Feedback Requested: LSAT Study Material List Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JazzyMac

Bronze

Feedback Requested: LSAT Study Material List

Post by JazzyMac » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:30 am

Here's my list of study material, courtesy of Amazon:

10 LSATs, 19-28
10 LSATs, 29-38

LSATs Deconstructed, 43-45
10 LSATs, 52-61
Individual LSATs, 70, 69, 68, 67, 65, 64, 62
Official LSAT Superprep
LSAT Logic Games Bible
LSAT Logic Games Workbook
LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible
LSAT Logic Reasoning Bible
LSAT Trainer
LSAT Logic Games by Type Vol. 2
LSAT Logic Reasoning by Type Vol. 2
*Tentative* LSAT Reading Comprehension by Type Vol. 2

I pretty much feel that my only "in" is through a perfect LSAT score. So I'm not taking any chances. Based on my research amongst the forum threads, I will go through these and then also check out the Manhattan sources for more drilling if necessary. These are a total of 40 tests.

**I made an edit to my list after considering the comments and doing more research. The ones in dark red can assist in drills, and also in practicing the same problems during study sessions. Another premium of $100, but once again...pennies in perspective of the big picture. The titles in bright red may be an either/or for its Cambridge counterpart. Still trying to decide what's more important: Drills, or practice tests for 21-40. If I just get the drills, and return the others, I can save a few bucks for packs of 5-hour energy.

Hopefully, this also helps those whom are looking for books in which to invest their money. Would appreciate any feedback you folks have for this listing. Thanks a lot!

Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: Feedback Requested: LSAT Study Material List

Post by Nicolena. » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:28 am

JazzyMac wrote:Here's my list of study material, courtesy of Amazon:

10 LSATs, 19-28
10 LSATs, 29-38

10 LSATs, 52-61
Official LSAT Superprep
LSAT Logic Games Bible
LSAT Trainer

I pretty much feel that my only "in" is through a perfect LSAT score. So I'm not taking any chances. Based on my research amongst the forum threads, I will go through these and then also check out the Manhattan sources for more drilling if necessary. These are a total of 40 tests.

**I made an edit to my list after considering the comments and doing more research. The ones in dark red can assist in drills, and also in practicing the same problems during study sessions. Another premium of $100, but once again...pennies in perspective of the big picture. The titles in bright red may be an either/or for its Cambridge counterpart. Still trying to decide what's more important: Drills, or practice tests for 21-40. If I just get the drills, and return the others, I can save a few bucks for packs of 5-hour energy.

Hopefully, this also helps those whom are looking for books in which to invest their money. Would appreciate any feedback you folks have for this listing. Thanks a lot!
In my opinion, I think there are too many books. All you need is :
The trainer
MLSAT LR,RC,LG (mostly just LR)
PTs 1-71
Scantrons
Cambridge all packets (LR,RC, LG)

Also use free resources like 7sage for lg video explanations and a few relevant blog posts on conditional logic and common flaws; as well as lsat blog who has so many useful tips, recommendations etc (even has articles about study plans, anxiety, etc.).

And you need a lot of patience and a lot of time.

HTH! Good luck!

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:07 am

Nicolena. wrote:
JazzyMac wrote:Here's my list of study material, courtesy of Amazon:

10 LSATs, 19-28
10 LSATs, 29-38

10 LSATs, 52-61
Official LSAT Superprep
LSAT Logic Games Bible
LSAT Trainer

In my opinion, I think there are too many books. All you need is :
The trainer
MLSAT LR,RC,LG (mostly just LR)
PTs 1-71
Scantrons
Cambridge all packets (LR,RC, LG)

Also use free resources like 7sage for lg video explanations and a few relevant blog posts on conditional logic and common flaws; as well as lsat blog who has so many useful tips, recommendations etc (even has articles about study plans, anxiety, etc.).

And you need a lot of patience and a lot of time.

HTH! Good luck!
Nicolena,

Thank you so much for answering! I was getting nervous. I do feel I need to cut down on the books--but I wasn't sure which.

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:19 pm

I don't suggest the LSAT by types. Use cambridge packets. I actually don't think they are much cheaper, but it is really nice to be able to reprint out questions.

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:06 pm

scoobers wrote:I don't suggest the LSAT by types. Use cambridge packets. I actually don't think they are much cheaper, but it is really nice to be able to reprint out questions.
So if you don't suggest by types, does it matter if they are the Cambridge packets or LSAT packets?

Or are you just saying that Cambridge has the tests on PDF; order the straight tests, but not the drills?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:13 pm

mist4bison wrote:
JazzyMac wrote:
scoobers wrote:I don't suggest the LSAT by types. Use cambridge packets. I actually don't think they are much cheaper, but it is really nice to be able to reprint out questions.
So if you don't suggest by types, does it matter if they are the Cambridge packets or LSAT packets?

Or are you just saying that Cambridge has the tests on PDF; order the straight tests, but not the drills?
I would just spend the $300 on the bundle and get the cambridge drills + PTs. It's worth it. Everything is on PDF.

You definitely need drills. I think what scoobers is saying is that it'll be better to order a bundle than to buy the separate by type books.
Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear. I bought one of the by-type books, but wish I hadn't. It was a waste of money, and I ended up re-buying the a lot of those questions (the books only go 1-20 then 21-38 or something).

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:28 am

scoobers wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
JazzyMac wrote:

I would just spend the $300 on the bundle and get the cambridge drills + PTs. It's worth it. Everything is on PDF.

You definitely need drills. I think what scoobers is saying is that it'll be better to order a bundle than to buy the separate by type books.
Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear. I bought one of the by-type books, but wish I hadn't. It was a waste of money, and I ended up re-buying the a lot of those questions (the books only go 1-20 then 21-38 or something).
Thanks for giving some feedback. Well, here's to studying! Hopefully I will be posting good news later this year.

paully

New

Post by paully » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Manhattan for LR
Powerscore for LG
Voyager's Strategy for RC
Cambridge Drills

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 am

paully wrote:Manhattan for LR
Powerscore for LG
Voyager's Strategy for RC
Cambridge Drills
Thanks a lot!

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:17 am

10 LSATs, 19-28
10 LSATs, 29-38
10 LSATs, 52-61
Individual LSATs, 74, 72, 70, 69, 68, 67, 65, 64, 62
LSAT Superprep I & II
LSAT Logic Games Bible
LSAT Trainer
Manhattan LR, LG, RC
Cambridge LSAT Logic Games by Type/PDF 1-38
Cambridge LSAT Logic Reasoning by Type/PDF 1-38

**Updated my list! I've gone through a couple of these books already, of course. But I added Cambridge so I could just print out and drill as necessary no matter where I am. I added Manhattan because #TLS. A bit paranoid/manic in my approach, but my study material keeps me warm. Please don't judge...we all have our vices. :oops:

I posted this because I notice a lot of posts asking about study material.

Talarose

Bronze

Post by Talarose » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:21 am

Are you planning on taking the October test?

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Talarose wrote:Are you planning on taking the October test?
That is definitely the plan.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Talarose

Bronze

Post by Talarose » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Just wondering because I'm doing the same and I thought I was crazy for trying to cram in all those books by October. I'm mainly focusing on the packets and PT's for LR since it's my weakest area. I'm trying to figure out what will work best for RC.

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 am

It's a tall order, yes. And a lot of the members here will advise against it in true "180 or Bust" fashion. My goal is daily chipping and digging and I will be good!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”