What to do with new tests when you have one month left?

crazyvix

What to do with new tests when you have one month left?

Postby crazyvix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:44 am

I am taking on Feb 23rd, which leaves me about 25 days. I have done all the PTs from 1-63 twice. Now I have unused tests PT 64-71. I was wondering whether I should keep PTing or redo the older tests (maybe 45-63?). My average score now is 175 and the latest couple of PTs keep surprising me, 178,179,179,180 from 60,61,62,63 respectively. I don't really have a major weakness that keeps killing me so I don't think I need to go back to Manhattan or LSAT Trainer anymore, but there are always some stupid mistakes and still RC is giving me most trouble, mostly due to inconsistency. I really wish I could have an average near 180 so that I could confidently walk in the test center and kill it. Is there any suggestion you guys might offer?

Kimikho

Re: What to do with new tests when you have one month left?

Postby Kimikho » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:21 pm

I rotated through, moving between really recent tests, and not-as-recent-but-still-modern tests. The last three tests I did were my two highest scores again, and PT 69 (took in October).

It was something like:

Test

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 pm

scoobers wrote:I rotated through, moving between really recent tests, and not-as-recent-but-still-modern tests. The last three tests I did were my two highest scores again, and PT 69 (took in October).

It was something like:

Test

Great strategy.

If this is your first take, I would leave one or two recent tests out and save them for a possible retake.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:57 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:
scoobers wrote:I rotated through, moving between really recent tests, and not-as-recent-but-still-modern tests. The last three tests I did were my two highest scores again, and PT 69 (took in October).

It was something like:

Test

Great strategy.

If this is your first take, I would leave one or two recent tests out and save them for a possible retake.

I wouldn't do this. Redoing PTs can be just as helpful as doing new ones. With this strategy, you have PTs that you aren't as familiar with. Don't go into the test expecting to retake.

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:42 pm

scoobers wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:

It was something like:

Test

Great strategy.

I wouldn't do this. Redoing PTs can be just as helpful as doing new ones. With this strategy, you have PTs that you aren't as familiar with. Don't go into the test expecting to retake.

I see your point, but I don't necessarily agree that omitting one PT would substantially harm OP (but I am far from an LSAT expert). I agree that you should not go into the test expecting to retake though. It is a bad mindset, sorry for the poor advice.

crazyvix

Postby crazyvix » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:46 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:
scoobers wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:

It was something like:

Test

Great strategy.

I see your point, but I don't necessarily agree that omitting one PT would substantially harm OP (but I am far from an LSAT expert). I agree that you should not go into the test expecting to retake though. It is a bad mindset, sorry for the poor advice.

Nah, it's not a poor suggestion, it's just I also think the tests would still be unfamiliar even if you have done all of them since it has over 70 PTs, I couldn't even remember doing it when I was redoing some tests from 40-50 (maybe it was because of bad memory, but who cares lol)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”