Scantron question

Nicolena.

Scantron question

Postby Nicolena. » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:57 am

I usually make a dash mark next to the number if I have to guess on any so I can work backwards once the five minute call happens. If somehow I don't manage to erase the marks, is this going to effect the accuracy of my score. Will those marks be picked up from the scantron machine?
Last edited by Nicolena. on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

monsterman

Re: Scantron question

Postby monsterman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 am

Nicolena. wrote:I usually make a dash mark next to the number if I have to guess on any so I can work backwards once the five minute call happens. If somehow I don't manage to erase the marks, is this going to affect the accuracy of my score. Will those marks be picked up from the scantron machine?

The proctors will call you up at the end of the test and ask you to erase them. That's what happened to me.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 am

monsterman wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I usually make a dash mark next to the number if I have to guess on any so I can work backwards once the five minute call happens. If somehow I don't manage to erase the marks, is this going to effect the accuracy of my score. Will those marks be picked up from the scantron machine?

The proctors will call you up at the end of the test and ask you to erase them. That's what happened to me.

But if they don't will it effect anything?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:28 am

I'm not too sure if they would have any effect. Just do your best to ensure you do erase them; how many could you possibly have to guess on AND forget to erase right afterwards? Alternatively you could circle the questions in your test booklet you're unsure about and use that as your reference.

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:32 am

Also, if there were any problems, wouldn't a handscoring fix this?

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Nicolena. wrote:I usually make a dash mark next to the number if I have to guess on any so I can work backwards once the five minute call happens. If somehow I don't manage to erase the marks, is this going to effect the accuracy of my score. Will those marks be picked up from the scantron machine?

No, i did the same think in december. I didnt have to erase them and it did not do anything to the answer i bubbled. When i received my copy with my score the dots were still there.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:20 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:

No, i did the same think in december. I didnt have to erase them and it did not do anything to the answer i bubbled. When i received my copy with my score the dots were still there.

Thank you!!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”