Chances schools extend deadlines

withoutapaddle

Chances schools extend deadlines

Postby withoutapaddle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:19 pm

I saw in 2012 Northwestern and Cornell we're accepting apps in July of the same school year

Think it's possible this could happen again w apps being down?

Jeffort

Re: Chances schools extend deadlines

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 am

Where did you see that info? You should double check the context and what was being accepted for what type/year law school program and for what purpose. Neither Cornell nor Northwestern has ever accepted new applications for regular full time law program fall admission as late as July for same year fall matriculation. Classes start in August/early September at the latest for all normal full time ABA law school programs. Part time, night, and winter start programs have different application deadlines. You probably saw information about something different than normal full time 1L admissions, or about people in a previous cycle getting off waitlists with June scores, or some other type of late in the cycle activity due to supplementing an already pending application, or the earliest date in the cycle they'll start to accept applications for admission the following fall.

Top schools are still getting enough quality applicants to avoiding needing to get desperate by accepting new applications all the way up to the last minute before classes start. Lower ranked schools doing something like this wouldn't surprise me though since they are getting hurt badly by the decline in applicants and some are struggling just to fill classes with decent applicants.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:11 am

What I'm wondering is......

if we apply with a February score and get accepted, but decide to also take the June LSAT, obtain a higher score, will we still be eligible for scholarships by then? Does this vary by school?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 am

withoutapaddle wrote:http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/2012/07/most-top-law-schools-still-accepting.html

Oh, I thought you were talking about the official deadlines for guaranteed consideration being extended like Harvard did for this cycle, not just schools still being willing to take a look at new apps later if they feel like it or not.
Last edited by Jeffort on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

papercut

Postby papercut » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 am

withoutapaddle wrote:http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/2012/07/most-top-law-schools-still-accepting.html

This is really overblown. It's been known to happen long before 2012. If you get a 180, or something similar, the deadlines soften up. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 am

There is no such thing as a deadline, because you should be complete well before it. Seriously, I applied March first last year, and wisely sat out the cycle to apply again in Sept. If you are worried about app deadlines in July, it's time to sit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”