Worst day of my life Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
alexrodriguez

Silver

Worst day of my life

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:40 pm

I took my first real timed exam today. All the conditions were the way they should have been.

I knew within the first 5 minutes it was going to be awful and I wanted to just stop right then and there, but I've never actually taken a timed exam and I had to do it.

I scored a 149.

Do I just not pursue law school at this point?

I literally just finished the LSAT trainer too.

It just seems like rock bottom. I honestly feel like an idiot. Like a little kid with no idea whats going on.

I guess I have to make an honest assessment right now about what I need to change and do differently.

Television has to go. Watching the same Suits episodes has to stop. No more Paper Chase either. If I skip out on the gym everyday that's an extra hour and a half of studying. This is crazy.

str8yolked

Bronze

Re: Worst day of my life

Post by str8yolked » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:45 pm

louierodriguez wrote:I took my first real timed exam today. All the conditions were the way they should have been.

I knew within the first 5 minutes it was going to be awful and I wanted to just stop right then and there, but I've never actually taken a timed exam and I had to do it.

I scored a 149.

Do I just not pursue law school at this point?

I literally just finished the LSAT trainer too.

It just seems like rock bottom. I honestly feel like an idiot. Like a little kid with no idea whats going on.

I guess I have to make an honest assessment right now about what I need to change and do differently.

Television has to go. Watching the same Suits episodes has to stop. No more Paper Chase either. If I skip out on the gym everyday that's an extra hour and a half of studying. This is crazy.
I wouldn't give up just yet! I scored 153 on my first timed test and ended up with a 17x.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 pm

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Uhh...Haven't you been studying for awhile? Asking to see what exactly you've been doing before doing your first timed exam.

Are you not finishing the sections and having to guess? If you can finish the sections in time, then it seems you haven't really mastered understanding what questions are asking. Also what are section break downs?

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 pm

I scored a 148/150 6months ago on my first test. I scored a 170 two days ago. Buck up brother you can do it. U have more than enough time before June. Timed tests and drilling are two different beast so just adjust to the timed aspect of the test and u will see improvement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Dude, my first real timed exam was a 154. I got a 180 on test day. Just study more. You'll be fine.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Bad times, man. How did the sections break down for you?

Maybe you were just rattled by the time constraint. Take a few more timed PTs and see if things change?

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Last edited by bound on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm

tomwatts wrote:Dude, my first real timed exam was a 154. I got a 180 on test day. Just study more. You'll be fine.
:)

John Everyman

Silver

Post by John Everyman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Putting all classes and such aside, the thing that helped me the most was taking PTs over and over and over. By the time May rolls around try to be taking one every day and I can virtually guarantee you will crush it. The LSAT can be learned like anything else.

Darmody

Bronze

Post by Darmody » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Drop the other stuff but don't skip out on the gym. You have to get aesthetic brah.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 pm

LR -14
RC -10
LG -7
LR -13

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 pm

You are the reason retakes were invented. Give it another go.
If it's equally abysmal, take another. If you bomb that one, seek another profession

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:03 pm

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:06 pm

damn, missed that.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Seriously man. I just saw you -- like yesterday -- posting the LSAT equivalent of "go hard or go home" on the thread that asked "how many times would you take the lsat if you had to".

It's your first PT? Man, just keep working. This is a long-haul game, you know? And it sounds like your anxiety seriously worked against you -- it sounds like you went into your first PT convinced that you were going to hit 170, and when it started going bad you panicked.

Keep studying. And yeah, cut out the TV -- especially lawyering shows (#notreallife). If you are motivated, you can succeed. If not, you can't. Ergo, be motivated.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:15 pm

tomwatts wrote:Dude, my first real timed exam was a 154. I got a 180 on test day. Just study more. You'll be fine.
woah

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:25 pm

So let me get this straight. You're not dying, a family member didn't die, nobody ran over your dog, and you didn't find your significant other in bed with someone else. I'd hardly call it the worst day of your life. To quote the great Allen Iverson, "We're talking 'bout practice." Chill out.

Vursz

Bronze

Post by Vursz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:29 pm

When I first started studying for the LSAT, I'd have "freezes" throughout the test, esp. in my worst sections (logic games). Ended up wasting most of the tests in SuperPrep because of mid-test panic attacks.

Then I would go to the gym and lift for an hour, and everything would look a little better.

I ended up with a 180.

Christine (MLSAT)

Bronze

Post by Christine (MLSAT) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Keep the gym. <Insert lecture on exercise and endorphins and mental processing>

An extra hour a day of studying isn't going to help you unless you figure out what you're really doing wrong. The answer is almost always 'study more efficiently' not just 'study longer'.

It's time to put your game face on, sit down with the results of that test and get introspective. No one improves on the LSAT without being able to face themselves, and their own mistakes, thought processes, and bad habits. Congratulations, you've just hit a milestone: this is where the real work begins.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Have you drilled yet? Do you THOROUGHLY review? Go to the manhattan forums and start looking up explanations and post as much as you can.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:39 pm

By the way, have you ever thought that you are putting WAY too much pressure on yourself? I mean seriously...you get one bad test score with very little experience, score about average, and then you say its "the worst day of your life?" Have some perspective.

By the way, it's all good to be amped about it and everything but don't run your mouth so much :D (I am not trying to be an ass. What I mean is that it adds to the pressure).

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:39 pm

started at a 134. im in the mid 160's. gunna hit 170's cause i know i will. fuck all the bullshit and dive into your plan of attack.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm

louierodriguez wrote: If I skip out on the gym everyday that's an extra hour and a half of studying. This is crazy.
Not worth it.

bigguns >>> biglaw

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”