to see how everything worked (how long instructions took, how obnoxious some people can be) and all that... I'll see you in the 99th percentile in December :-)

:D

ETA:

Breakdown:

I agree with the consensus here. You'll definitely improve! But that aside, the actual test is in the morning without phones ringing etc. So I'm sure that robbed you of a few points.

Dirigo wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:I was told by the law school adviser at my school that it's best to apply early (by Thanksgiving).

With rolling admissions, you should get your application as early as possible. However, the "by Thanksgiving" rule is pretty antiqued now. The norm has been pushed back to "before MLK Jr. Day". I know that seems super late, but with the # of apps down so much, it makes sense.
I would wait to get your September score and then decide. Most schools hold your app anyways if they see you're signed up for a later LSAT, so there's not really an advantage.

Thanks for the explanation! I'll definitely wait and see. But since I'm sure I can up my score (whatever it is... and I honestly think it will be low), I don't think I'll be rushing to apply for anything.

This whole applying for law schools thing is driving me crazy. I'm literally trying to get in the minds of AdComs 100% of the day. "Will they write me off if I do poorly on September and applied before I have my December score? Will I regret applying late for the rest of my life? Will liberal committees dismiss my service in the IDF (even though I'm one of the most liberal people you'll ever meet)? Will conservative AdComs dismiss me because I'm one of the most liberal people you'll ever meet?" it's awful... and I know it's just going to get worse after I actually apply.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”