Is PT 59 weirdly hard? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
crazyvix

New

Is PT 59 weirdly hard?

Post by crazyvix » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:17 am

By that I mean the LR sections (especially the first one) are full of trap answers, I scored a -7 in one section, this has never happened before..
RC section is also not easy, although I scored a -2, which is not really bad, yet the third passage is troublesome. But the curve is pretty generous, I scored a 171 with -12.. but still, LR is unexplainable
I want to know whether someone else has felt the exactly same thing or it's just me who is performing worse on LR (I feel it, I don't know why but my LR thinking abilities seem to have deteriorated ever since I paused my study for about 10 days due to finals this semester)

papercut

Silver

Re: Is PT 59 weirdly hard?

Post by papercut » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 am

crazyvix wrote: I scored a 171 with -12..
That's a tough test.

Different people have different strengths and weaknesses. You'll find someone to agree with whatever experience you had, and someone who will strongly disagree.

Don't worry about how hard a certain section or question is, just review your mistakes. Try to find a better way to predict the correct answer.

Tlucidum

New

Post by Tlucidum » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Last edited by Tlucidum on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:20 am

Just took 59, LR went pretty typically for me (-2 across both), but LG really screwed me over. We all have strengths and weaknesses, on days versus off days as well as certain things that trip us up that may show up in different concentrations across different tests.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

kcdc1

Silver

Post by kcdc1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:36 am

Anecdote: I started practicing on older PTs. ~10 days before the test, I started using the more expensive recent PTs. All of a sudden, I went from consistently at -0 or -1 per LR to -5 per LR and struggling to finish sections on time. I freaked out thinking that post-2008, LSAC had figured out how to make LR questions I couldn't handle and that I was screwed. Then it occurred to me that I had subtly changed my practice routine by adding coffee before my PT. As soon as I cut the coffee, I was back to -0 with time to spare.

Long story short, seemingly trivial changes in your routine can have big impacts on performance. 59 could be a tough test, or something weird could have thrown you off.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:52 pm

LG was fine for me and LR was normal... but I thought the RC on this section was much more difficult then in any other previous PT i have taken

Especially the fucking japanese sculptor. Straight forward passage but ridiculous questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”