Was the December LSAT "easier" than most?

yafosho

Was the December LSAT "easier" than most?

Postby yafosho » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 am

I took the December LSAT and scored a 164. I know that score isn't incredible compared to many of the users on this site but considering that was definitely one of my higher scores when compared with the probably 25 practice tests I took and that I had to score something in that range to mitigate my less than stellar GPA to make top 30 schools at least a possibility, I'm almost very proud of it. I say almost only because I saw here ( https://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/lsat ... res-today/ ) that the curve for December's LSAT was considerable, and when I compared that with a random past practice LSAT i had taken, the score I would have gotten with that one's curve would have been like a 158 or something like that. I know that the curve is supposed to be equalized but because of this I've been feeling a pang of guilt that won't let me really feel justified in being proud about my score since this has me thinking this test may have been easier on average. Is this the case?
I try to be very honest with myself so Should I say I scored 164 on an easy LSAT or can i say that I scored a 164 on the LSAT with 100% pride? Thanks.

blackbirdfly

Re: Was the December LSAT "easier" than most?

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 am

Dec 2013 LSAT was difficult, thus the lenient curve.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 am

I don't think you need to put a mental asterisk next to your score - you earned it fair and square. LSAC's been doing this for a while, and I haven't heard anyone say that the December curve was overly generous, or that they wildly over-performed compared to their PT average.

I think how "easy" a particular LSAT is also depends on your strengths and weaknesses. For me, it didn't matter whether a PT had "hard" or "easy" LR and RC sections - I would pretty much always go -1 to -3 in those sections regardless. But the PTs with "hard" LG sections screwed me up big time.

tl;dr - maybe December was actually hard enough to justify the -14 curve, but it was just hard in areas where you were strong enough that it didn't matter?

China Spy

Postby China Spy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:24 am

Code: Select all

The June Law School Admission Test is in less than a week, and soon-to-be test takers have at least one reason to breathe easy. Average LSAT scores have been slightly higher for people taking the exam during this month, as well as for those taking it during September or October, according to a report from the Law School Admission Council.

Source: http://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... edian-lsat

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:34 pm

I found the test to be easier as well

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:27 pm

I wouldn't say it was easier so much as there were no surprises.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

yafosho

Postby yafosho » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:00 am

PourMeTea wrote:
yafosho wrote:

You scored a 164 on a relatively difficult LSAT, and it's likely representative of the progress you made. Congrats!

Awesome, thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”