The Official December 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nlee10

Gold

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Post by nlee10 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:38 pm

The day I consistently get 20+ on both LR, RC, and LG I'll be so happy!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:42 pm

doing some lurking... June '15 has more posts than Feb '15 O.o

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:13 pm

I think there's something to this Velocity LSAT course. I hit 170 on PT 61. I wish I had signed up this summer instead of last week.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Tyr wrote:I think there's something to this Velocity LSAT course. I hit 170 on PT 61. I wish I had signed up this summer instead of last week.
how is their actual course run?

btw gratz thats awesome!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Dirigo wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Jgoods wrote:doing some lurking... June '15 has more posts than Feb '15 O.o
Nobody really aims for February. It's mainly reserved for retakers.
I almost posted in there to check in. I'm like becoming more and more positive I'll have to retake. :? I figure I'll retake anything below a 169.
This thought is in the back of my mind too but I'm trying to swat it away.
Let's just give it our all over the next 54 days and see where that gets us.
I'm such a planner that I'm planning for failure instead of focusing 100% on success.
Let's stop doing that.
I second this. If we end up retaking, we'll end up retaking. But there's a way to not retake - and that's giving it our all this time around. Everyone here is capable of hitting their target in 54 days! You're all motivated and smart. Now all you need is to dedicate the time!

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Tyr wrote:I think there's something to this Velocity LSAT course. I hit 170 on PT 61. I wish I had signed up this summer instead of last week.
how is their actual course run?

btw gratz thats awesome!
You read the digital (or paper if your order it) book, then watch the corresponding video. You do assigned problems, then watch the corresponding video on how he does them. If you've got a question you can either post it in their forum, or e-mail him directly. There are certain things already (only in week 2) that I've noticed he does that I've not seen any other prep company use - and I've used Powerscore, Fox, MLSAT, The Trainer, Blueprint, and online resources like Odyssey, 7Sage, and a few others that happen to be incredibly useful yet stupidly simple.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:24 am

mornincounselor wrote:I'm a big fan of his free prep stuff.

The few hours I spent watching RC explanation videos the weekend before my test was some of the best RC lsat prep I've done. I plan on watching all his RC and LR explanations before December.

Can you talk a bit about a few of these super simple things he does differently?
I'm not sure what I can and can't give out since it is a paid class. But, it's stuff like structural reading and knowing exactly how the test writers concoct their schemes as well as (when it comes to LG) the order in which you do the problems - not the order in which you do the games, but the order in which you do the problems for each game. That alone has made a big difference. Another thing I am liking about his game is his method of diagramming. It really allows you to capitalize on your previous work while doing problems (and this piggybacks on the previous comment about the order in which you do the problems).

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 am

Tyr wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:I'm a big fan of his free prep stuff.

The few hours I spent watching RC explanation videos the weekend before my test was some of the best RC lsat prep I've done. I plan on watching all his RC and LR explanations before December.

Can you talk a bit about a few of these super simple things he does differently?
I'm not sure what I can and can't give out since it is a paid class. But, it's stuff like structural reading and knowing exactly how the test writers concoct their schemes as well as (when it comes to LG) the order in which you do the problems - not the order in which you do the games, but the order in which you do the problems for each game. That alone has made a big difference. Another thing I am liking about his game is his method of diagramming. It really allows you to capitalize on your previous work while doing problems (and this piggybacks on the previous comment about the order in which you do the problems).
I enjoy his RC videos...but that might be because there's no other free ones out there looool. Nonetheless, it has made my RC review much more meaningful.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 am

What are ya'll plans for tomorrow, LSAT-wise??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:31 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 am

I plan on taking PT 48 tomorrow! I am aware that reviewing PT's are just as important as taking them so I will be reviewing today's and tomorrow's PTs throughout this week.

Hoping to score at least 155!

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 am

Good morning all. Today's plan:

LG chapter,
Send out a resume and application (for a local job),
Campaign (I'm a campaign director),
Review materials covered up to this point for LSAT,
Chest, Tris, Abs (bodybuilding)

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:09 am

I like the trend of writing your workouts :P ^

I'll definitely check out the RC Velocity explanations if they're helping you all so much!

In an unexpected turn of events, I found Game #4 on PrepTest 33 to be the easiest in the set (minus the first sequencing game, obviously). But timing is absolutely killing me.

counselor, have you preemptively decided to take the December LSAT before you get your September score back?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 am

Morning :)
work then i think some MBT and MSS drilling
nlee10 wrote:I plan on taking PT 48 tomorrow! I am aware that reviewing PT's are just as important as taking them so I will be reviewing today's and tomorrow's PTs throughout this week.

careful, don't burn yourself out :p try an un-timed one, see how your accuracy is and what sections you really need to work on (rather than possible misses based on lack of time)

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 am

Jgoods wrote:Morning :)
nlee10 wrote:I plan on taking PT 48 tomorrow! I am aware that reviewing PT's are just as important as taking them so I will be reviewing today's and tomorrow's PTs throughout this week.

careful, don't burn yourself out :p try an un-timed one, see how your accuracy is and what sections you really need to work on (rather than possible misses based on lack of time)
Jgoods, what's your strategy for drilling? Just going through a Cambridge section untimed? And then...?

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:53 am

WorldsCollide wrote:I like the trend of writing your workouts :P ^

I'll definitely check out the RC Velocity explanations if they're helping you all so much!

In an unexpected turn of events, I found Game #4 on PrepTest 33 to be the easiest in the set (minus the first sequencing game, obviously). But timing is absolutely killing me.

counselor, have you preemptively decided to take the December LSAT before you get your September score back?
I was getting around -11 on RC. Although I have not yet got to his RC lessons in the course, just starting by using some of his RC tips brought me to -4 to -7. I expect to improve upon that once I actually start the RC lessons. The course videos on RC have a lot more info than just the free videos (I peaked ahead a bit).

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:56 am

Tyr wrote:

I was getting around -11 on RC. Although I have not yet got to his RC lessons in the course, just starting by using some of his RC tips brought me to -4 to -7. I expect to improve upon that once I actually start the RC lessons. The course videos on RC have a lot more info than just the free videos (I peaked ahead a bit).
That's so great! I want to improve on RC like that! :shock: Still, I can't really afford a course. So I'll have to make due with the free lessons. Thanks though!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:05 am

WorldsCollide wrote:
Jgoods, what's your strategy for drilling? Just going through a Cambridge section untimed? And then...?
pretty much just gunna do questions, then go over them again, and watch explanations

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 am

Yo morningcounselor, where you been? U already planning the retake ? Can't a brotha wait for the score drop

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:00 am

Jgoods wrote:Morning :)

Thanks. Just woke up and feel pretty good. Going to do a upper body bench and ohp w/accessory workout before.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 am

Tyr wrote:

That is amazing, I love when I see improvements in RC, it gives me hope that I'll reach the -7 or less club for RC. Lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”