Last minute

jdul34839

Last minute

Postby jdul34839 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Long story short, I haven't really studied much for the February lsat. I do have the lsat logic games bible and a few practice tests I intend on reviewing. Is it even possible for me to go head first into the logic games bible for the next two weeks and have a shot at a decent lsat score?

BPlaura

Re: Last minute

Postby BPlaura » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Depends on what score you're starting with, what score you consider "decent," how much time you have to study every day, how well you study - in other words, there are way too many variables for us to be able to answer this. (Although the answer is "probably not" - most people spend months studying, and *only* studying logic games won't get you all that far.)

However, LSAT scores are incredibly important - they are a huge part of what schools you get into and how much scholarship money you get. So if you don't spend an adequate amount of time studying, you'll really be shortchanging yourself. Postpone until the June or September, take a look around here for tons of resources on how to prepare for the LSAT, and put the work in to knock it out of the park. You'll be way better off than if you cram LG for two weeks and take it in February.

d cooper

Postby d cooper » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Prep for June.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:53 pm

You do realize that going to a law school is going to, more likely than not, require much more effort than studying for the LSAT. If you cannot buckle down and study then you might want to reconsider.

However, as to your question, it IS absolutely possible. Some people have diagnostics of 172 without ever cracking a book. However, those types of people are unlikely and while I am not saying that you AREN'T one of them you probably are not. I would say you should definitely push back to June and if you don't feel comfortable a few weeks before the test, go September. With your GPA and a 165+ you'll be looking at some decent schools that fall within your goals, assuming your goals are the same as stated in your previous posts.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:32 pm

d cooper wrote:Prep for June.

This.

If you want the possibility of hearinga different answer, take a diagnostic under strict conditions today or tomorrow, post your score, and post your target.

You'll still probably hear us all say prep for June. In fact, I kind of take all of what I just said back: if your diagnostic is good, that means you have a shot at studying and hitting 177+ in June. So... Yeah. Under all circumstances, waiting is the best option if you are just now beginning to study.

Christine (MLSAT)

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Anything is possible. But it's highly unlikely.

You might be able to power through a games prep book and *understand* what they are doing and why. But that just means you're able to consciously follow along while someone else takes the action steps. It would not, in any way, indicate that you are capable of independently taking those action steps yourself.

Improving on the LSAT is not just about understanding the concepts better. It's about being able to recreate it, over and over again, and that takes practice. You have to build up habits, so that you are moving through certain analysis effortlessly, saving the time and mental energy for the bits that really matter/can't be anticipated.

You might be able to power through a whole helluva lot of understanding in 2 weeks, depending on your analytical adaptability, but there's no way to recreate the habit building - that cannot be easily crammed into tight spaces, no matter how smart you are.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”