The Official December 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SauceSoMild

New

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Post by SauceSoMild » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:47 pm

First post, checking in. I've seen a lot of people on this thread talk about "drilling." I'm consistently getting -5 or 6 on LR and I would like to get that down to about -3 or 4. When you "drill" are you just repeatedly doing full LR sections under time constrained, doing one type of question, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, does the technique work with games? THANKS!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 pm

SauceSoMild wrote:First post, checking in. I've seen a lot of people on this thread talk about "drilling." I'm consistently getting -5 or 6 on LR and I would like to get that down to about -3 or 4. When you "drill" are you just repeatedly doing full LR sections under time constrained, doing one type of question, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, does the technique work with games? THANKS!
You should definitely be drilling by type. If you haven't already, go buy some of these.

And yes, it's certainly necessary to drill games in order to improve at games.

Scooped by the omnipresent OP.
Last edited by GreenTee on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm

SauceSoMild wrote:First post, checking in. I've seen a lot of people on this thread talk about "drilling." I'm consistently getting -5 or 6 on LR and I would like to get that down to about -3 or 4. When you "drill" are you just repeatedly doing full LR sections under time constrained, doing one type of question, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, does the technique work with games? THANKS!
Hi - welcome! Do a section, note which questions you are having trouble with and then drill the packets on that question type.

Also works wonderfully for LG, yes. I've been timing up with my drills so far.
Last edited by Shakawkaw on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm

mist4bison wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Welcome! :D
Check out the original post on page 1 for LG drilling.
For LR drilling, people are generally referring to drilling specific question types in the Cambridge bundles. This helps if there's a certain type of question you don't do well on.
If you use a website to track your scores it's easy to see which ones you have trouble with. I use http://www.LSATqa.com and they point out qhich question types you missed.
Going off of mist's suggestion - I use (my very own) 7sage's LSAT analytics to keep track of my stuff. You can make a free account for that. After grading your sections, you can check out our free video explanations!

peppermint

Gold

Post by peppermint » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Shakawkaw wrote: Going off of mist's suggestion - I use (my very own) 7sage's LSAT analytics to keep track of my stuff. You can make a free account for that. After grading your sections, you can check out our free video explanations!
J.Y. in the hooouuuusssseeeee

peppermint

Gold

Post by peppermint » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:2. I managed a successful fundraising campaign while overcoming discomfort with asking people for money.
potential PS topic

I successfully worked a part-time job throughout my undergraduate career despite it being difficult to integrate a part-time job with my studies and extracurricular activities.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Dirigo wrote:EveryoneMost people here are helpful af. Love it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SauceSoMild

New

Post by SauceSoMild » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Dirigo wrote:
For LR drilling, people are generally referring to drilling specific question types in the Cambridge bundles. This helps if there's a certain type of question you don't do well on.

So I already have the GROUPED by question type book for LR that goes from PT's 1-20. Do you have any experience with that or know if it is inferior to the Cambridge packets?

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:07 pm

SauceSoMild wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

So I already have the GROUPED by question type book for LR that goes from PT's 1-20. Do you have any experience with that or know if it is inferior to the Cambridge packets?
The Cambridge packets are better if you buy the PDFs because you can print them and redrill them as needed. Also, they have more questions because they include PTs 1-38.

SauceSoMild

New

Post by SauceSoMild » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:11 pm

GreenTee wrote:
SauceSoMild wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

The Cambridge packets are better if you buy the PDFs because you can print them and redrill them as needed. Also, they have more questions because they include PTs 1-38.
okay, awesome. Might make the investment here. Really appreciate the help. I'll be back again I'm sure!

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:17 pm

mist4bison wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
Jgoods wrote: you make some valid points lol, but hey maybe you'll wake up fine in the morning :P theres a chance right? may not be likely but always possible... drink lots o water throughout lol
Unlikely lol
I'm just going to stay in. My friends will hate me, but whatever.
I'm debating whether to go out as well....except that I have a BP workshop class at 10am on saturday...lol..
TM didn't schedule anything for Nov 1 and I'm convinced it's because they know people will be too hungover. ...Or maybe they wanted a week off between diag 2 & 3. But it's probably the former.

ETA: Is your costume good enough to justify going out?
Not really. I'm lazy AF. hahaha.

I'll probably end up getting dinner with friends w/ maybe a drink or two but will most likely stay in afterwards. I feel the need to get my moneys worth out of the course...since $$$.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote: Going off of mist's suggestion - I use (my very own) 7sage's LSAT analytics to keep track of my stuff. You can make a free account for that. After grading your sections, you can check out our free video explanations!
J.Y. in the hooouuuusssseeeee
Mr. Ping for you, Jgoody.

HAI MIST!! :D

ETA: also HAI MINT!! :D

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:06 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Three potential topic summarized in one sentence. Thoughts?

1. I developed a college mentoring program that saved a classmate from a graduation-ending suspension.

2. I managed a successful fundraising campaign while overcoming discomfort with asking people for money.

3. After a national nonprofit incident, I led the local members and supporters to stay dedicated and record the best year in our area - even though my convictions on the incident profoundly differed from their own.
All of these are outstanding topics for a personal statement! Have you brainstormed about how to fill them out in a little more detail, though? I feel like the one-sentence summary is not sufficient for getting a sense of how they would turn out when fully developed. I especially recommend brainstorming while driving, as it allows your thoughts to flow more freely if you are also occupied with some activity at the same time. Good luck, follow your dreams! PS feel free to PM me drafts!
hand outed as dreaming

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:11 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Three potential topic summarized in one sentence. Thoughts?

1. I developed a college mentoring program that saved a classmate from a graduation-ending suspension.

2. I managed a successful fundraising campaign while overcoming discomfort with asking people for money.

3. After a national nonprofit incident, I led the local members and supporters to stay dedicated and record the best year in our area - even though my convictions on the incident profoundly differed from their own.
All of these are outstanding topics for a personal statement! Have you brainstormed about how to fill them out in a little more detail, though? I feel like the one-sentence summary is not sufficient for getting a sense of how they would turn out when fully developed. I especially recommend brainstorming while driving, as it allows your thoughts to flow more freely if you are also occupied with some activity at the same time. Good luck, follow your dreams! PS feel free to PM me drafts!
hand outed as dreaming
not surprised

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:42 pm

An ice bucket caused hypothermia

SauceSoMild

New

Post by SauceSoMild » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:45 pm

How focused should I be on time when I'm drilling games?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:48 pm

SauceSoMild wrote:How focused should I be on time when I'm drilling games?
Very

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”