The Official December 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nlee10

Gold

Re: The Official December 2014 Study Group

Post by nlee10 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 am

8)
Last edited by nlee10 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

papaya1991

New

Post by papaya1991 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:26 am

Hey guys, I've been prepping for several months, but ended up canceling my Sep. LSAT score because of a pretty spectacular (and very distracting) cheating fiasco from the person sitting next to me. Anyway, it may have been a blessing in disguise because now I have a couple extra months to study!

I started out strong in LR and RC and had to work pretty hard to get my LG up to that level, but now I'm at the point where I'm pretty consistently -3/-4 in every section. I've also noticed my accuracy gets worse as the test progresses, so I think fatigue is part of the problem.

Do ya'll have any advice for overcoming the test fatigue and nailing down those last few points in each section?

downbeat14

Silver

Post by downbeat14 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 am

Last edited by downbeat14 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

deebanger

Bronze

Post by deebanger » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 am

papaya1991 wrote:Hey guys, I've been prepping for several months, but ended up canceling my Sep. LSAT score because of a pretty spectacular (and very distracting) cheating fiasco from the person sitting next to me. Anyway, it may have been a blessing in disguise because now I have a couple extra months to study!

I started out strong in LR and RC and had to work pretty hard to get my LG up to that level, but now I'm at the point where I'm pretty consistently -3/-4 in every section. I've also noticed my accuracy gets worse as the test progresses, so I think fatigue is part of the problem.

Do ya'll have any advice for overcoming the test fatigue and nailing down those last few points in each section?
woah explain about that cheating situation that sounds interesting.

deebanger

Bronze

Post by deebanger » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 am

papaya1991 wrote:Hey guys, I've been prepping for several months, but ended up canceling my Sep. LSAT score because of a pretty spectacular (and very distracting) cheating fiasco from the person sitting next to me. Anyway, it may have been a blessing in disguise because now I have a couple extra months to study!

woah explain about that cheating situation that sounds interesting.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 am

October 1.....doesn't feel right.

papaya1991

New

Post by papaya1991 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:28 am

Thanks downbeat! Sounds like I should keep drilling individual sections and I'll try out some longer PTs.

The cheating incident is hilarious in retrospect but I was so pissed off when it happened. I took the test overseas, and this kid sitting next to me (In the front row with only 10 people in the room) was attempting to cheat in the most harebrained way imaginable. He was flipping back and forth through sections, kept trying to copy my work even though we had different test forms, turned around and started trying to engage other test takers, etc. It was almost like he was drunk. The proctor warned him to cut it out like 15 times and gave him a warning slip, but didn't dismiss him from the test. Oh and because this guy wasn't a native speaker of english, when he got the warning slip the proctor had to come over (while time was running on a fairly challenging LG section) and explain what it meant while the guy tried to argue with him. All of this happened about 6 inches away from my face...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:43 am

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:46 am

MEAhrnsbrak

Bronze

Post by MEAhrnsbrak » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:03 am

Dirigo wrote:
papaya1991 wrote:Thanks downbeat! Sounds like I should keep drilling individual sections and I'll try out some longer PTs.

The cheating incident is hilarious in retrospect but I was so pissed off when it happened. I took the test overseas, and this kid sitting next to me (In the front row with only 10 people in the room) was attempting to cheat in the most harebrained way imaginable. He was flipping back and forth through sections, kept trying to copy my work even though we had different test forms, turned around and started trying to engage other test takers, etc. It was almost like he was drunk. The proctor warned him to cut it out like 15 times and gave him a warning slip, but didn't dismiss him from the test. Oh and because this guy wasn't a native speaker of english, when he got the warning slip the proctor had to come over (while time was running on a fairly challenging LG section) and explain what it meant while the guy tried to argue with him. All of this happened about 6 inches away from my face...
Thank god you can view it comically now. I would still be seething.
If anybody ruins my moment to shine on December 6th, let's just say I'll have a big C&F issue.
Yikes! I would have been fuming! But yay for two months of extra study time :)

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 am

Dirigo wrote:
nlee10 wrote:October 1.....doesn't feel right.
I really need to buckle down. Starting my PT schedule will help give me structure.
.. thought you had it already -_- so deceitful :P
jrdavila09 wrote:
Yeah, like I said, I just didn't understand what answer choice B was telling me until I read it over and over again. Especially after this explanation. I hate reading the MLR explanations sometimes, they just get into WAY to much detail. I need the simple stuff. Hahaha.
was a terrible explanation and still didn't get it until i drilled the problem into my head... nice try tho (how I read this) :cry: lol jk

Morning all, lets do some work today! :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 am

So many motivated new people to the thread! Welcome all :D !

Goodmorning Jgoods!

Ugh so I was going to wake up early to study for LSAT/organize my LSAT schedule but instead I need to keep doing German homework (seriously... what's wrong with this program?!)

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am

I'm taking this week off from studying - even though it is killing me to do it. In the second half of August and throughout September I was putting in 6-10 hours per day, 7 days per week of studying. It didn't help me hit my target score. Now, I'm decompressing this week, then I'll pick it up again on Sunday...but study systematically and smart. Perhaps put in at most 3 hours per day and take one day off per week. Quality > Quantity

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 am

WorldsCollide wrote:
Ugh so I was going to wake up early to study for LSAT
/organize my LSAT schedule but instead I need to keep doing German homework (seriously... what's wrong with this program?!)
Me too :/ but my phone died and didnt wake me up so I didn't get up until 7 so had no time to study :cry:
Tyr wrote: Quality > Quantity

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:18 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:20 am

mornincounselor wrote:Starting drills again today. Point and Paradox packets. Untimed.
Those were one of my favorites.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:Starting drills again today. Point and Paradox packets. Untimed.
Those were one of my favorites.

IDK if I would say any are my "favorite" lol but Paradox isn't so bad

longhorn65

Bronze

Post by longhorn65 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

MORNIN COUNSLER you going with a retake? I thought for sure you hit that 180 mark lol jk....If I may ask where are you getting the question type packets from?

EDIT** or anyone.....Are they pdf or physical copies

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 am

longhorn65 wrote:
MORNIN COUNSLER you going with a retake? I thought for sure you hit that 180 mark lol jk....If I may ask where are you getting the question type packets from?

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/
they have pdf and physical

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

longhorn65

Bronze

Post by longhorn65 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am

Jgoods wrote:
longhorn65 wrote:

PDF recommended Im assuming so you can make multiple copies?

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 am

longhorn65 wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
longhorn65 wrote:

PDF recommended Im assuming so you can make multiple copies?
I find it to be the easiest way... It is a lot to print if you go to print it all but it is the easiest I think to have multiple copies.

longhorn65

Bronze

Post by longhorn65 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:49 am

Ya thats what I figured. I heard of some similiar to those you listed that were quite a bit cheaper. any idea which they would be

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:50 am

longhorn65 wrote:Ya thats what I figured. I heard of some similiar to those you listed that were quite a bit cheaper. any idea which they would be
Not I

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”