The Official December 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
justabitunusual

Silver

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 am

Question about recording PT scores on either lsatqa or 7sage (i'm using 7S), I'm entering some past scores in just to see the analysis...but some sections I had run out of time on and then subsequently worked on the question and answered it....should I only record the answer choices online that I bubbled in during the allotted time frame, or record all answers (as in untimed answer choices)?

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 am

justabitunusual wrote:Question about recording PT scores on either lsatqa or 7sage (i'm using 7S), I'm entering some past scores in just to see the analysis...but some sections I had run out of time on and then subsequently worked on the question and answered it....should I only record the answer choices online that I bubbled in during the allotted time frame, or record all answers (as in untimed answer choices)?
I have two accounts on 7sage - and sometimes I use the BR function to add in answers that I put in later, just to gauge the difference. One account I use for straight PTs, and the other I use for sections.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 am

Shakawkaw wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:Question about recording PT scores on either lsatqa or 7sage (i'm using 7S), I'm entering some past scores in just to see the analysis...but some sections I had run out of time on and then subsequently worked on the question and answered it....should I only record the answer choices online that I bubbled in during the allotted time frame, or record all answers (as in untimed answer choices)?
I have two accounts on 7sage - and sometimes I use the BR function to add in answers that I put in later, just to gauge the difference. One account I use for straight PTs, and the other I use for sections.
Oh ok, good idea

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:41 am

Finished LR2 of Pt 39 untimed.
22/26 just now

LR1 last night
21/24

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 am

Don't start a preptest at one in the morning when you have to force yourself and your mind is tired. I shouldn't have taken it last night because I straight shit the bed. I made so many idiotic mistakes and completely missed one whole game on LG plus minus ten on RC. It's embarrassing as hell. I'll probably retake it in a few weeks. I'm suppose to take one tomorrow, so I need to shake this off.

Preptest 55
LR(-4)
RC(-10)
LR(-7)
LG(-8)
No BR -157
BR - 167

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:27 am

MTH2 wrote:Don't start a preptest at one in the morning when you have to force yourself and your mind is tired. I shouldn't have taken it last night because I straight shit the bed. I made so many idiotic mistakes and completely missed one whole game on LG plus minus ten on RC. It's embarrassing as hell. I'll probably retake it in a few weeks. I'm suppose to take one tomorrow, so I need to shake this off.

Preptest 55
LR(-4)
RC(-10)
LR(-7)
LG(-8)
No BR -157
BR - 167
well people say to take PT in all sorts of conditions to really test ur brain right? don't take it too hard, you know you were tired, you know how to fix the scenario, just adjust and improve from it

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:34 am

Is anybody else nearly completely ignoring the rest of the application process right now? My only focus is the LSAT. I'm not worrying about picking schools or writing letters at this point (although I do have my LORs submitted to the LSAC). I figure there will be plenty of time after Dec. 6 to get all that stuff written.

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:04 am

YeezusPiece wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote: What is your strategy for LR? Do you use a set method?
The Trainer helped me lay a really solid foundation for LR. I haven't used any other materials for LR because I felt like everything I needed to learn was in that book.
Was this recent, or did you use the Trainer from day 1? I'm considering it at the moment, but I'm not sure if 30 days is enough to build from the ground up again.
Reading the Trainer was the first LSAT prep I did, back in the fall of last year. I've gone over some of it again since then. I don't know how useful it will be for you now, but I definitely think it's worth the read. Also have you read Manhattan LR?

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 am

Tyr wrote:Is anybody else nearly completely ignoring the rest of the application process right now? My only focus is the LSAT. I'm not worrying about picking schools or writing letters at this point (although I do have my LORs submitted to the LSAC). I figure there will be plenty of time after Dec. 6 to get all that stuff written.
wait theres more to law school than just the LSAT?! :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:16 am

MTH2 wrote:Don't start a preptest at one in the morning when you have to force yourself and your mind is tired. I shouldn't have taken it last night because I straight shit the bed. I made so many idiotic mistakes and completely missed one whole game on LG plus minus ten on RC. It's embarrassing as hell. I'll probably retake it in a few weeks. I'm suppose to take one tomorrow, so I need to shake this off.

Preptest 55
LR(-4)
RC(-10)
LR(-7)
LG(-8)
No BR -157
BR - 167
yea taking at one in the morning is never credited. im lucky to type words right in a text at that hour let alone take a PT

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:48 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Preptest 55
LR(-4)
RC(-10)
LR(-7)
LG(-8)
No BR -157
BR - 167
yea taking at one in the morning is never credited. im lucky to type words right in a text at that hour let alone take a PT
pfft im asleep by 10:30/11... y'all be crazy

ETA: TLS needs to get on this whole time change thing
Last edited by Smallville on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:21 am

omg...I had a dream of solving some In n Out game with a lot of conditional chains.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Yeezus

Bronze

Post by Yeezus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:27 am

GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
YeezusPiece wrote: What is your strategy for LR? Do you use a set method?
The Trainer helped me lay a really solid foundation for LR. I haven't used any other materials for LR because I felt like everything I needed to learn was in that book.
Was this recent, or did you use the Trainer from day 1? I'm considering it at the moment, but I'm not sure if 30 days is enough to build from the ground up again.
Reading the Trainer was the first LSAT prep I did, back in the fall of last year. I've gone over some of it again since then. I don't know how useful it will be for you now, but I definitely think it's worth the read. Also have you read Manhattan LR?
No, I've always solved LR somewhat intuitively, using a modified plug and chug/process of elimination method, while occasionally predicting the answer. It could be the test day pressure throws off my process a bit when it comes to the real thing.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:32 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote: yea taking at one in the morning is never credited. im lucky to type words right in a text at that hour let alone take a PT
Your late night texts are pretty coherent, Colonel. :lol:

Off to take PT 65 with a splitting headache! s/o to GT - but I seriously have a really bad headache right now. Will check in periodically.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:48 am

MTH2 wrote:Don't start a preptest at one in the morning when you have to force yourself and your mind is tired.
Can confirm. Did this with the GMAT last night dropped my score 90 points. Let's hope I go back up on the real thing today.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:16 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
MTH2 wrote:Don't start a preptest at one in the morning when you have to force yourself and your mind is tired.
Can confirm. Did this with the GMAT last night dropped my score 90 points. Let's hope I go back up on the real thing today.
You looking to do a dual degree, ITFR?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Shakawkaw wrote: Off to take PT 65 with a splitting headache! s/o to GT - but I seriously have a really bad headache right now. Will check in periodically.
Perfect PT conditions, imo.

eta Good luck shaq!

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:22 pm

YeezusPiece wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
No, I've always solved LR somewhat intuitively, using a modified plug and chug/process of elimination method, while occasionally predicting the answer. It could be the test day pressure throws off my process a bit when it comes to the real thing.
LR has always really clicked for me intuitively too, but I think the process (especially for flaw spotting and elimination) that Mike teaches in The Trainer is really solid. Definitely worth reading.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
You looking to do a dual degree, ITFR?
Yeah.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secadc11

Silver

Post by secadc11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Question for you all -

Is this anyone else's third time in two years? I'm starting to stress about the prospect of not getting the score I want in December, and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secadc11

Silver

Post by secadc11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Dirigo wrote:
secadc11 wrote:Question for you all -

Is this anyone else's third time in two years? I'm starting to stress about the prospect of not getting the score I want in December, and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
Not in the same boat, but I sympathize with your anxiety.
If you're just being pessimistic, cut it out and do your best.
If you're truly not ready to perform your best, consider withdrawing and taking at a later date since a fourth retake isn't an option for you.

Buckle down this month and push your potential.
I think you're right about the bolded. Probably just Monday blues; it's good to get some reassurance.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm studying for a third re-take, but I decided to wait until February, and when I made that decision, it was a huge relief. Good Luck!

secadc11

Silver

Post by secadc11 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:59 pm

justabitunusual wrote:

I'm studying for a third re-take, but I decided to wait until February, and when I made that decision, it was a huge relief. Good Luck!
Thanks! What made you choose Feb? Are you waiting until next cycle to apply - or still going for 2014-2015?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”