The Official December 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hopeboaltberkeley

Bronze

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Post by hopeboaltberkeley » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 am

Was scoring in the 169-172 range for my past few PT's. Did PT 57 today, screwed up LG's more than usual 166 :O

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:30 am

mist4bison wrote:
koala-fy wrote:
mist4bison wrote: ETA: I was fb stalking myself a couple days ago (this is totally normal...) and it made me want to deactivate fb. I had an awkward stage...
I can confirm that this is totally a thing and I also recommend NEVER back-stalking yourself (as in going to your most recently tagged photo and hitting the left arrow). It's horrifying.
It is quite possibly the most cringe-worthy thing imaginable. I've never called it back-stalking before, but that's definitely a new term I plan on employing haha. I ended up just clicking "hide from timeline" on like 100 pics. Idk if that actually hides it from your photos when people look through, though. Untagging/hiding photos is confusing. I was trying to figure out how to hide all photos and I couldn't
Speaking of cringe worthy things doing on fb, I once posted on a guy who was running for office in my hometowns page for ppl not to vote for him Bc he was a convicted sex offender in the 70s. I subsequently got a call from his wife yelling at me.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:11 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:15 am

Dirigo wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Speaking of cringe worthy things doing on fb, I once posted on a guy who was running for office in my hometowns page for ppl not to vote for him Bc he was a convicted sex offender in the 70s. I subsequently got a call from his wife yelling at me.
Well...was it true?
If yes, I love you.
If no, let's just married.
Where are we tying the knot

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:16 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Speaking of cringe worthy things doing on fb, I once posted on a guy who was running for office in my hometowns page for ppl not to vote for him Bc he was a convicted sex offender in the 70s. I subsequently got a call from his wife yelling at me.
Well...was it true?
If yes, I love you.
If no, let's just married.
Where are we tying the knot
Slut.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:14 pm

Preptest 65

LR (-5); BR (-3)
LG (-7); BR (-2)
RC (-5);
LR (-5); BR (-3)

Total - 164 without Blind Review; 170 with Blind Review

I'm so close to where I want to be scoring, I can taste it. I am having some issues with finishing LG on time, thus resulting in having to guess on 7 questions :x ! I definitely need to drill timed sections of games. My RC is improving, although I had to guess on 3 questions due to time constraints. Overall, I am happy with my progress, however, I think this last month is going to be the ultimate measure.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Just finished PT 66. Will post results later today after BR. I thought the LG and LR weren't too bad but really felt lost in RC. Some of the content were fairly dense for given the time constraint and had to 50/50 guess on a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:34 pm

hey guys - how much do you think I can improve realistically on reading comp up until december? I get around 17-20 correct per RC section. Its killing me pretty bad.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:35 pm

flash21 wrote:hey guys - how much do you think I can improve realistically on reading comp up until december? I get around 17-20 correct per RC section. Its killing me pretty bad.
It's hard to quantify someone else's progress, however, RC is known as the hardest section to improve upon. I would suggest simply reading the passages, not answering the questions, but after reading, write down the main idea, the support, author's opinion, and the structure of the passage. This would obviously help when you start answering questions, it becomes innate.

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Wieters wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Wieters wrote:go to your list of friends/likes and unfollow each of them. This has to be done individually
This is a ridiculous waste of a valuable resource: time. I would rather deactivate it and go on for maybe 5 minutes during a FB lapse, versus spending hours unfollowing every friend on my list. What's the point of even having a Facebook at that point?
On the contrary, it is just the opposite; it took me ~45 minutes to unfollow everyone and (apart from private messages and posting on others' walls), I haven't used Facebook in the past year. That strikes me as a decent investment.

And as I mentioned, the point is that you can still receive private messages, maintain your public profile and post on others' walls.
Ya probably had less than 100 friends. NO THX.
It took maybe 3-5 seconds per unfollow because you don't have to navigate to each individual profile but rather just pull up the master list of all your friends and work on there. Maybe it took an hour, idk. Even if it takes five hours (it doesn't; not even close even for 1k+ friends) as someone suggested, it would still save an enormous amount of time over the course of several months/years.

I find willpower to be a finite resource. At the end of a long day, I would find myself mindlessly browsing Facebook for half an hour or more. Unfollowing everything/everyone took only a bit longer than that and makes it so that I don't waste time in that way and instead spend my time more productively while losing out on nothing. I posted a little-known solution to a problem many have; if you don't care for it then fine but your condescension makes you sound insufferable.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 pm

flash21 wrote:hey guys - how much do you think I can improve realistically on reading comp up until december? I get around 17-20 correct per RC section. Its killing me pretty bad.
I really wish there was a clear cut solution to RC. My current RC section score ranges 17-20 as well depending on the content.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Wieters wrote: It took maybe 3-5 seconds per unfollow because you don't have to navigate to each individual profile but rather just pull up the master list of all your friends and work on there. Maybe it took an hour, idk. Even if it takes five hours (it doesn't; not even close even for 1k+ friends) as someone suggested, it would still save an enormous amount of time over the course of several months/years.

I find willpower to be a finite resource. At the end of a long day, I would find myself mindlessly browsing Facebook for half an hour or more. Unfollowing everything/everyone took only a bit longer than that and makes it so that I don't waste time in that way and instead spend my time more productively while losing out on nothing. I posted a little-known solution to a problem many have; if you don't care for it then fine but your condescension makes you sound insufferable.
you're incredibly annoying

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Wieters wrote:I posted a little-known solution to a problem many have; if you don't care for it then fine but your condescension makes you sound insufferable.
Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Just don't be a bitch and stay off fb

monadologist

Bronze

Post by monadologist » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Just don't be a bitch and stay off fb

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:15 pm

What have I started...? :shock:

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:16 pm

nlee10 wrote:What have I started...? :shock:
Hi, nlee!! Today I'm going to be drilling some RC sections, and going over the sections I did in PT 42. YAY LSAT!

When are you going to BR your PT?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Wieters wrote: It took maybe 3-5 seconds per unfollow because you don't have to navigate to each individual profile but rather just pull up the master list of all your friends and work on there. Maybe it took an hour, idk. Even if it takes five hours (it doesn't; not even close even for 1k+ friends) as someone suggested, it would still save an enormous amount of time over the course of several months/years.
So nasty and so rude.
GTFO OP

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
nlee10 wrote:What have I started...? :shock:
Hi, nlee!! Today I'm going to be drilling some RC sections, and going over the sections I did in PT 42. YAY LSAT!

When are you going to BR your PT?
I'm going on a Costco run rn because my fridge is literally empty so probably in an hour and half. Feel pretty good about LG LR LR this time around. RC be killing my mood lmao.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I understand shitposting or whatever, but not exclusively. And even if that is the only thing you're going to do in a thread that should exist for support and solidarity, at least make it funny.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Wieters wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I understand shitposting or whatever, but not exclusively. And even if that is the only thing you're going to do in a thread that should exist for support and solidarity, at least make it funny.
hmm? I was just using your post to work on my MSS skills

eta: actually Must Be True is probably more accurate
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”